[UPDATE] Client Runs Smoother

Prev1
FieldL
96 posts Member
edited February 2018
Though many people are having crashing issue (as it always has been), my client runs significantly faster. The battles are more enjoyable. Not sure why this is happening, but just want to appreciate the work devs have done.
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• Options
    I second this motion
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Are you on a newer device?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    that's just because so many players can't login, there's alot less traffic on the servers =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    As of right now, my experience is the opposite. Since this last update, my game consistently crashes. Had zero problems before this update. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.
  • Options
    are all these updates on IOS? My client did not even ask for the update yet on android
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    are all these updates on IOS? My client did not even ask for the update yet on android

The update is live on 28 February and will be pushed then, at present it's available in the app store on iOS and Google play store on 28 February but not all features of the update are live. Doing it this way spreads the demand on the server.
  • Options
    There is an update for Android as well
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    that's just because so many players can't login, there's alot less traffic on the servers =D

I don’t think this is a server issue. I have a 3.5 year old iPhone 6. The animation was simply slow and laggy. eg. every time entering fleet battle I had to wait 5 second for a frozen screen, now it’s less than one second.
  • Options
    FieldL wrote: »

I don’t think this is a server issue. I have a 3.5 year old iPhone 6. The animation was simply slow and laggy. eg. every time entering fleet battle I had to wait 5 second for a frozen screen, now it’s less than one second.

This is 100% server related, you wait those 5 seconds because the server is parsing data.
  • Options
    I agree it feels much smoother for me
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options

It’s also the phone. I had a 6+ iPhone and had the same issues until I smashed my phone and got an 8+. Wow the difference. So I can say for me it was the year of the phone and not the server.
    Plus my 6 went to shìt after the last few updates.
  • Options
    After full force update, everyone move to same client. I think the client will behave back to usual.
  • Options
    Though many people are having crashing issue (as it always has been), my client runs significantly faster. The battles are more enjoyable. Not sure why this is happening, but just want to appreciate the work devs have done.

I completely disagree.
  • Options

This is 100% server related, you wait those 5 seconds because the server is parsing data.

I am referring to the animation after loading into the battle. ofc loading time is still determined by the server and my WiFi speed. Once the game is loaded, i can basically turn on Airplane mode and play until the battle is over. Sorry for not stating that clearly.
  • Options

And I would guess that you never have experience how laggy the animation can be. eg. your arena starts countdown from 4:50, not 5:00
  • Options

+1
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I just did the update from iTunes Store and can’t open app. Anyone else seeing this?

Found answer....forgot about tech help at bottom of Forum...
  • Options
    Just clear cache if you're a Android user. I'd click on the app and it would go back to my home screen after doing that it works.
  • Options
    Just clear cache if you're a Android user. I'd click on the app and it would go back to my home screen after doing that it works.

That did not work for me. I had to uninstall/reinstall.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My iPhone 7 running iOS 11 used to crash all the time on foreground. It hasn't done that again (holding thumbs) but I'm not sure if this is the new client or the latest iOS 11 update that just came out.
  • Options
    Smooth until you do a ships battle...

Seriously, the slight pausing after attacks is really annoying.
    -Mister Moo-
  • Options
    Tilar wrote: »
    Smooth until you do a ships battle...

Seriously, the slight pausing after attacks is really annoying.

That’s exactly what I m talking about. Ship battles are way better now. I used to have big pausing (more than 3 seconds) but now only slightly. And I think that’s due to hardware issue.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well, opposite here.... game keeps crashing... I forgot to mention: while loading... I do not get passed loading screen...
    Latest iOS here on an iPad Air
    Never ever had I ever crashes before O_o
    Post edited by Cossin on
  • Options
    Yes I noticed its faster now
    Do or do not...
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not celebrating yet, as last time we experienced this, was the version update right before TB, it ran like a dream, but when the rest of the update was implemented it was way worse than it was before the person update, I'm crossing my finger, that it doesn't happen again though
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

That’s exactly what I m talking about. Ship battles are way better now. I used to have big pausing (more than 3 seconds) but now only slightly. And I think that’s due to hardware issue.

It's A LOT worse for me. I'm not the only who's noticed how laggy ships is starting to be. It's like they moved the bronzium opening lag to every ship attack.
    -Mister Moo-
  • Options
    Note 2012 tablet here, it does seem like it runs a lot smoother vs as of late. I mean, my tablet is near 6 years old, I've had it for 3.5 years myself.
  • Options
    Ships are terrible. The lag and pause just ruins it
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Options
    Well, I disagree . Ships making small pause before attack now. I wouldn’t call it smooth or polished...
  • Options