Scoudrel team for credit heist advice

Rufjanski
75 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hi all, I have only 3 scoundrels active ATM, and as one credit heist passed by my nose I don't want to miss out again. I need 2 more, but I'm pretty much at 0 or few shards with any other scoundrels.

So far I have Boba, CW Chewbacca and ST Han, I was thinking of Cad Bane and IG-88, as they are FTP and 50 shards only, what would unlock them at 3*(?) Seen many examples with Landon, but he is 80 shard farm, and only from cantina, so will take much longer... Is the 2 ok just for heist or is Lando really really necessary ?

Thanks

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Lando is great and usefull in LS TB and GW as well and also in a few events. Those 80 shards won't take that long since you can farm them from an 8 cantina energy node (20 battles a day with no refreshes).
    IG—88 and Cad Bane are also bountyhunters, which are required in some DS TB missions. However, I assume that you are still playing mud—game and hence not focusing on those missions yet (I might be just imagining things, however).
  • Options
    I use a low budget Scoundrel team for the Tier IV heists with:
    -Boba Fett - 7 stars, Needs very high gear level and top quality mods, but he will carry the team.
    - St Han - Get him very good mods and 6 stars.
    - Clone Wars Chewbacca - He is 5 stars, gear 6, doesn't do much. Bad mods in him.
    - Dengar - He does his job at 3 stars and gear 6. His mods are slightly better than Chewbacca's. I chose Dengar because it was very fast and easy to unlock via guild store, and I like some of the stuff he does. I decided to tier him to 4 stars but it isn't a must. Gear, mods and levels are more important to beat the credit heist, and they should go to Sthan and Boba.

Then the next tier will require a fifth scoundrel and I got Cad Bane (he is bad, just a filler I got him because GW tokens were more avaiable to me). Objectively, IG-88 is much better, and many would say Zam Wesell is too. You will decide if your 5th scoundrel is just a filler or if you want to chase Lando. Lando is one of the best scoundrels, but not absolutely necessary if you want to do the heists and are a beginner with limited resources.

ImperialCommanderShepard in SWGoH (Ally Code 297-277-437)

lOGRLCl CommanderShepard in HoDA

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• Options
    Yeah, I'm lvl 70 only, and didn't much know the game until now, that I'm learning and reading a lot, so resource-saving strategy would be appealing. IG-88 seems ok looking at the reviews and squads.. I never thought of dengar, is he useful anywhere else?
  • Options
    Rufjanski wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm lvl 70 only, and didn't much know the game until now, that I'm learning and reading a lot, so resource-saving strategy would be appealing. IG-88 seems ok looking at the reviews and squads.. I never thought of dengar, is he useful anywhere else?

Dengar is also useful for the Rancor as he can apply tenacity down before you're able to farm the other toons that unlock towards the late-game that are also able to apply tenacity down.

He too is a bounty hunter and will help out with some Combat Missions in DS TB.
  • Options
    Most go for the core of Boba, Lando and STHan.

The other two don't really matter. It's a relatively simple event.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Dengar is also useful for the Rancor as he can apply tenacity down before you're able to farm the other toons that unlock towards the late-game that are also able to apply tenacity down.

He too is a bounty hunter and will help out with some Combat Missions in DS TB.

Tie Fighter Pilot should already be available to the OP and is a much faster farm (cabtina node and various shops). The thing with Dengar is, that he applies both tenacity down and speed down — not just tenacity down.
  • Options
    Lando is super good because he’s also a rebel so you can use him in other teams as well and for Palpatine event if needed. He may be 80 shards but that means he unlocks at 4 stars.
  • LaksonVell
    421 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am using Boba, STHan, Chewie, Greedo and enforcer. Cheapest team you can get I think. Boba does 90% of the event. STHan and chewie are about the same in terms of gear and they just soak some dmg off Boba. I use Boba lead so when Greedo does an AoE thermal detonator you can be sure it's gonna pay off in TM even if greedo is still freshly unlocked.
    edit: I forgot to mention I am lvl 72 and still on tier 3 of the event.
  • Imperial_CdrShepard7
    55 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Are you looking for a guild with more participation or are you happy with your current one? Send me a PM if you'd like a guild "upgrade" :)

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• Rufjanski
    75 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Are you looking for a guild with more participation or are you happy with your current one? Send me a PM if you'd like a guild "upgrade" :)

What you mean by more participation? :smiley: haha how to pm you?
  • Options
    I will
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    I am using Boba, STHan, Chewie, Greedo and enforcer. Cheapest team you can get I think. Boba does 90% of the event. STHan and chewie are about the same in terms of gear and they just soak some dmg off Boba. I use Boba lead so when Greedo does an AoE thermal detonator you can be sure it's gonna pay off in TM even if greedo is still freshly unlocked.
    edit: I forgot to mention I am lvl 72 and still on tier 3 of the event.

I I'll have almost same setup, just instead of greedo I will have Cad Bane, as he is easiest farm for me. I love Boba, I have him in my arena team, boy is great with ability block and multiple attack, and self revive. His special is great against night sisters, but I need to give him more protection, cause shoretrooper is not enough to keep him alive for too long at the moment..
  • Options
    Hi, Rufjanski! I just read your question, you can PM me by clicking on my forum profile. If you're happy with your current guild, it's fine. If you were looking for a guild roughly getting 20K raid tickets per day or something like that, I was offering an invite. In any case, I hope you are successful with the credit heists based on the good feedback you received for cheap scoundrel teams :)

• Options
    If you can get Lando soon get him he is very good for credit heist way better than Bane. However Bane is an easier farm so get him if yoy haven't started with Lando yet
  • Options
    Got both now, core is Lando, BF, STH,
    Cad Bane and CWC'bacca filling the slots :smiley:
  • Options
    Got both now, core is Lando, BF, STH,
    Cad Bane and CWC'bacca filling the slots :smiley:

That's all you need to do the highest level mate.
  • Options
    Starting now is rough - but 88 remains a great choice for being a scoundrel/BH/Droid - he was early on one of the most no question farm for a lot of people and, to some extent, remains so. A reworked GG is all that is likely standing between a Droid return to usefulness if no Meta.

That's it, if you're doing top tier Heist, congrats, but 88 remains a decent investment.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    With DSTB now, you should be farming scoundrels that double as bounty hunters as well. So weird to say but Lando (he was my first max toon and never gets used anymore) is a waste now best to go Fett, 88, and then any 3 of Greedo, Zam, Dengar and Cad. I would lean to Greedo, Cad and Zam.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    But Dengar is the only one that doesn't die when a Rebel sneezes. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    With DSTB now, you should be farming scoundrels that double as bounty hunters as well. So weird to say but Lando (he was my first max toon and never gets used anymore) is a waste now best to go Fett, 88, and then any 3 of Greedo, Zam, Dengar and Cad. I would lean to Greedo, Cad and Zam.

Since the posts have strayed from credit heists, Lando may be a requirement for a much anticipated future character in the game. Get him now, or later. But I'd say get him.

But he is useful other places as well.
  • Options
    FolsomTony wrote: »

Since the posts have strayed from credit heists, Lando may be a requirement for a much anticipated future character in the game. Get him now, or later. But I'd say get him.

I guess so he has been maxed and collecting dust for a long time now. He is so fragile I avoid using him in LSTB past P3 would be better to recommend toons that can help him and his guild imo
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    IG-88 is an excellent addition, but since he can only be farmed from Squad Arena, he might be a low priority to a new player just trying to build a useful team for credit heists. You'll probably want to get all of STHan, Leia, at least one of the capital ship pilot (Tarkin/Akbar/Mace), Kanan, and probably Asajj Ventress from the store before you start on IG-88.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Also, aside from boba and st han, you only want to level and gear these guys the bare minimum. Eventually you’ll gear them up for tbs but when you’re just starting you only want to put what you absolutely need to into them unless they are doubling for something else like boba and his ship. Now that you can sim credit hesists, you can always switch over your arena mods once so that you can three star the event and then never have to worry about it again until much later in the game when you want bounty hunters for tbs.
  • Options
    FolsomTony wrote: »

I guess so he has been maxed and collecting dust for a long time now. He is so fragile I avoid using him in LSTB past P3 would be better to recommend toons that can help him and his guild imo

i still use the guy in P6 of LSTB, and net 6/6 all across the board.
    one of the guys mentioned lando boba sth +2, i believe thats the best start for a beginner