Sith Raid Preview

Replies

• Options
    I love all the people getting their undergarments in braids about the devs missing a deadline that hasn't come yet, or the lack of info from the game changers who literally just got to EA headquarters (or wherever they are) this morning.

I was expecting maybe by this evening (west coast time) they will have seen some of what they came to see, set up their equipment, filmed some interviews, and will maybe start to put up some content. Maybe. That's at the absolute earliest if it even happens today.

But no. Everyone freaking out or being snarky is probably right. We didn't get a 4 am announcement about something a week a way, so it's never coming. It's a total catastrophe, and we should all grab the torches, and pitchforks. OR... maybe be patient for a bit.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I love all the people getting their undergarments in braids about the devs missing a deadline that hasn't come yet, or the lack of info from the game changers who literally just got to EA headquarters (or wherever they are) this morning.

I was expecting maybe by this evening (west coast time) they will have seen some of what they came to see, set up their equipment, filmed some interviews, and will maybe start to put up some content. Maybe. That's at the absolute earliest if it even happens today.

But no. Everyone freaking out or being snarky is probably right. We didn't get a 4 am announcement about something a week a way, so it's never coming. It's a total catastrophe, and we should all grab the torches, and pitchforks. OR... maybe be patient for a bit.

Finally, someone who thinks logically.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    Appreciate the excitement and speculation. folks. Details and answers will come soon!

Soon soon? Or August soon?
  • Options
    Appreciate the excitement and speculation. folks. Details and answers will come soon!

Soon soon? Or August soon?

I'm guessing some info will be given out the week of the 26th.
  • Options

I see where you're coming from but I think alot of people are just underwhelmed with the "February is the month of the sith and going to be huge for content". And we got EP and vader rework, and underwhelming new sith character and the relative overall quietness around here
  • Options

I see where you're coming from but I think alot of people are just underwhelmed with the "February is the month of the sith and going to be huge for content". And we got EP and vader rework, and underwhelming new sith character and the relative overall quietness around here

Maybe it's quiet because they are going to make the big announcements and reveals by means of the YouTubers who actually physically travelled to their offices to spend three days there looking at the new content? Why would they have people come there in person if they didn't have big stuff to reveal? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Shouldn't this and all similar threads really be moved to a new Player and Guild Event sub-forum? And when the content information is released, it should probably be released to there also...
  • Options

Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options

Every time Kozi says "soon", I put a quarter in my Darth Vader gumball machine. I have....so many gumballs. I love it!
  • Options
    Keep in mind, the Game Changers have an embargo so they can't speak about what they see until they're allowed to.
  • Options

Relative overall quietness ? They invited the game changers to their studios February 21-23 did you honestly think CG would give alot of info before their visit . If they did that why fly the game changers out to California. If by the 26 the then I'd worry but we should have something by Friday so just relax
  • Options
    I'm just hoping, really really hoping, the next batch offsets the QoL because it's not exciting in the least.

Wasn't expecting anything until the end of the month anyways.

Maybe the QoL is supposed to be the ugly friend that someone hangs out with to look better.
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    I'm just hoping, really really hoping, the next batch offsets the QoL because it's not exciting in the least.

Wasn't expecting anything until the end of the month anyways.

Maybe the QoL is supposed to be the ugly friend that someone hangs out with to look better.

I'm super happy about simming GW, and I know several people who accidentally burned Zetas that are ecstatic about a confirmation screen, and any guild like mine that has had multiple ties in GW are excited for the improvements to one of the most popular game modes currently.

As for non-QOL stuff, EP/Vader teams are currently 23% of first place teams in the meta. They shot up to second place (still climbing), and created the most diverse I've seen since the game launched.

And that's the preview. The rest of the stuff that they told us was coming is so significant that it required an in person visit from the Game Changer crew. So anyone crying about this month before even seeing what comes out this week is just being obnoxious.
  • Options
    'Soon' should be banned from the forums
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair, IIRC what kicked off the whole "soon" thing (ignoring the hardware ability message in-game) was Kozi's use in reference to CLS coming back, which did happen not too terribly long after she said it would.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

That would be a good QOL inclusion . I don't get to push back deadlines at my job, much less without communication. Ship hardware coming soon. Don't announce new content until it is ready, and give date when announcing. Don't announce bugs fixes (other than to say we are working on it, and update the progress) until they are ready and you have a date. I can't imagine telling my customers "I'll have this ready soon", or "we will be doing this soon" without giving a date, or an estimate.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

That would be a good QOL inclusion . I don't get to push back deadlines at my job, much less without communication. Ship hardware coming soon. Don't announce new content until it is ready, and give date when announcing. Don't announce bugs fixes (other than to say we are working on it, and update the progress) until they are ready and you have a date. I can't imagine telling my customers "I'll have this ready soon", or "we will be doing this soon" without giving a date, or an estimate.

Do your customers have a free-to-whatever option? ;)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I'll get back to you soon
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I'll get back to you soon

Don't take too long because I paid nothing for this conversation and I demand answers.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Did you just drop a "soon?"

:D

That would be April then.

• Merovingen
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

CG_Kozisoon
  • Options
    At my job, we need to submit proposals and gain approvals before anything is set in stone. These proposals and approvals could take minutes or days to get turned around before orders are created.

We all live in different worlds, so you cant compare your job to theirs...
  • rus_swgoh
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CG_KoziSoon ;)
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    At my job, we need to submit proposals and gain approvals before anything is set in stone. These proposals and approvals could take minutes or days to get turned around before orders are created.

We all live in different worlds, so you cant compare your job to theirs...

Proposals generally have dates.
    Didn't say announce when they have a proposed idea, I said don't announce things until there is a date. Then if there is a delay announce the eta and why it is delayed; since I work in the software development industry, including customer acquisitions and project management, I think it is in fact fair to compare.
  • Options
    Everyone is anxious because we have heard nothing about anything and the month is coming to a close. When the AAT was prepping for release we had general details released over about three months to prep us for what was coming. Granted, a lot of that info proved all but worthless, but at least it was something. This new raid was announced a week or two ago with an expected release a week from now and we’ve got nothing but hope it actually comes as told on the 28th.

Also, the marauder marquee was phase 1. Where is phase 2? We were told this was going to be comparable to last February’s sith, but most updates are teased on Wednesday and released Thursday... Wednesday is coming to a close. And tomorrow is the last Thursday in February.

Add to all that the fact that devs have been scary quiet the last couple weeks makes us think something has been delayed.
  • Options
    they have been active today, so I'm sure something will be posted tonight. keep in mind they are in CA.
  • Options
    @Anubis
    What you said, coupled with the January lull, and the EA rumors. I don't know what to think.
  • Options
    Game changers are there right now, so probably Friday or Monday.
  • Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    they have been active today, so I'm sure something will be posted tonight. keep in mind they are in CA.

Cali Timezone? Workday is almost over isn't it? Or medical Mary Jane forgetfulness ? Or surfer work schedule?
This discussion has been closed.