Add Bounty Hunter and Sith tags to asajj ventress plz!

Prev1
Seeing as asajj was apprentice and assassin for Darth Tiranus, and that she worked as a bounty Hunter later in her life it would make sense to add those to her synergy list. Especially sith, though. Her skill set would be most welcome to the sith line up!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please search. she will not be getting a sith tag, sorry. The dev team have stated that tags are built on a "snapshot" of how the character would identify themselves at that moment. This version of asajj isn't a sith, according to this definition.

BH according to this definition doesn't fit either. That was later.
  • Options
    The Pre Bounty Hunter, Pre Sith version. :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    according to them right now this version is not a sith.

according to the tags they gave her this is the NS version.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Please search. she will not be getting a sith tag, sorry. The dev team have stated that tags are built on a "snapshot" of how the character would identify themselves at that moment. This version of asajj isn't a sith, according to this definition.

So which "snapshot" of r2 did we get? All it this is, is more lightsde bias. If r2 can have galactic republic, rebel and resistance tags then there is no valid reason that asajj shouldn't have sith and bounty hunter tags.
  • Options
    R2 got a VERY LONG snapshot :D
  • Options
    9e92ef9eb5782ef339e90c6ebf85c01fb49281ad_hq.jpg
  • Options
    Give het BH tag wont save the faction, so dont bother.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Give het BH tag wont save the faction, so dont bother.

If she has BH tag, I would be able to complete those BH missions in DS TB.
  • Options
    How could she be Separatist and not Sith? That would be the same exact "snapshot" in her life.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c1ever_pun wrote: »

So which "snapshot" of r2 did we get? All it this is, is more lightsde bias. If r2 can have galactic republic, rebel and resistance tags then there is no valid reason that asajj shouldn't have sith and bounty hunter tags.

If his snapshot is from at the end of say TLJ, then he could consider himself any of those tags or all of them. All depends how he was programmed.... But I am just describing the tag process as the devs have.

But anyway, I don't know why they chose that tag for her or to dismiss other tags. But the statement they gave us is " this version of asajj will not get the with tag".
  • Options
    Assaj in game is from the one episode where Dooku fires her and Talzin remakes her. Hence the Separatist and NS tags. She was never a Sith apprentice, having received no actual Sith teachings. She was not yet a BH.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

With R2 they left the camera shutter open for a much longer exposure.
  • Options
    xeo wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

With R2 they left the camera shutter open for a much longer exposure.

It's a panoramic view.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    The Sith tag is the stronger claim, as you'd probably need a separate Asajj Ventress Bounty Hunter version. But as has been pointed out with the R2 thing, there's really very little consistency here. I'm less keen on seeing loads of character variants (it's pretty crazy with all of the Han's... ) but well I doubt in this case there's much demand for an AV BH from an expenditure perspective so the whole thing is fairly redundant
  • Options
    Its the look that they have. R2 looks the same everywhere so he gets all the tags. Ventress however looks different as a bounty hunter so shed need a different toon for that kit.

Ventress however is not a sith, she does not practice its beliefs. She knows sith but she herself isnt one, using a red saber is not enough to qualify. Savage gets it because Maul (whi is a trained sith) attempted to train him properly and was an official apprentice to counter Palpatine under the rule of 2. Ventress knows nothing of how the rule of 2 works and thus is not a current sith
  • Options
    Its the look that they have. R2 looks the same everywhere so he gets all the tags. Ventress however looks different as a bounty hunter so shed need a different toon for that kit.

Ventress however is not a sith, she does not practice its beliefs. She knows sith but she herself isnt one, using a red saber is not enough to qualify. Savage gets it because Maul (whi is a trained sith) attempted to train him properly and was an official apprentice to counter Palpatine under the rule of 2. Ventress knows nothing of how the rule of 2 works and thus is not a current sith

Nihilius knew nothing of the rule of 2 either. People read way too much into the rule of 2. Ventress was being trained in the ways of the force by a Sith Lord. That makes her Sith.
  • Options

That is a very good argument... R2 is resistance, rebel and galactic republic... and empire and imperial trooper... sith and Jedi also... tusken.
  • Options
    She was never a Sith. She was an assassin. At the time she was paired with Dooku the rule of 2 means only Palp and Dooku get Sith tags during that period.

Before you make the "But Maul and Savage!" argument, Maul was Palps original apprentice, then he died and Dooku became his new apprentice. Savage gets a Sith tag because Maul was following the rule of two when he took Savage as his apprentice and claimed to be the "true Sith Lord." Savage was not "Sith" under Dooku.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    She was never a Sith. She was an assassin. At the time she was paired with Dooku the rule of 2 means only Palp and Dooku get Sith tags during that period.

Before you make the "But Maul and Savage!" argument, Maul was Palps original apprentice, then he died and Dooku became his new apprentice. Savage gets a Sith tag because Maul was following the rule of two when he took Savage as his apprentice and claimed to be the "true Sith Lord." Savage was not "Sith" under Dooku.

Such a confusing paragraph. So basically you're saying that if you're believed dead for 10 years, and return to train someone, they count as Sith. But if you're alive and well and working for the Sith, and you train someone, they don't count.
  • Options
    She was never a Sith. She was an assassin.

I think the sith assassin character proves that the two are not mutually exclusive
  • Options
    She was never a Sith. She was an assassin.

I think the sith assassin character proves that the two are not mutually exclusive

Different era of sith, different philosophy. So whilst not mutually exclusive, the point they made is that she is just an assasin, not a sith.
  • Options
    Allow me to quote Asajj Ventress herself,”The Dark Side is strong in me, for I am Sith.” Clone Wars Chapter 6 from the Cartoon Network series from 2003-2005. Do I need to include a link?
    No. You should all remember this line. It was the first time we heard her speak! I don’t care what Dooku said, what the programmers said, or what affiliations R2-D2 were given in the game. She claimed to be Sith the very first time she spoke. She was also a bounty hunter. This is a stupid argument for two reasons. Everybody knows she was Sith. Everybody knows the programmers won’t change her affiliation. Try using the Force next time.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ventress was separatist only while she was Dooku's apprentice, and this is Ventress' separatist version. I think it is more about balance than versions, this is the same situation with the vet smugglers and Old Ben before rework.
    Besides she receives the red lightsabers from Dooku (at least in legends).
  • Options
    according to them right now this version is not a sith.

according to the tags they gave her this is the NS version.

according to that.... why Commander luke dont have a jedi tag? he has done his training with yoda and obiwan? ahsoka was in her jedi training like luke and she have the jedi tag.....