Sith Raid Preview

Replies

• Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    ANUBlS wrote: »
    Very few overreactions in my opinion... just people who play every day with some sort of purpose but we don’t really have a purpose right now because nobody is saying anything. I’m blindly farming toons and gear and in hopes I get it right. Would rather know I’m not wasting my time...

Maybe have a purpose outside of the game. Do charity work. Get a pet. Do some work around the house. Get a hobby. Learn a skill. Start a business. Raise a family.

The communication we've received so far is as good as it's ever been for this game. We know quite a bit, and have a firm date on top of that. And we know that there are a bunch of videos being prepared right now with more info that will drop the second EA/CG gives the OK. The flood of baseless, childish crying on these forums (not you, but in general) about a few days of waiting is absurd.

I mean the game changers much hyped trip to Sacramento ended two days ago, but they're not allowed to say anything because EA/CG wants to induce panic farming so they can squeeze more money out of their heavy spenders

What exactly are they inducing us to panic farm? Nothing. In the same thread that you're saying that, another poster is saying he doesn't know what to farm.

A bit of coordination, and control on the release of information isn't a bad thing. They have made mistakes in the way they release info before, and been eviscerated for it by an angry community. We got a bunch of info already, and a firm date. Just chill.

Not giving out any info so people don't know what to farm up until the event is released is exactly how you induce a panic farm lol.

False nonsense. Saying, "here is an amazing character, and here is a previously unfarmable toon required to get him next week." That's how you induce pain farming.
    Very few overreactions in my opinion... just people who play every day with some sort of purpose but we don’t really have a purpose right now because nobody is saying anything. I’m blindly farming toons and gear and in hopes I get it right. Would rather know I’m not wasting my time...

Maybe have a purpose outside of the game. Do charity work. Get a pet. Do some work around the house. Get a hobby. Learn a skill. Start a business. Raise a family.

The communication we've received so far is as good as it's ever been for this game. We know quite a bit, and have a firm date on top of that. And we know that there are a bunch of videos being prepared right now with more info that will drop the second EA/CG gives the OK. The flood of baseless, childish crying on these forums (not you, but in general) about a few days of waiting is absurd.

I mean the game changers much hyped trip to Sacramento ended two days ago, but they're not allowed to say anything because EA/CG wants to induce panic farming so they can squeeze more money out of their heavy spenders

What exactly are they inducing us to panic farm? Nothing. In the same thread that you're saying that, another poster is saying he doesn't know what to farm.

A bit of coordination, and control on the release of information isn't a bad thing. They have made mistakes in the way they release info before, and been eviscerated for it by an angry community. We got a bunch of info already, and a firm date. Just chill.
    There's no reason to hold back info on it unless they're thinking it'll squeeze money out of people. All I want is basic info: what will be the rewards, how many tiers are there, etc.

Clueless garbage. Remember when they showed us HRSoldier being required at 5*, but then it was changed to 7*, and they had to give out thousands and thousands of dollars worth of refunds? Remember when they gave us an estimate of August for when the HAAT would come out, and we mocked them relentlessly for about 2 1/2 months until it was finally ready? Getting the correct, finalized, approved, and proof read info out to us in a coordinated way prevents rage quits and refunds, and reduces player confusion.

We all know how raids work at this point. And knowing tiers, and rewards will have ZERO effect on what to farm. We will have to actually have it in the game, and start theory crafting to know what to farm. The more time that goes by, the more resources I hoard. And the better prepared I'll be for when it comes. You're just boohooing for no valid reason.

You induce panic farming by keeping people in the dark about what's going on. If they aren't trying to get people to panic farm, then why are they keeping people in the dark about an event that's gonna launch in three days?

Yes, I remember the August jokes that came about when they pushed HAAT back. I also remember that they put out plenty of info about the raid greater than 3 days before they released it.

You induce panic farms with time sensitive special events requiring specific characters. Not raids. Every character can be used in raids. And they run constantly. There is no need to panic farm anything for a raid. You're just crying for no reason.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

" In the same thread that you're saying that, another poster is saying he doesn't know what to farm."

Not giving out any info so people don't know what to farm up until the event is released is exactly how you induce a panic farm lol.

There's no reason to hold back info on it unless they're thinking it'll squeeze money out of people. All I want is basic info: what will be the rewards, how many tiers are there, etc.

They got back on a Friday and still have to edit and make the videos ready. I would imagine they then have to get approved by CG before they release anything..... we know that game changers that don't do this may not be happy campers.

So there is actual logistical reasons things take time.

The most recent releases on the forum of information that have had game changer vids have been very coordinated and even in single stream posts, since no one is there at CG to do this maybe we are waiting for all this to get put together on Monday. Still plenty of time to come out before the content update scheduled for the 28th.

That's fine if they need to edit the videos, but they're not even allowed to talk about when they're gonna be able to let the videos drop. That's obnoxious
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Tuftedpaper85 What you say could maybe have some merit if they were launching an Event, as Events often require specific characters or character genres.
    They're not. They're launching a Raid. Raids have not ever required specific characters, so there is absolutely zero requirement for any "panic farming" in order to be able to take part in the Raid that they launch in 3 days.
    Just 5 toons required for Normal and 5 x 7* toons for Heroic.
    Where's this so called panic?
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Tuftedpaper85 What you say would have some merit if they were launching an Event, as Events often require specific characters or character genres.
    They're not. They're launching a Raid. Raids have not ever required specific characters, so there is absolutely zero requirement for any "panic farming".

If they're not trying to induce panic farming, then why is no one allowed to say anything?

Very few players have rosters that will be ready to complete this thing right away. There's gonna be people that will spend loads of money trying to get there
  • Options
    I don't know why people think panic farming for a raid is a thing. There aren't any specific character requirements for Raids. Doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    If you haven't been farming Sith Assassin and Trooper, you might find yourself disappointed Monday afternoon.
  • Options
    This was a painful thread to read. So... much... moaning.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I don't know why people think panic farming for a raid is a thing. There aren't any specific character requirements for Raids. Doesn't make any sense to me.

There's gonna be people who will want to beat the heroic tier within the first week and they will drop hundreds of dollars really quickly so they can do that. Very few people have every single character at gear 11/12
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    If you haven't been farming Sith Assassin and Trooper, you might find yourself disappointed Monday afternoon.

@FiddleMaster do tell us more...
  • Options

37 years old, two kids and a wife, a successful business with 28 employees, just finished remodeling my kitchen 2 months ago. My free time is valuable to me so I don’t like to waste it, especially when for the last raid release we had a lot of general information released 3 months before the raid dropped. This new raid drops in 3 days and we know near nothing. Plus a phase 1 marquee with no info on a phase 2.

Thanks for your post though. Very helpful and on point. Keep up the good work young man and try to find something to do other than trolling. Girls might be a good start, but moving out of your parents basement should be top priority. @JacenRoe

You really felt the need to give all the specifics. I had little doubt that you are deeply mired in the responsibilities of adulthood as am I. I was in my own sarcastic way saying, 'grow up, and learn some patience.' Acting like the world is coming to an end because a game update doesn't come right this instant is not what I would expect from an adult.

We were given a ton of info, and an exact date, and a promise that more info is coming. Also raids are totally different than legendary/heroic events. All toons can be used. We need to actually have the raid in our hands to know how to prepare. Nothing they tell us is going to help. It might actually hurt. Ask anyone who geared Jawas ahead of the HAAT. Just hoard gear until it drops in the game. That's the best move no matter what.

And trolling impatient forum posters who want to cry into the abyss because the world doesn't revolve around them is how I'm entertaining myself in the tiny, insignificant blip of time we have to wait. You can't take that from me.

Don’t really understand the point where you say we’ve been given a lot of information....... thinking.......searching.......... ohhh found it,
    We will have a raid dropping the 28th, thanks!!!!!!

That’s not a lot of info, and for your information, I did farm Jawas for the raid and they made my guild drop HAAT in January, before zetas were introduced, but still, jawas allowed us go past phase 2 when there was no Zetas, so no clones and no beast teams, just jedis, jawas/droids, chirpatine, teebotie and finally rebels.
    So yeah, they did help a hell of a lot them Jawas.
    TW we knew weeks beforehand who would be getting bonuses, who wouldn’t, and how it would work.
    I don’t care about not knowing about the toons that I have to farm, it’s just, on the 14th we got told: Hey guys, we have a new raid dropping in 2 weeks with our QoL.

Thanks!!
    That’s not a lot of info and it makes people get bored waiting for whatever to drop.
  • Options

There's gonna be people who will want to beat the heroic tier within the first week and they will drop hundreds of dollars really quickly so they can do that. Very few people have every single character at gear 11/12

Yes... people will spend money to beat the raid. and that will happen no matter when it's released, and no matter what we know about it in advance. It doesn't make any difference. It's not an evil conspiracy. The sooner it actually comes, the sooner we start theory crafting, and testing. Then we will figure out who to work on. Knowing or not knowing a few details in advance is totally irrelevant to that. There are plenty of things the devs do to coax money out of us. And I don't begrudge them that. But you trying to make this a nefarious plot to take our money is silly.
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »

37 years old, two kids and a wife, a successful business with 28 employees, just finished remodeling my kitchen 2 months ago. My free time is valuable to me so I don’t like to waste it, especially when for the last raid release we had a lot of general information released 3 months before the raid dropped. This new raid drops in 3 days and we know near nothing. Plus a phase 1 marquee with no info on a phase 2.

Thanks for your post though. Very helpful and on point. Keep up the good work young man and try to find something to do other than trolling. Girls might be a good start, but moving out of your parents basement should be top priority. @JacenRoe

You really felt the need to give all the specifics. I had little doubt that you are deeply mired in the responsibilities of adulthood as am I. I was in my own sarcastic way saying, 'grow up, and learn some patience.' Acting like the world is coming to an end because a game update doesn't come right this instant is not what I would expect from an adult.

We were given a ton of info, and an exact date, and a promise that more info is coming. Also raids are totally different than legendary/heroic events. All toons can be used. We need to actually have the raid in our hands to know how to prepare. Nothing they tell us is going to help. It might actually hurt. Ask anyone who geared Jawas ahead of the HAAT. Just hoard gear until it drops in the game. That's the best move no matter what.

And trolling impatient forum posters who want to cry into the abyss because the world doesn't revolve around them is how I'm entertaining myself in the tiny, insignificant blip of time we have to wait. You can't take that from me.

Don’t really understand the point where you say we’ve been given a lot of information....... thinking.......searching.......... ohhh found it,
    We will have a raid dropping the 28th, thanks!!!!!!

That’s not a lot of info, and for your information, I did farm Jawas for the raid and they made my guild drop HAAT in January, before zetas were introduced, but still, jawas allowed us go past phase 2 when there was no Zetas, so no clones and no beast teams, just jedis, jawas/droids, chirpatine, teebotie and finally rebels.
    So yeah, they did help a hell of a lot them Jawas.
    TW we knew weeks beforehand who would be getting bonuses, who wouldn’t, and how it would work.
    I don’t care about not knowing about the toons that I have to farm, it’s just, on the 14th we got told: Hey guys, we have a new raid dropping in 2 weeks with our QoL.

Thanks!!
    That’s not a lot of info and it makes people get bored waiting for whatever to drop.

People being excited is good. I'm excited about it. People crying like spoiled children, and claiming it's an evil plot to take our money is what's been happening in this thread for days. All the info about the QoL update, and a firm date for the raid is a lot. The rest is coming. Be. Patient.
  • Options
    @AnnerDoon The 28th is still 3 days away. There is plenty of time yet remaining for information to be forthcoming.
    Just learn patience, it's a virtue.

Maybe you should learn reading comprehension. We were told that we would get info, but we haven't. Exactly how much information is needed after the raid drops, anyway? Further, how virtuous I may or may not be has nothing to do with wanting clear communication from the devs.

Personally, I really don't care two shakes about whatever new hotness is in the works. I just want them to do what they say they're going to do and quit jerking the collective chains of the player base every chance they get.
  • Options
    I feel that the hype has died and the frustration is setting in. This has been drug out for way too long to build hype. We got an annoucement weeks ago. And then.......nothing. That doesn't build hype. It does exactly what is happening now on the forum. There is a way to build hype and the devs missed it. Little bits of info spread out over time builds hype. One announcement and then dead silence doesn't.
  • Options

Yes... people will spend money to beat the raid. and that will happen no matter when it's released, and no matter what we know about it in advance. It doesn't make any difference. It's not an evil conspiracy. The sooner it actually comes, the sooner we start theory crafting, and testing. Then we will figure out who to work on. Knowing or not knowing a few details in advance is totally irrelevant to that. There are plenty of things the devs do to coax money out of us. And I don't begrudge them that. But you trying to make this a nefarious plot to take our money is silly.

The longer they wait to pass on info means the more money people will spend in the short term. This isn't me making this a nefarious plot; this is me expecting the company to act a certain way based on their track record. I think it's silly that you keep defending them here
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If they're not trying to induce panic farming, then why is no one allowed to say anything?

Very few players have rosters that will be ready to complete this thing right away. There's gonna be people that will spend loads of money trying to get there
    Do you have to be one of those people? No.
    The "gamechangers" are not allowed to say anything because CG/EA want to control what comes out, how & when. Simples.

You missed the point I made completely, well done.
    This is a RAID. There are NO specific requirements for entry, other than having 5 toons, or 5 7* toons for Heroic.
    How do you not understand this?

Very few players will require rosters for them to be able to complete this new Raid. It's a collective Guild effort, not an individual effort.
    Are you sure you've played this game before?
  • Options
    It is truly a mixture of all things. Have we ever had to panic farm for a raid? No.
    Did we get a crap ton of info and then nada. Yes.
    Devs can’t share information because “things”

Do we generally get over zealous over hyped over troll over theory craft. Yep.
    It’s an eco-system here and everyone plays their part in it.
    I can’t blame people for being nervous. Things change with out a word. Platoons. Price for shards. Characters in stores and then magically not.
    There are for sure decisions out of the devs hands. But we don’t forget about them. Anyone that has been paying attention for the last year is fully experienced in the highs and lows of this game.
    More info is coming. Most likely this week. A whole slew of info and vids from the game changers.

I’m on the east coast so I figure it’s 1 more sleep and we ll know a lot more.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Maybe you should learn reading comprehension. We were told that we would get info, but we haven't. Exactly how much information is needed after the raid drops, anyway? Further, how virtuous I may or may not be has nothing to do with wanting clear communication from the devs.

Personally, I really don't care two shakes about whatever new hotness is in the works. I just want them to do what they say they're going to do and quit jerking the collective chains of the player base every chance they get.
    Ha ha ha, It's quite clear to all who has comprehension issues.
    I quite clearly wrote that they have time BEFORE the Raid & QoL comes to release any subsequent information.
    You have had clear communication. The Raid and the QoL update are coming on the 28th of February.
    What is not clear about that?

How do you substantiate your ridiculous claim of them jerking people's chains, if they're not providing any information?
    Providing false information would be something that could be considered pulling people's chains, but having an information black-out is not.
  • Options
    If people choose to do this, then they are entirely and solely accountable for their own actions.
  • Options

Ha ha ha, It's quite clear to all who has comprehension issues.
    You have had clear communication. The Raid and the QoL update are coming on the 28th of February.
    What is not clear about that?

How do you substantiate your ridiculous claim of them jerking people's chains, if they're not providing any information?
    Providing false information would be something that could be considered pulling people's chains, but having an information black-out is not.

We were told that we would get more info. Have you seen any more info? I haven't. So I can see why people are frustrated.

Again, I don't care one little bit about the new raid. I just want clear communication. What's so hard about doing what you said you would do?
  • Options

Do you have to be one of those people? No.
    The "gamechangers" are not allowed to say anything because CG/EA want to control what comes out, how & when. Simples.

You missed the point I made completely, well done.
    This is a RAID. There are NO specific requirements for entry, other than having 5 toons, or 5 7* toons for Heroic.
    How do you not understand this?

Very few players will require rosters for them to be able to complete this new Raid. It's a collective Guild effort, not an individual effort.
    Are you sure you've played this game before?

It's nice that you edited your post to become really a condescending d-bag. Have defending their shady business practices, but Im moving on before this convo gets even more toxic.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    We were told that we would get more info. Have you seen any more info? I haven't. So I can see why people are frustrated.

Again, I don't care one little bit about the new raid. I just want clear communication. What's so hard about doing what you said you would do?
    An we're back to patience again.
    Duh.
    There are still 3 days until the update comes.
    There is still time for them to communicate & fulfil their stated obligation prior to that.

If it reaches past that point and they haven't done it, then you have a valid complaint.
    Until then, you're just whining unnecessarily. Stop it.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It's nice that you edited your post to become really a condescending d-bag. Have defending their shady business practices, but Im moving on before this convo gets even more toxic.
    It's a bit difficult to point out where someone is so clearly and obviously wrong, without seeming condescending.
    Have fun playing the victim.
  • Options
    @Tuftedpaper85 it's better to just use the forum's new ignore function for that guy.
  • Options

An we're back to patience again.
    Duh.
    There are still 3 days until the update comes.
    There is still time for them to communicate & fulfil their stated obligation prior to that.

If it reaches past that point and they haven't done it, then you have a valid complaint.
    Until then, you're just whining unnecessarily. Stop it.

I guess we're back to reading comprehension again. I'm not whining. I'm simply stating that I understand why people are frustrated.
  • Options
    I guess we're back to reading comprehension again. I'm not whining. I'm simply stating that I understand why people are frustrated.
    "I just want clear communication. What's so hard about doing what you said you would do?"
    No, not whining at all, are you? I want, I want, I want, wah wah wah.
  • Options
    "I just want clear communication. What's so hard about doing what you said you would do?"
    No, not whining at all, are you? I want, I want, I want, wah wah wah.

Stating my expectations isn't whining.
  • Options
    It's a bit difficult to point out where someone is so clearly and obviously wrong, without seeming condescending.
    Have fun playing the victim.

I saw you make a post and when I didn't respond to it within five minutes, you edited it to add in a whole bunch of condescending garbage. That's not me playing the victim, that's me pointing out when you're being a ****
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I saw you make a post and when I didn't respond to it within five minutes, you edited it to add in a whole bunch of condescending garbage. That's not me playing the victim, that's me pointing out when you're being a ****
    The edit had absolutely nothing to do with the length of time for your reply. It was simply because I wanted to add more.
    That's precisely why you're playing the victim, right there.
    Same as you have been doing throughout the last couple of pages. Incorrectly crying about the devs inducing panic farming for something that doesn't require any.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Stating my expectations isn't whining.
    It is if the clearly communicated timescale has not been breached, as you do not have a valid complaint. It's a bit like going to a venue that opens at 15:00, arriving at 14:00 and complaining that it's not open.
    Again: If it reaches past that point and they haven't done it, then & only then do you have a valid complaint.

Also, you didn't state that you understood why other people were frustrated, you said that you were frustrated.
    That is why I suggested applying patience.
    That "reading comprehension" would be well applied to your own posts.
This discussion has been closed.