2Next

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I love the "we didn't really play test this enough" hotfixes. :D

with a community this big, we do play test this game more in 1 day then they can in certain periods of time.

So you're telling me CG didn't think about doing an open beta test on the Sith raid like they did with TW?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Thanks, have a like.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no. We are able to do some good damage without toons we need to pay for. No way! We need a hotfix asap!! :D
  • Options
    While I respect you trying to reason the hotfix @Kyno I think this is something working as intended and was missed when testing the raid. I am hopeful the devs will at least come out and admit that rather then give an excuse. While I don’t have a problem if they didn’t intend on a toon being this dominate in a phase, I do have a problem if a nerf comes to that toon simply because this part of the raid didn’t take into account their kit. Time will tell.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

with a community this big, we do play test this game more in 1 day then they can in certain periods of time.

So you're telling me CG didn't think about doing an open beta test on the Sith raid like they did with TW?

They needed numbers to push out TW and test it at somewhat near its limits, for both the server handling and the event.

Raids dont require numbers to do testing. They missed one, considering all the mechanics at work, I'm not happy but I think that's not so bad.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    While I don’t have a problem if they didn’t intend on a toon being this dominate in a phase, I do have a problem if a nerf comes to that toon simply because this part of the raid didn’t take into account their kit. Time will tell.

Like they fixed Kylo because you could solo p1 of HAAT, and no single toon should be able to do this.
    One month later they released CLS, who could do the job even much much better. :D
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

They needed numbers to push out TW and test it at somewhat near its limits, for both the server handling and the event.

Raids dont require numbers to do testing. They missed one, considering all the mechanics at work, I'm not happy but I think that's not so bad.

I gotta commend you. Your unyielding defense of CG is amazing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    While I respect you trying to reason the hotfix Kyno I think this is something working as intended and was missed when testing the raid. I am hopeful the devs will at least come out and admit that rather then give an excuse. While I don’t have a problem if they didn’t intend on a toon being this dominate in a phase, I do have a problem if a nerf comes to that toon simply because this part of the raid didn’t take into account their kit. Time will tell.

I can't imagine they would nerf him just because of the "unintended" TM... its only a single interaction i imagine they will make her work around it.

• Options
    Pretty simple fix. The damage from this doesn't trigger STH's TM gain. STH once more fades into obscurity and we get to gain shards of him all month long to remind us of this situation.

They should just go ahead and change the March Login character to Clone Wars Chewbacca.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

The only odd part is that the one they missed also just happens to be the log-in character the same month the raid is released. You don't find that even a little bit...odd?

I believe in coincidence - but when EA is involved, they just seem to be very strange coincidences.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    And already up to be "fixed" if they fix it so Han is still good, maybe even great, but not infinite.. maybe I will still care. Otherwise I'm finding this "fix" really kills any desire to play the sith raid. It's simply TOO challenging. Can't remove TM, can't debuff, they all gain speed with each hit... unless you're a day 1 player or mega whale, just skip the sith raid for the next year, eventuay itll be power crept and accessible to the masses. For now just don't bother
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The only odd part is that the one they missed also just happens to be the log-in character the same month the raid is released. You don't find that even a little bit...odd?

I believe in coincidence - but when EA is involved, they just seem to be very strange coincidences.

too true. I want to think this was somewhat intentional and that he was "meant to be a key" toon in this raid. with all the changes they have made to reduce our old tricks, TM gain does seem to strategy for this raid. but if this were true i can't imagine they would have not tied this and figured out they could lock him into this position.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

I gotta commend you. Your unyielding defense of CG is amazing.

in all honesty, I dont defend them. I just have a different perspective on the issues at hand.

This particular issue, i see as not being good for the game. To trivialize a brand new raid in the first week of its existence is not good for the long term playability of the raid. I dont mind catching flak for my opinions, which is why i'm ok doing what i do here.

The long term plan for this game means a few things have to happen, and the 2 main themes are, the company makes money (i know everyone is shocked by that ever day.) the second is people come back and play. <--- i feel many people have different ideas of how to make this possible, but making new content beatable by everyone within the first week is not a good idea. if things are too easy or come too quick players will leave.

now the expectation of what "too easy" or "too quick" can be debated until the cows come home to roost. but i think i'm mixing up my metaphors.

I dont need to defend them because i dont think they are doing some thing "wrong" they are trying to make the game more playable and have long term strategy and goals, that is what i think will help bring people back to the game. the majority of the player base wouldn't still be here if it was quick and easy.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Just like Kylo Ren in the Tank raid. It's something they just didn't think about when creating the raid, so now they want to change it so it doesn't happen. But just like Kylo, this is working 100% as it should. But it will get changed/nerfed as well.