Sith raid rewards are kinda sub par

Prev1
So I actually like the raid mechanics for this new raid and I don't mind the difficulty, however the insane amount of time it will take my guild to complete T5 makes it really tiresome. This is only amplified by the fact that when we finally do finish it I will get less rewards for this raid than I get for HAAT. I feel like either the lower tiers need to be able to be completed in a more timely fashion or they need to up the rewards. (My personal thought if they want to keep the raid with this much health is give rewards after every phase).

Replies

  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I do agree for the amount of effort being put into this raid the payoff does seem to be really low. I'd rather just use the tickets to run more Haat raids
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    That’s an understatement :|
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    We've already completed Tier 6 and are halfway through our second run. We know we're not ready for heroic... yet. I placed 2nd in the first run, and I thought the rewards were ... ok. But, I don't have any perspective regarding the difficulty or rewards of other tiers.

    Is it possible that you should select a lower tier and work your way up?
  • Tier 4 rewards is like coming in last on Heroic Rancor.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    We've already completed Tier 6 and are halfway through our second run. We know we're not ready for heroic... yet. I placed 2nd in the first run, and I thought the rewards were ... ok. But, I don't have any perspective regarding the difficulty or rewards of other tiers.

    Is it possible that you should select a lower tier and work your way up?

    Well if we pick a lower tier we will not get any rewards that are useful. I checked and T5 gives less credits/guild currency then HAAT and I would imagine at best a similar amount of gear. As a guild (we are at about 80 mil gp) we complete HAAT in a couple hours (mostly dictated by when our heavy hitters happen to get on) and since this raid will take a couple of days I kinda expected the rewards to be somewhat better.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Fair enough.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Truth be told i don't expect a change to this anytime soon...
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    If they don’t change this soon guilds are not even gonna bother doing this event unless they can do heroic.
    3-4 days event for haat rewards that are mostly garbage.
    It already feels like a thankless grind that I wish I could just sim and we are only on our second raid.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So I actually like the raid mechanics for this new raid and I don't mind the difficulty, however the insane amount of time it will take my guild to complete T5 makes it really tiresome. This is only amplified by the fact that when we finally do finish it I will get less rewards for this raid than I get for HAAT.

    As you practice, you will complete the raid faster and faster making it less tiresome. If you expected a fast first play through the new raid and better rewards in tier 5 than i hAAT, your expectations were unrealistic.

  • Waqui wrote: »
    So I actually like the raid mechanics for this new raid and I don't mind the difficulty, however the insane amount of time it will take my guild to complete T5 makes it really tiresome. This is only amplified by the fact that when we finally do finish it I will get less rewards for this raid than I get for HAAT.

    As you practice, you will complete the raid faster and faster making it less tiresome. If you expected a fast first play through the new raid and better rewards in tier 5 than i hAAT, your expectations were unrealistic.

    I disagree. The massive health pool means that it will take substantial time even once guilds figure out the strats. And why shouldn’t T5 rewards be better than HAAT? It is harder. It takes more time. T5 doesn’t give Kenobi shards.
  • Artery
    20 posts Member
    My main problem with the rewards is the fact that, it says for Tier 4 you need gear 8 toons, and decent mods. That is basically incorrect, such toons would barely make a dent, my G11 7* teams can barely do 1% of p1.

    That's fine, that's how difficult they want to make this, not a problem! Just drop a tier!

    So then, if we drop to tier 3, the rewards are nothing that any of my g10 and g11 teams need, so they're not getting improved - the gear I'm getting from rewards are gunna improve my g7/8 toons, all I'm gunna do is improve them lower toons, but I can only use 5 teams in a day so while yes them lower toons are improving they're still not helping me get closer to doing more damage.

    Add Carbantis, stun cuffs and guns etc to tier 3!

    Just my opinion, I understand people have better ideas than me!
  • The raid difficulty has scaled up massively with the Sith Raid, but the rewards have not followed suit.

    I would agree with a suggestion I saw somewhere on these forums (can't remember where), that the lower tiers should reward a very small amount of Traya shards. I'm not sure anyone wants a repeat of the GK situation, where it wan't unusual for strong players to leave their guilds if they couldn't do HAAT and get GK.

    If we got just a small amount of shards on lower tiers, it would still give an incentive to do the Heroic version, but would also make the lower tiers worth doing even if the gear rewards are bad.
  • Useless rewards from endgame content is at the core of cg's business plan. This is working exactly as intended.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Drago5760 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    So I actually like the raid mechanics for this new raid and I don't mind the difficulty, however the insane amount of time it will take my guild to complete T5 makes it really tiresome. This is only amplified by the fact that when we finally do finish it I will get less rewards for this raid than I get for HAAT.

    As you practice, you will complete the raid faster and faster making it less tiresome. If you expected a fast first play through the new raid and better rewards in tier 5 than i hAAT, your expectations were unrealistic.

    I disagree. The massive health pool means that it will take substantial time even once guilds figure out the strats. And why shouldn’t T5 rewards be better than HAAT? It is harder. It takes more time. T5 doesn’t give Kenobi shards.

    Well, OP can look forward to tier 6 then. Possible rewards include g12 pieces (not fully crafted, though) along wil fully crafted golden g10/11 pieces. That's progression compared to hAAT. If his guild manages tier 5 already, it won't be long before they can manage tier 6.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So I actually like the raid mechanics for this new raid and I don't mind the difficulty, however the insane amount of time it will take my guild to complete T5 makes it really tiresome. This is only amplified by the fact that when we finally do finish it I will get less rewards for this raid than I get for HAAT.

    As you practice, you will complete the raid faster and faster making it less tiresome. If you expected a fast first play through the new raid and better rewards in tier 5 than i hAAT, your expectations were unrealistic.

    I expected the rewards to be comparable to the effort put in. So unless you are saying that T5 is less difficult then hAAT then I feel like my point still stands.
  • I got like 6 salvage pieces from T6. Woo.
  • It’s still early and we’re all still figuring out the best strategies for this raid. It will get easier once we farm the right toons and figure out the best plan.

    Yes HaAT is better rewards but we’ve had over a year to get HAAT down. Comparing this raid to the AAT upon initial release would be more fair.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Subpar is an understatement. These rewards are hot garbage.
  • Rewards are terrible. I like the difficulty and how the full guild need to work together to complete it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    Rewards are terrible. I like the difficulty and how the full guild need to work together to complete it.

    Yeah, the last part? That doesn't happen. You don't need to "work together" any more than you did for HAAT. Once the best teams for each phase are figured out (after nerfs), it's the same old stuff/different raid....with arguably worse rewards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yeah, the guild Im in isnt strong enough to do a high tier raid in this, but it does feel like the reward isnt enough for the level of challenge.
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    I got 2 fully crafted G12 parts from the Heroic we finished last night. That seemed pretty good.
    The topic of this thread likely should be amended to "Non Heroic Sith Raid Rewards are Kinda Sub par"
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's like an open buffet. You can have a few of everything but everything sucks equally.
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    This raid is really geared towards higher-end guilds, so it's not surprising that lower- to middle-tier guilds aren't satisfied with the effort-to-reward ratio.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    This raid is really geared towards higher-end guilds, so it's not surprising that lower- to middle-tier guilds aren't satisfied with the effort-to-reward ratio.

    So top guilds need challenge gear?
  • TVF
    36442 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    This raid is really geared towards higher-end guilds, so it's not surprising that lower- to middle-tier guilds aren't satisfied with the effort-to-reward ratio.

    So top guilds need challenge gear?

    I'm assuming everyone needs challenge gear. It's the only explanation why I keep getting it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    This raid is really geared towards higher-end guilds, so it's not surprising that lower- to middle-tier guilds aren't satisfied with the effort-to-reward ratio.

    So why bother even making t1-5. Also, we're a 116m guild. Upper middle tier. We did t5 and the rewards were outright bad for the difficulty of the raid. Sure, as things get figured out, the raid will get easier. We're already on track to take a day less this time around and then move up to t6. However, even a friendly 150m guild doesn't think they can do heroic (they're in the middle and really struggling right now). So why do the t6- rewards all suck? We can't all be ti.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    This raid is really geared towards higher-end guilds, so it's not surprising that lower- to middle-tier guilds aren't satisfied with the effort-to-reward ratio.

    The funny part is that you need all your characters to be at max level to beat the raid, so the rewards are really meaningless.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    This raid is really geared towards higher-end guilds, so it's not surprising that lower- to middle-tier guilds aren't satisfied with the effort-to-reward ratio.

    Most new content is designed as current end game content. There's no need for challenge gear in raid rewards. People completing certain tiers of raids are also completing corresponding tiers on challenges.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Waqui wrote: »
    So I actually like the raid mechanics for this new raid and I don't mind the difficulty, however the insane amount of time it will take my guild to complete T5 makes it really tiresome. This is only amplified by the fact that when we finally do finish it I will get less rewards for this raid than I get for HAAT.

    As you practice, you will complete the raid faster and faster making it less tiresome. If you expected a fast first play through the new raid and better rewards in tier 5 than i hAAT, your expectations were unrealistic.

    I expected the rewards to be comparable to the effort put in. So unless you are saying that T5 is less difficult then hAAT then I feel like my point still stands.

    I'm saying that you will finish the raid faster and faster for every time, you do it — just like you did hAAT. We finish hAAT in half an hour now. We took far longer first time we did it. The rewards wiil match the effort at some point — or maybe you will be able to move to t6 instead and gain g12 pieces as rewards (not available in hAAT)
Sign In or Register to comment.