Best team for Poggle?

What are good teams to use Poggle in aside from droid teams? Almost got him 6* max gear working on 7*. But havent started on droids yet. What other teams does Poggle function in well?

Replies

• Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poggle geo in combination with a lot of other heroes works well. They get crit/TM buffs from each other and Poggles offense up is a killer with a lot of higher dps toons. Poggle geo kylo sid phasma would be a real pain once offense up hits and you unleash 3 AOEs.
  • Options
    I already got 7* sid, phasma and kylo. Poggle almosy 6* (thank god i got a 4* chrom pull on him) so then i'd just have to work up my 3* geo! Thanks for the idea. More ideas are welcome people. Keep em coming!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    AOE teams work well with Poggle too
  • Options
    Wouldn't sid use his AEO before poggle can use offense up when played by the AI?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Wouldn't sid use his AEO before poggle can use offense up when played by the AI?

If controlled by the AI yes. You can chhise to di a single attack first, or AOE without the buff and then AOE with everybody else buffed. @JohnnySteelAlpha used AOE tanky teams a lot, I thibk he experimented with Poggle too.
  • Options
    Would love to see some of his insights! Was wondering if sid replaced by vader would be good (but he can only be 4 or 5 stars so that kinda sucks) or maybe the new magma trooper. Anyway I hope @JohnnySteelAlpha can share some of his insights!
  • Options
    I'm having some success with a Counter team with Poggle.

Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Fives
    Dooku
    and Poggle

Poggle's offense up seems to give the team the punch they need. And it makes the counters hit harder as well.
  • Options
    Won't that team have problems with high dps teams?
  • Options
    I already got 7* sid, phasma and kylo. Poggle almosy 6* (thank god i got a 4* chrom pull on him) so then i'd just have to work up my 3* geo! Thanks for the idea. More ideas are welcome people. Keep em coming!

One version of the tanky AOE team I use vs. high dps teams is Poggle, Sid lead, Phasma, Kylo...and then 5th is Snowtrooper. A 5* Vader can work really well too....or if you have Anakin 6* or higher. With offense up and Sid lead Kylo will do more than 5k crit - he's a beast. A nice setup if you have RG would be Sid lead, RG, Phasma, Kylo, and RG. With RG you could wait till rd 2 for Sid to hit with the buff from Poggle. 3x offense up AOEs - Sid/Phasma/Kylo - will wipe a high DPS team pretty easily. You're safer having 4x AOEs though and Poggle. If you don't have Poggle, you need 4x AOEs to beat the DPS teams...and I have a 5x AOE team I'm working on as well. Vader was super awesome as the 5th AOE when DoTs killed - I'm working on finishing Yoda's gear right now and he will be a nice option. Sid / Yoda work fine since they are fast - so they will go before the high DPS toons (GS/Rey/FOTP). If they are killed after they hit - not a big loss. Kylo / Phasma are tanky though and they can take some damage even from GS / Rey type toons. Anakin is another top tier tanky / fast AOE toon.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poggle geo in combination with a lot of other heroes works well. They get crit/TM buffs from each other and Poggles offense up is a killer with a lot of higher dps toons. Poggle geo kylo sid phasma would be a real pain once offense up hits and you unleash 3 AOEs.

You pretty much just spelled out my arena team, but I have Poe instead of GS. Ideally I would have GS in there for the speed and 1 shots, but for now this works great. Once Poe taunts, it's all over from there assuming you have all toons still alive. Poe taunt lowers their turn meter, Phasma ups turn meter, Poggle's offense already applied, then it's Kylos turn to one shot anyone who is exposed with his non AOE special. Then Sid and Poe go again before their teams gets another attack and by the end of that next round maybe your Poe dies but they have one derp left.

@SubjectZero

I would use those 4 and just sub in someone fast in the meantime until GS is high enough. Should work wonders! I'm constantly in the top 10 on my share with all QGJ speed teams and I only have 2 toons at 7*
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

noobish question here, SubjectZero:

i am curious, was that 4-star Poggle pull from the low-end Chromium pack by any chance or one that took 350 (and more) shards to obtain?
    thanks...

*edit

my bad, i was asking about Bronzium when u clearly said Chromium.
    Post edited by dough on
  • Options
    dough wrote: »

i am curious, was that 4-star Poggle pull from the low-end Chromium pack by any chance or one that took 350 (and more) shards to obtain?
    thanks...

*edit

No my bad @dough ! Since I said chrom but meant bronzium hahaha. So YES! pulled him from the cheap cards!

Also thanks for the input everyone. Gonna start grinding some toons!
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

You pretty much just spelled out my arena team, but I have Poe instead of GS. Ideally I would have GS in there for the speed and 1 shots, but for now this works great. Once Poe taunts, it's all over from there assuming you have all toons still alive. Poe taunt lowers their turn meter, Phasma ups turn meter, Poggle's offense already applied, then it's Kylos turn to one shot anyone who is exposed with his non AOE special. Then Sid and Poe go again before their teams gets another attack and by the end of that next round maybe your Poe dies but they have one derp left.

@SubjectZero

I would use those 4 and just sub in someone fast in the meantime until GS is high enough. Should work wonders! I'm constantly in the top 10 on my share with all QGJ speed teams and I only have 2 toons at 7*

The team set-up looks cool, I have Sid, Kylo, Phasma but haven't unlock poggle. Would this AOE be good enough to compete with speed DPS team like QGJ(L)/Lumi/GS/Douku/Yoda
  • Options
    Kylo does an awful lot of damage when paired with Poggle.
  • Options
    dough wrote: »

thanks...

*edit

No my bad @dough ! Since I said chrom but meant bronzium hahaha. So YES! pulled him from the cheap cards!

Also thanks for the input everyone. Gonna start grinding some toons!

nice pull... I'm 3/80 towards getting him.. so should have him in, oh, say by the year 2026? (just unlocked Luminara so i still need some time to get her properly juiced up).. will have to settle for now for the occasional Poggle cameo via Support (sure like the way he meshes with my droids).
  • Options
    Well i 7* my lumi and phasma a while ago. So putting all effort in poggle now. He'll be 7 soon enough with like 15 shards a day.