Trayus Academy Bundle - worth it?

So I just hit 80 myself. Running a Palps, Vader, Thrawn (6 star), Tarkin and Stromtrooper arena team. Gets me around 50 or so.

I dont have Darth Nihulus, Sith Trooper or Sith Assassin. I bought the $10 Darth Sion pack to get him to 4 stars.

So, I'm asking: is the Trayus bundle worth it? I guess I get them all at 3 stars then? I have some extra Christmas money but just wanted some input before I did it.

ty.

Replies

• Options
    Yes if you have the expendable cash , I’d say to you to buy that pack. Do you have any of the toons unlocked yet? If not, I don’t know how much use 3* toons will be in your arena, you already know that 3* toons aren’t viable in many areas of the game (some exceptions though).
  • B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I misunderstood, you already have sion at 4 stars, what's the bundle you want to buy?
  • Options
    I have Sion at 4 star thanks to his bundle - my question is : should i buy the Trayus Academy Bundle? I know Darth Nihulus is quite good but not sure on the other two.
  • Options
    Ok, first if all the characters aren't bad. Sith trooper got a rework that allows him to auto taunt which makes him viable even in top end arenas.

The assassin is still a good character, I actually fought a team earlier with her and lost. She can ignore protection too which is a huge counter to Thrawn.

The characters are all good, the problem I have with the bundle is the amount of shards, feels a bit underwhelming for that price.

The ability mats will not get you very far either and the credits will not get them near level 80 each, in fact a level 1 character will only go as high as level 78 with just over 4 million credits.

The gear may make the whole thing worth... Let me put it this way, if you are not confident in the bundle it means you don't make enough money to where you don't care for it. Therefore I would stay away personally.

If you are in doubt, don't do it. You said you already bought Sion, you didn't seem to question that enough to ask people about it which means you made the right call for yourself. This one has you in doubt which means you value your 70 dollars enough to where you are skeptical about doing it. Your money your choice
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I would say yes, where you are Nihilus will be very good at 3* if you gear him up as much as you can.

Sith Trooper is one of the better tanks in the game, but again you will need to gear him well.

I think game changers "nightmare" team to deal with was Palpatine, Vader, Sion, Sith Trooper, Nihilus. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Just to throw a comparison in there, CLS cost me 30 bucks. I had R2, Leia, Han and my farm boy was almost done. I only needed Old ben who I had to take from 5 shards to 330 in 2 weeks.

I will never regret that decision and I made it without hesitation. Spending 70 on a few shards and some gear would put you in the "dolphin" range which means that unless you are willing to do this once per month then it's kind of pointless to get into that world. If this is your "once in a lifetime" purchise, like CLS was for me, then this is not it!
  • LaksonVell
    421 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Depends on what 70 dollars are for you. The gear is the main reason for this purchase, and I know whales who got it just for the gear pieces. Nihilus is great, the other 2 are ok, but not in a 70 dollar purchase tier. Unless you want those characters specifically, I'd spent some money on the Vader pack and get the crystals for the rest. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck that way.
    Also I am running the same team as you, lvl 75. Switch the trooper out for KRU. Easy top 20. KRU just brings in a lot more and is a lot faster.
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Depends on what 70 dollars are for you. The gear is the main reason for this purchase, and I know whales who got it just for the gear pieces. Nihilus is great, the other 2 are ok, but not in a 70 dollar purchase tier. Unless you want those characters specifically, I'd spent some money on the Vader pack and get the crystals for the rest. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck that way.
    Also I am running the same team as you, lvl 75. Switch the trooper out for KRU. Easy top 20. KRU just brings in a lot more and is a lot faster.

Agreed, do you run zeta on Palpatine? He is level 80 so he can't zeta his Palpatine yet so in that sense KRU may be better, however KRU doesn't get the TM bonus that Trooper gets for being Sith so he should be faster overall.

Also, I'm not sure of how many Hans he has in his shard but the autotaunt is pretty useful at his level arena. KRU's auto taunt requires level 84 and a zeta if I'm not mistaken whereas Sith trooper requires level 80 and just a few omegas.
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    LaksonVell wrote: »

Agreed, do you run zeta on Palpatine? He is level 80 so he can't zeta his Palpatine yet so in that sense KRU may be better, however KRU doesn't get the TM bonus that Trooper gets for being Sith so he should be faster overall.

Also, I'm not sure of how many Hans he has in his shard but the autotaunt is pretty useful at his level arena. KRU's auto taunt requires level 84 and a zeta if I'm not mistaken whereas Sith trooper requires level 80 and just a few omegas.

I am 75 so no zetas or omegas. KRU has a taunt on his halt, a feature many overlook. Halt is the main reason I use him, it is a dispell, stun, not resistable or avoidable. Trooper does not apply any debuffs to get the palp bonus TM untill his basic is omega. KRU has base speed of 120, ST has 99 in my roster. and KRU has a great fleet ship.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Only you can decide if it's worth it but here is some math to help you out

Edit: $100 is in my currency but that shouldn't affect the general math just pretend I said $70

First we have to convert that hundred bucks into crystals. Either way you look at it whether you buy a vault or two packs to make $100 you end up with a little over 10k crystals

Now for what you are getting:

165 premium shards 80 crystals/shard is 13k crystals

Gear pieces worth 7.6k crystals from store

Ability mats worth about 1200 crystals

4 mil credits worth about 1200 crystals

Add all that up and you get 23k crystals worth of stuff for about a 10k crystals worth of dollars

As for the value of the characters this is based on personal opinion:

Darth Nihilus is a top tier character. Nuff said

Sith trooper with his new pretaunt ability may end up being a top tier character especially as a dual tank combined with Darth Sion

Sith assassin while not a top tier character is still a solid B level Sith and is definitely decent to have in a second Sith squad or can be used to boost turn meter if you don't have good speed on your mods you can stack all of it on her and she can give turn meter to everyone else
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpedro is right except as a minor point id say that the mats are worth more. Not even counting the purple mats, the omegas are 200 a piece from omega events, no? x10 is 2000. If you use the price from that limited time pack that comes every now and again, its like 1600 or so crystals for 9 omegas and some purples.
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »

Edit: $100 is in my currency but that shouldn't affect the general math just pretend I said $70

First we have to convert that hundred bucks into crystals. Either way you look at it whether you buy a vault or two packs to make $100 you end up with a little over 10k crystals

Add all that up and you get 23k crystals worth of stuff for about a 10k crystals worth of dollars

Sith trooper with his new pretaunt ability may end up being a top tier character especially as a dual tank combined with Darth Sion

Sith assassin while not a top tier character is still a solid B level Sith and is definitely decent to have in a second Sith squad or can be used to boost turn meter if you don't have good speed on your mods you can stack all of it on her and she can give turn meter to everyone else

I think your math on the gear is by far exaggerated. The credits are not really essential or let alone worth spending crystals for. The shards, premium or not will not even get him to 4 stars. Nihilus is viable at any star level so some patience wouldn't hurt there.

I think as others have pointed out KRU can be a decent replacement for Sith Trooper, assassin is good but not really game changing, Nihilus may be the only thing that makes this pack worth it.

If he has the abilty to farm Nihilus's node then it's worth the wait, unless 70 bucks isn't all that much to him.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Math on gear

MK3 Carbanti = 1400
    Mk3 Stun Cuff = 1400
    Mk5 Stun Gun proto = 1250
    Mk7 Merr Son Shield Gen = 1250*
    50 Mk 4 Zaltin Bacta Gel = 1400

total = 6.7k crystals.
    So off, but not too off.

*for 50 prototype salvage, as I think the whole piece is a lot more expensive, but, the only difficult thing to craft it with is the prototype salvage.

Edit: I think the omegas play a significant enough role here. The gear too, but that goes without saying. The omegas are quite nice especially for those of us, like me, who are bottlenecked on applying zetas due to lack of omegas. You'll always need omegas and they can make a big difference. Yes you get 1 or more a day but you'll almost always have use of some extras.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »

I think your math on the gear is by far exaggerated. The credits are not really essential or let alone worth spending crystals for. The shards, premium or not will not even get him to 4 stars. Nihilus is viable at any star level so some patience wouldn't hurt there.

I think as others have pointed out KRU can be a decent replacement for Sith Trooper, assassin is good but not really game changing, Nihilus may be the only thing that makes this pack worth it.

If he has the abilty to farm Nihilus's node then it's worth the wait, unless 70 bucks isn't all that much to him.

I get to 6.8k not counting the Mk IV bacta gel salvage (can't get that in my store just now) so I'd say he has it very accurate.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Not worth it, they can all be farmed if you have the patience
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Not worth it, they can all be farmed if you have the patience

The eternal choice
    Patience or money??

You will need to have a fair amount of either one to make a marquee too 7*

IMO if your not going 7* it's kinda a waste.
  • Options
    alright guys thanks, i still haven't bought it yet. I have heard that Sith Trooper and Sion go well together. I may go ahead and get it - its just in my mind 3* chars seem bad - maybe though they need to be g9 at least.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    The nice thing is all 3 are farmable now albeit slowly in high energy nodes unlike a marquee character like sion

Nihilus is viable at 3 stars for sure his instant kill is the same at 3 star as it is at 7 star but needs tanks to protect him

Sith trooper with high enough gear might be I haven't really played around with him yet

Sith assassin should be stealthed most of the time so should be but vulnerable to aoe especially with a dispel like baze or sion