Limited time mods

13Next

Replies

• Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This is the first time I've seen this promo. It's kinda cool, even though I haven't bought one yet.

Is this, or can this, be a new tradition? MARCH MOD-NESS.

As far as I know we have 2 traditions:
    -May the 4th Promo
    -February = Sith Month

Good idea? Bad idea?

They also do a big release in August, as a counter to the oldest running joke on the forums.

I dig the March Modness namesake btw
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I said this before, I'll say it again. Releasing 6&7 dot mods make no sense. There's little to no revenue to be made, F2P and P2P players alike won't like it, and the backlash would be great. So, why would they risk that? The results will be, in all probability, negative.
    If the devs will ever decide to shake up mods a bit, I believe they'll release new sets. Protection sets (maybe from droids), Health steal sets (Sith), maybe even some obscure stats like armor penetration and critical avoidance sets. That'll shake up the way we mod toons without upsetting the player base so much.
    Post edited by Goodgil on
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I said this before, I'll say it again. Releasing 6&7 dot mis mods make no sense. There's little to no revenue to be made, F2P and P2P players alike won't like it, and the backlash would be great. So, why would they risk that? The results will be, in all probability, negative.
    If the devs will ever decide to shake up mods a bit, I believe they'll release new sets. Protection sets (maybe from droids), Health steal sets (Sith), maybe even some obscure stats like armor penetration and critical avoidance sets. That'll shake up the way we mod toons without upsetting the player base so much.

A couple other game-changing mod set ideas:

Counter-attack sets
    Assist sets

• Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I said this before, I'll say it again. Releasing 6&7 dot mis mods make no sense. There's little to no revenue to be made, F2P and P2P players alike won't like it, and the backlash would be great. So, why would they risk that? The results will be, in all probability, negative.

Counter-attack sets
    Assist sets

Traya was just rele... Revealed. I doubt any big spender would invest in those mods when a lot of trayas-assist killer-aer going to flood their shard at the same time
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

Counter-attack sets
    Assist sets

Counter attack mods are technically possible, but I doubt it - that's not a boost to stats, that's a kit change. Assist sets? How's that even going to work?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    now we're complaining about getting good mods for a tiny 15 reset. I mean...

It's always been 15 crystals to refresh
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    Enabling credits for mod store brings about an imbalance to the force...
    We need...the chosen one!!