Geared up low lvl player...

Hi guys

I wanted to ask you how is it possible some players even at lvl 50 in my quite fresh shard where in arena max player has lvl 62 have some maxed out toons with full gold mods?
I'm kind new to game but from what I know game mechanics so far it shouldn't be possible even for not f2p player. Can someone elaborate on that?

Thanks for clearing out.

Replies

• Options
    Money. A better guild. A better starting strategy all could explain it.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    EDIT - deleted. I have brought shame upon my family.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I say it's all about PTW (pay to win). Some people are willing to drop big money to play.
  • Options
    Hi guys

I wanted to ask you how is it possible some players even at lvl 50 in my quite fresh shard where in arena max player has lvl 62 have some maxed out toons with full gold mods?
    I'm kind new to game but from what I know game mechanics so far it shouldn't be possible even for not f2p player. Can someone elaborate on that?

Thanks for clearing out.

Please define "maxed out." You mean this player is L62 with L62 characters and L6 abilities, gear level 7?

They bought a lot of refreshes.
  • Options
    Yeah ok, but how can you obtain gold mods right after you unlock mods at all with lvl 50? Just don't get it. It looks technically impossible to me but seems I miss something.

I know there are so called whales...
  • Options
    IDK - I don't think you can put that level gear on a toon unless it's 7* and also level 85 - since a toon can't be leveled past your player level it's not possible - take a screen shot of the level 62 g12 toons and post it here.
    OP is talking about gold mods, not gear. Which really is not hard to get at lvl 62, as all mods upgraded to 12+ become gold.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    IDK - I don't think you can put that level gear on a toon unless it's 7* and also level 85 - since a toon can't be leveled past your player level it's not possible - take a screen shot of the level 62 g12 toons and post it here.
    OP is talking about gold mods, not gear. Which really is not hard to get at lvl 62, as all mods upgraded to 12+ become gold.

LOL, Can't read! I am shamed. Ring the bell...
    giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Yeah ok, but how can you obtain gold mods right after you unlock mods at all with lvl 50? Just don't get it. It looks technically impossible to me but seems I miss something.

I know there are so called whales...

When you level up a mod it changes color. A mod that is white to start is gold at level 15
  • Options
    Person probably also hoarded for several months before jumping into am arena shard
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Every shard has at least one guy like that. Look at this guy in my shard that started the last week of November/first week of December: https://swgoh.gg/u/r3m/collection/

He has 123 level 85, gear 12 characters. No one else in my shard is even 85 yet or has a single character at gear 12 and he has 123 of them.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Every shard has at least one guy like that. Look at this guy in my shard that started the last week of November/first week of December: https://swgoh.gg/u/r3m/collection/

He has 123 level 85, gear 12 characters. No one else in my shard is even 85 yet or has a single character at gear 12 and he has 123 of them.

And that's an ex. of a guy who literally spent THOUSANDS on a mobile game.
  • Options
    I’m not knocking the guy. If you have that kind of money to spare, whom am I to say how to spend it. I don’t get mad at the guy who can afford a Ferrari so why should I be mad about a guy that spends his money on a game? I’m just saying there seems to be at least one like that in every shard and my guy is much worse than your guy lol. I also wouldn’t say thousands. I would say tens of thousands.
  • Options
    Yeah that’s tens of thousands. A couple grand won’t get an account like that just 3-4 months out.

Sucks for everyone else in his shard hahahhaha
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m not knocking the guy. If you have that kind of money to spare, whom am I to say how to spend it. I don’t get mad at the guy who can afford a Ferrari so why should I be mad about a guy that spends his money on a game? I’m just saying there seems to be at least one like that in every shard and my guy is much worse than your guy lol. I also wouldn’t say thousands. I would say tens of thousands.

Whales are necessary for a f2p game. I salute all the whales out there for doing it so I don't have to.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yeah that’s tens of thousands. A couple grand won’t get an account like that just 3-4 months out.

Sucks for everyone else in his shard hahahhaha

Nah more than that. I'm 3M GP and I estimate to get to 3.5M I would need 50K

To get that roster in 2 months I'm estimating at a minimum 100K
  • Options
    I would bet it's a newly created test account.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I would bet it's a newly created test account.

Test accounts are on a separate server.
  • Options
    This sounds like a textbook example of the adaptive start:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143909/adaptive-f2p-guide-2-0
    He didn't even have to buy much, maybe spent 50 bucks on the game. To clarify the guide a bit for you, he made an account, hoarded free energy for a few weeks, when he hit 28 arena unlocked and he spent everything he had on refreshes + that free energy = he has a dozen levels advantage over a player that "just played" the game.
    I consider this guide a blasphemy of games and what they represent. Literally starving yourself for a month to "play" the game. Wouldn't even call it playing anymore. I reached top 50 of my arena shard without doing this, it is completely possible with a good strategy.
    Every mod after level 12 is gold as someone said. Any other clarification you need?
  • Options
    All that money and they still only hit #10 in arena...
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143909/adaptive-f2p-guide-2-0
    He didn't even have to buy much, maybe spent 50 bucks on the game. To clarify the guide a bit for you, he made an account, hoarded free energy for a few weeks, when he hit 28 arena unlocked and he spent everything he had on refreshes + that free energy = he has a dozen levels advantage over a player that "just played" the game.
    I consider this guide a blasphemy of games and what they represent. Literally starving yourself for a month to "play" the game. Wouldn't even call it playing anymore. I reached top 50 of my arena shard without doing this, it is completely possible with a good strategy.
    Every mod after level 12 is gold as someone said. Any other clarification you need?

Think a month is bad? On this discord server a guy hoarded long enough to have a 7* rex, barris from guild store, a 6 * raid Han and unlocked GK.
  • Options

Think a month is bad? On this discord server a guy hoarded long enough to have a 7* rex, barris from guild store, a 6 * raid Han and unlocked GK.

I will not shun anyone's actions, if that person saw it as a good pass time and had fun doing it, by all means go right ahead friend. What I disapprove of is the hole in the system that allows for this. But it is not something significant enough to raise a big fuss over. I congratulate that person for his show of character to hoard that many resources, I wonder what hero did he level to 7* to participate lol
  • Options

I will not shun anyone's actions, if that person saw it as a good pass time and had fun doing it, by all means go right ahead friend. What I disapprove of is the hole in the system that allows for this. But it is not something significant enough to raise a big fuss over. I congratulate that person for his show of character to hoard that many resources, I wonder what hero did he level to 7* to participate lol

Lol all I'm saying is I hope he had a main account to play on
  • Options

and if he did not? :smile:
  • Options

I commend his patience and ability to wait that long lol
  • Options

$$$$$$$

or

£££££££

• Options

I commend his patience and ability to wait that long lol

+1 to that friend, although I think you need a drop of insanity in that mix to pull off a grind that long. Not even Thunderfury, blessed blade of the windseeker is that level of grindness