Add Purple Ability Mat Packs / Shop

Let's face it, purple ability mats are arguably the hardest resource to obtain in the game. If i'm lucky, I will get 7-8 purple mats after completing all three battles of the ability mat challenge. That's barely enough to upgrade one ability on a leveled toon. Granted i'm only level 68 and the drop rate is less but the level 70 challenge doesn't have a noticeable increase. Three a day is the max i've seen from GW, and the cantina mission drop rate is horrendous (i'm lucky to get 1 per refresh). At the very most we can get 35-40 a week which can all be spent on one toon, which is absurd.

Adding a purple ability mat pack or shop that we can use crystals and/or real currency to buy them would help so much. It would make it a lot less of a grind for purple ability mats, especially for f2p players. I've spent a fair amount on the game and I still struggle to even maintain my main 5 toons as far as abilities, which prevents me to moving on to other toons to test them out.

What are your guys' thoughts on this? Would it be a good addition? Or are you satisfied with the current rate of purple ability mats?
ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/

Replies

• Options
    Yes!
  • Options
    Panna wrote: »
    At the very most we can get 35-40 a week

At 70 you can get:
    3 a day from GW (21 a week)
    4-5 per challenge 9 times a week (36-45 a week)
    Plus cantina

So you are looking at a minimum of 58 if you got 4 per challenge and none from cantina. 70-80 is probably average, with a chance at more with cantina refreshes.
    Adding a purple ability mat pack or shop that we can use crystals and/or real currency to buy them would help so much. It would make it a lot less of a grind for purple ability mats, especially for f2p players

I highly doubt many f2p would buy packs for money or crystals. It would mainly be for the big spenders.
    What are your guys' thoughts on this? Would it be a good addition? Or are you satisfied with the current rate of purple ability mats?

I think we currently get enough. Adding a purchasable pack is just gonna give the spenders another advantage. They already get more abilities mats through cantina.

But since it will make EA money, I am sure it will eventually happen
  • Options
    I've just posted in another thread but how about an upgrade
    E. G.

10 green convert to 1 blue
    10 blue convert to 1 purple.

Could just make it a function in the shard shop and done.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I've just posted in another thread but how about an upgrade
    E. G.

10 green convert to 1 blue
    10 blue convert to 1 purple.

Could just make it a function in the shard shop and done.

I'm all for any increase of purple mats honestly, great idea though.

ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Options
    I have got 50 toons at 7* with 40 of those at lvl70 or a ove and still struggle to complete GW. Very frustrating at the lack of ability material. Almost never able to gain anything unless it is challenge day or omega events. I think something needs to be done that is fair for all levels of players.