Territory War Feedback

Prev134567
Argarath
197 posts Member
edited March 2018
UPDATE MONDAY: 3/5/2018
I'm still getting data. I'll try to provide insight tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!

RT

Previous:
Official, nothing will be done today, we will review on Monday, like normal.

Fight on heroes!

RT

And locking up anyone posting about the bug is poor form guys. 35 is supposed to be for 160M+ teams. Not to mention extremely mismatched guild GP for the battles. 21M for us and I have heard some even worst at 40M. This tw needs to be removed and everyone compensated instead of letting this charade continue
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• Options
    Has anybody else experienced a severe mismatch for Territory Wars? My Guild was just paired up against one with literally hundreds more Gear 11 toons than us, along with dozens more Gear 12 toons. We're not a weak Guild by any stretch(we've have HAAT on farm for months now), but the Guild we just got massacred by has all 7* Gear 12 General Kenobi, Thrawn, Raid Han, etc. There clearly needs to be some major adjustment to the matchup system for Territory Wars, otherwise it's just a time-consuming and aggravating addition to the game, which is sadly already causing many players to consider leaving a game that they've otherwise loved for 2 years now.
  • Options
    Maybe the other guild set their defence up well and put them all together?
  • Options
    I wish that were the case, but we compared our rosters using SWGOH.gg, it wasn't close at all. Even our best potential planning couldn't have gotten us a victory.
  • Options
    I’m in a 85m guild and we beat a 88m guild. They had more GK and Zarris than us. All about tactics
  • Options
    What's your guild's GP vs theirs?
  • Options
    dsteve wrote: »
    What's your guild's GP vs theirs?

This. You get matched up by GP. You talk about hundreds more G11 toons (doubtful), but what's the GP.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Ours was 28milgp against 37mil gp.
    They had way more squads in thier rosters and completely cleaned us up..we had only enough toons to clear half their areas.
    4600 v 10,000 in the end..match up was a joke
  • Options
    It should get easier. I thought I read that future GW will not only be matched by total galactic power but by your win/lose percentage.
  • Options
    Charming, evoluza, but you miss my point. And FeegiePanda, 3 million Galactic Power isn't a terrible margin to overcome. My post isn't meant to ask for sympathy, our tactics weren't lacking, and anyone foolish enough to post the equivalent of "Git Gud" doesn't understand this at all. I'm merely asking that the team at SWGOH reexamine their matching systems so that 3 million GP is an accurate spread in power between matches, and so that no Guild ends up getting wiped out despite best efforts. I also was curious if anyone else had experienced the same situation we had so that the devs might take notice.
  • Options
    We are 52mil and demolished a 70mil guild in the one just finished, it’s all about working as a group!
  • Options
    GP isn’t entirely accurate. As we all know you can inflate your GP by polishing up crap toons.
    This has been talked about ad naseum for TB.

I imagine guilds, close to moving up a threshold in GP tiers, will begin to require members to deflate their GP by removing mods from junk toons.

The match making may need to be refined at lower and mid tiers. However in the upper tiers, given full participation and no timeout/draw glitches (on individual battles), there is almost no way to avoid a tie.
  • Options
    Shellzbutt wrote: »
    They had way more squads in thier rosters and completely cleaned us up..we had only enough toons to clear half their areas.

Carbon copy of ours - 40mil vs 52mil - no amount of tactics and planning will get you over that hump.

I enjoyed the actual TW but the mismatch was a joke
  • Options
    Shellzbutt wrote: »

Carbon copy of ours - 40mil vs 52mil - no amount of tactics and planning will get you over that hump.

I enjoyed the actual TW but the mismatch was a joke
  • Options
    I wish that were the case, but we compared our rosters using SWGOH.gg, it wasn't close at all. Even our best potential planning couldn't have gotten us a victory.

It goes by the gp of players participating. Some could have sat out.
  • Options
    We are 81 million GP and they are 95 million GP, and unfortunately for us much of our GP is spread out amongst weak toons that we are simply trying to collect. We worked well as a unit, but their power difference and the fact that they worked well as a unit too meant that at no point did we have a chance to win.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Thank u for pointing that out. Say it again for those who don't understand
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    One thing that could be done is to look at the difference in GP between the match (since there will be some) and use that as a GP modifier for the next match.
    So say your participating players have a GP of 100M, and you get matched against a guild with 105M of participating players. On the next TW, your participating players have improved a bit and now have 102M. But you get a modifier of (-5M GP) because of the previous war's imbalance (100-105), so 97M (102-5) is used as the GP to match against. The other guild would have a +5M GP when matching (so 105+5 or 110M). So then you might get matched against a guild of 99M, while the other guild might get matched against a 109M guild. The real, unadjusted GP of this match is used to determine the next modifier, and so on. There could be some sanity checks so that this doesn't affect your matching GP by more than +/-10%.
    This prevents the situation where your guild gets unlucky and is constantly matched against a higher GP guild, and also the situation where your guild get a streak of matches against lower opponents.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    We are 81 million GP and they are 95 million GP, and unfortunately for us much of our GP is spread out amongst weak toons that we are simply trying to collect. We worked well as a unit, but their power difference and the fact that they worked well as a unit too meant that at no point did we have a chance to win.

I would be wary by just checking their swgoh.gg cause some players could have possibly sat out. But I think there’s an indicator of how many defensive squads you can set. Not sure though. I would be more watchful and see if it happens again.
    Small consolation but many guilds tied (if you haven’t seen the posts about it lol) and this was the first one, maybe the match up will improve for you this one coming up. Lemme know how it goes, gluck.
  • Options

+1

• Options
    @ProximaB1 @Shaolin_Fantastic_1 we had all 49 of our Guild members participating, and they had 47 members participating, so I'm not thoroughly certain what the merit of that statement is.
  • Options
    It explains the difference in GP between the guilds. But even with similar GP your rosters could look very different. For instance the other guild may have all their GP in the meta teams while you have your GP in weak teams like jawas or tuskens.
  • Options
    BeatsByRey wrote: »

The match making may need to be refined at lower and mid tiers. However in the upper tiers, given full participation and no timeout/draw glitches (on individual battles), there is almost no way to avoid a tie.

Yep trying to figure out how were supposed to win once you hit a certain gp this is going to happen every time, we completely filled d and cleared their base but they did also and we had it done without 13 participating in the attack
  • Options
    If there is a huge difference in GP between 2 guilds then I agree that this is mismatch. That being said, my 62m guild got matched against a 70m guild and we beat them.
    But if the GP of two guilds are close and one has much stronger teams, this means they were managing their GP more wisely and were not inflating it. I myself am somewhat guilty of inflating my GP for the TBs, now I will be more careful about it.
  • Options
    To this day we always got stronger opponent, up to 12 mil stronger. And somehow we managed to win, but this one is beyond our reach. Our GP is 26 mil, now we got a guild who is 44 mil GP??????
  • Options
    "RNG"

if u know what i mean..
  • Options
    I’m in a 85m guild and we beat a 88m guild. They had more GK and Zarris than us. All about tactics
    Just wait until you face a guild with over 20 mil GP more than you. We have twice.

Thank u for pointing that out. Say it again for those who don't understand

You do know you can calculate how many players participated right? Using available defenses per territory, as well as banner count.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    I wish there was more straightforwardness about the guild you are facing. ( GP, # of zetas, # of G12's , openly say how many opposing guild members are participating,etc) that way we could tell if we are beating outmatched , if there is a problem with the matchmaking system, or if it's our imagination that we are way outmatched sometimes.

Our worst outmatched TW so far was over 22GP, and they had over 8 zeta Kenobi/Zarris Teams , we have 3 I believe. They had 4 times as many JTR, and had way way more Zavages and Zylos (didn't count). We were on a 4 TW winning streak, so I don't know if that factors in the matchmaking Or not. Would be nice to know.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    WildMango wrote: »
    It explains the difference in GP between the guilds. But even with similar GP your rosters could look very different. For instance the other guild may have all their GP in the meta teams while you have your GP in weak teams like jawas or tuskens.

This.
    A PVP player who sit at 10ish in the arena and spent most of his time farming meta team/gears/mods, probably can handle a PVE player with same GP, who's ranked around 200 entire roster with just one team.
  • Options
    There has to be a way to factor in the money spent on this game. My guild has been “whaled” 4 TWs in a row. In this current TW, 1 player on the opposing guild has 5 META-worthy teams 90K+ with zetas and g12, not to mention the battles they won on offense. That’s $100s spent on this game. My guild is almost entirely f2p. Let the whales beat each other up. My guild shouldn’t be disadvantaged by an algorithm because we choose to spend our money somewhere else.
This discussion has been closed.