storm trooper han and bonds of weakness

Prev1
I know you guys are already likly aware of this due to both several you tube videos and a post in the forums advising about a video on this.

Is storm trooper hans taunt abilty working as intended with treay's bonds of weakness.

This allows for near infinte turn meter gain when facing treya, which while none of these mechanics appear to be a bug, they do seem to work contary to the ideas orignal roled out about the raid being a puzzle that would take time to solve

Replies

• Options
    Sthan is login character; intended
  • Options
    Yeah it took some time.... like a few days lol. And some people figured it out the day the info came out. It's good for STH and Zavage and yeah. It's really good
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Just a quick question. I am very curious as to what the issue is that is being fixed.

Is ST Han providing more TM than he should be?

Is Traya dealing damage more often than she should be?

I would like to avoid being a participant in any future unintended exploits.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    No

No

Just "looping" more than intended according to some
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Is ST Han providing more TM than he should be?
    No.
    Is Traya dealing damage more often than she should be?
    No.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No

No

Just "looping" more than intended according to Kyno

not according to me. I dont make any of this happen.
  • Options
    rather than hotfixing han, they should hotfix traya, where rather than dealing damage every time an action is taken, only deal damage when an ally grants a buff to any other ally. the problem is that even using basics cause damage isn't it?
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    I’m not actually sure what the problem is TBH. It looked to me like he was granting TM every time he was damaged and reading his ability that’s what it’s supposed to do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    rather than hotfixing han, they should hotfix traya, where rather than dealing damage every time an action is taken, only deal damage when an ally grants a buff to any other ally. the problem is that even using basics cause damage isn't it?

They called it an unintended interaction, so they haven't quite clarified what the change will be. I dont think they are going to change STH, but i could be wrong.

Edit, sorry i guess they do say more TM. I think they are referring to how many times it can be repeated, not the actual amount of TM. I am hoping they will clarify more in the update
  • Italianstallion896
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If they nerf this part of ST Hans kit then I want a reimbursement for the two $50 packs I bought to obtain him. This is the only mechanic that has ever made him useful. And why he was a part of the meta for a short time. If cg is going to fix anything then they need to rework that ridiculous raid mechanic. He has been this way since the beginning.
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    His ability says everytime he is damaged, that’s why I think that he is being damaged more times than he should be.
  • Options
    @Kyno
    Fixed
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I love the "we didn't really play test this enough" hotfixes. :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Vengence wrote: »
    His ability says everytime he is damaged, that’s why I think that he is being damaged more times than he should be.

He is damaged by Treya's ridiculous Bonds of Weakness mechanic every time one of your characters does... anything. So, no... he's not being damaged more than how it's written.
  • Options

Traya deals damage everytime someone uses a special ability and that damage can't defeat them. And that damage is feeding 20% turnmeter to all Hans friends when he is taunting
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    yeah and that makes sense @AnnerDoon and he grants TM everytime he takes Damage so isn’t that how ST Han is supposed to work?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

Traya deals damage everytime someone uses a special ability and that damage can't defeat them. And that damage is feeding 20% turnmeter to all Hans friends when he is taunting

It's not triggered by specials. It's literally written "Using any ability damages all allies". Everything that any ally does uses an ability.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    yeah and that makes sense @AnnerDoon and he grants TM everytime he takes Damage so isn’t that how ST Han is supposed to work?

Yes. STHan is correctly doing what he's always done - granting 20% TM to all allies when he's damaged while taunting.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    They could change Bonds of Weakness to be able to kill a toon, not just bring them to 1%.
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Change the rules!?!?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

with a community this big, we do play test this game more in 1 day then they can in certain periods of time.
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    But they can’t actually test for bugs in the coding without having access to our devices or something like that why else would they ask for video confirmation when bugs are reported
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm seems this thread has been moved somewhere as i can’t find it in the general discussion anymore
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @AnnerDoon

My mistake, it does say "whenever an enemy uses an ability" . When the kit came out though, I thought the consensus interpretation was this was "special abilities" and not "any abilities", becuase then it would include unique abilities and leader abilities was the argument .
    But I haven't made it past tier 1 so, my bad. Was just reading descriptions
  • Vengence
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    So every turn everyone takes Damage and whenever they do anything they take Damage whew no wonder ST Han is giving so much Turn Meter
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    But they can’t actually test for bugs in the coding without having access to our devices or something like that why else would they ask for video confirmation when bugs are reported

they have test and dev accounts. they also do things like create a "off line server" that people can bring accounts into and play test. Thats how they ran the open beta a little bit ago.

I'm sure they have afew people that run stuff like this raid, but its no where as big as the community on hand.

They ask for videos to see the issue is and how the sequence of events unfolds. it helps them narrow down where a bug may be.
  • Options
    So, I guess they are going to have to change the player version of Traya as well, otherwise she will be trampled by a fast ST Han in arena that can get taunt up quick...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

with a community this big, we do play test this game more in 1 day then they can in certain periods of time.

I know. We are the beta-testers. Confirmed. Again. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Where is the official announcement on this?