Ventress or Anakin?

Prev1
Guys I need some advice. Currently I am running 5* QGJ (lead), 7* Lumi, 5* Yoda, 6* Sid and 4*Dooku. I need to replace Dooku from my arena team at least until I have him to 6*. Which won't be for a while as I am currently going all in on Jedi. Anyway, here is my dilemma.

I have Assaj Ventress at 5*. I have all 85 shards to promote her to 6*. I also have just enough $ to take her to lvl70 as well. So she would be 6* lvl70, gear lvl8

That is one option, here is the other

I have a 4* Anakin I am currently farming. I have enough credits to take him to lvl70 lvl8 gear.

Now, I know a 6* normally would be without question the way to go. However, since I am already running 3/5 Jedi, it seems logical that even though my Anakin is 4*, at lvl70 and lvl8 gear, he would be a better option than Ventress simply because she is SOOOO slow.

I need power/damage added to my roster. Ventress hits really hard, but is slow as a sloth. Anakin, won't hit quite as hard as Ventress, but with the added speed from QGJ, it seems like it could make up the difference in star level. Not to mention the heal block that Anakin can lay down...

Suggestions?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is a great option with QGJ and Yoda. You have 3 guys that move before almost anyone. Sid is also really fast, that's 4 guys that move before Geonosian Soldier. Anakin also can move twice in the first portion of the game (he moves at 160, then gains 90% TM when the enemy kills first of your guys)

Problem is you will have problems to beat Sid, as he dodge your jedis a bit. You can either left him to the end of he combat, and check until you pass his dodge, but it's hard. Having Rey or Geonosian Soldier would help a lot to kill him
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Anakin is a great option with QGJ and Yoda. You have 3 guys that move before almost anyone. Sid is also really fast, that's 4 guys that move before Geonosian Soldier. Anakin also can move twice in the first portion of the game (he moves at 160, then gains 90% TM when the enemy kills first of your guys)

Problem is you will have problems to beat Sid, as he dodge your jedis a bit. You can either left him to the end of he combat, and check until you pass his dodge, but it's hard. Having Rey or Geonosian Soldier would help a lot to kill him

Yeah, I am having that issue, seems my Lumi is the only one who can hit him consistently, but thats another matter. So you suggest the 4* Anakin over 6* Ventress?
  • Options
    Would Sid not dodge Ventress as much? If not, she may be the way to go... Even with her speed
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I am having that issue, seems my Lumi is the only one who can hit him consistently, but thats another matter. So you suggest the 4* Anakin over 6* Ventress?

In general, yes. But I would think about replacing either Lumi or Sid for a high damage dealer to deal with enemy Sid if they have one
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sid's such a pain to kill for an all Jedi team, which sucks because he is so commonly used. I don't think Ventress would be a good fit for your team. She's so slow that sometimes I will burn down a cannon before killing her, and she still doesn't get a turn. Do you have a Rey, Daka, or GS maybe?

Ventriss on AI almost always heals herself on the first turn, so she's pretty bad on defense.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No. I wish I knew how to post images on here so I could post my roster.

• Options
    Scinful wrote: »
    Sid's such a pain to kill for an all Jedi team, which sucks because he is so commonly used. I don't think Ventress would be a good fit for your team. She's so slow that sometimes I will burn down a cannon before killing her, and she still doesn't get a turn. Do you have a Rey, Daka, or GS maybe?

Ventriss on AI almost always heals herself on the first turn, so she's pretty bad on defense.

7* Lumi
    6*Sid
    5* QGJ
    5*Yoda
    5(but shards for 6*)Barris
    5*JC
    4*Dooku
    5*Talia
    5/6*Ventress
    4*Kylo Ren
    5*Dathcha
    5*Captain Phasma
    5*Ahsoka Tano
    4*Anakin
    4*Ima-Gun Di
    4* Old Daka
    4*Chewie
    4*Vader
    5/6*IG86
    4*Grand Moff Tarkin
    4*Cad Bane
    3*Teebow
    4*Nute Gunray
    2*Royal Guard
    3*Jawa
    3*Ewok Elder
    3*Savage Opress
    3/4 First Order Tie Pilot

Along with a few 1* and 2* characters.

I have found, most of my main characters are support. That's why I needed to add some hit power...

• Options
    Since it's temporary while you farm a better replacement, maybe just 6* IG-86 and throw him in there. I would suggest you get a GS or star Dooku a couple of times, but you need the farm nodes.
  • Options
    Out of the two, Anakin is better. I will never consider Ventress in Arena she is just too slow. But you will be running like a full jedi team and when you face 7* Sid,who is almost in any team, it is a pain to deal with him(considering your Anakin has pretty low damage output) . Your opponent can use douku+sid and these two fast,anti-jedi toons can drive you crazy. If I were you I will use douku even as 4* and then quickly farm him.
  • Options
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    Out of the two, Anakin is better. I will never consider Ventress in Arena she is just too slow. But you will be running like a full jedi team and when you face 7* Sid,who is almost in any team, it is a pain to deal with him(considering your Anakin has pretty low damage output) . Your opponent can use douku+sid and these two fast,anti-jedi toons can drive you crazy. If I were you I will use douku even as 4* and then quickly farm him.

That is what I was doing. I farmed Dooku from just the hard nodes. I now have him unlocked in cantina, but I've been using EVERY drop of $ and energy on upgrading my Jedi, hoping to have a team of 7* Jedi in time for not this next Yoda event, but by the time they bring it back a 3rd time.

Or should I just forget Yoda, and go back to what I was working on prior to the Yoda announcement? In which I'll have IG86, Dooku, and Kylo Ren to 7* in that time? I'm just torn. I REALLY want a 7* Yoda, but the time and resources put into preparation have killed my arena rankings. My team just keeps falling behind because I've put so much effort into Jedi, rather towards what I was working towards prior to the Yoda announcement.
  • Options
    The Yoda announcement changed so much. We all want him. I mean, come on, it's Yoda! I'm no longer sure if he's worth it, but since I've also started farming so many Yedis, it seems like such a waste to just end farming them.
  • Options
    Monxie wrote: »
    The Yoda announcement changed so much. We all want him. I mean, come on, it's Yoda! I'm no longer sure if he's worth it, but since I've also started farming so many Yedis, it seems like such a waste to just end farming them.

I agree. I have 5*Yoda. He is cool to have, but certainly not a game changer. Im starting to wonder if all my efforts into Jedi have been in vain. Unless Yoda is SIGNIFICANTLY better at 7* than he is at 5*, I don't see him as worth the trouble.
  • Options
    I've switched to a Yoda-centric development path, although it is easy enough for me to also keep a top Arena team (QGJ lead, Old Ben, Poe, Leia, Rey) at near max level/gear/stars. I'd prefer to run GS over Leia, but don't have him farmed, and need to 7-star Barris (from Cantina battles, same as GS), and plan on 7-starring Lando (also Cantina battles) afterwards for the Scoundrel event. Only then would I get back to focusing on my arena team, but my current squad should continue to carry me to finish top 5 (sometimes #1) every day. Also, I don't expect GS to reign much longer, and have a position in several toons with (hopefully) post-GS-dominance potential.

Castaspella, Team Instinct
  • Options
    Also, I don't expect GS to reign much longer, and have a position in several toons with (hopefully)

@Castaspella Can I ask you why do you think so ? I run GS since my beginnings of the game (he's the older of my arena squad) and I really like him and I don't plan to stop using him... Is he so unbalanced that a nerf is expected ? He doesn't seem unbalanced to me, just strong. Or are you thinking about the level 80 stats ?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

I agree. I have 5*Yoda. He is cool to have, but certainly not a game changer. Im starting to wonder if all my efforts into Jedi have been in vain. Unless Yoda is SIGNIFICANTLY better at 7* than he is at 5*, I don't see him as worth the trouble.

Per SWGOHcantina, at lvl 90 Yoda has 2nd best AOE damage in the game, after Darth Maul. Except he is also third fastest char in the game, instead of third slower. He also has 5th strongest single target special ability. That's beside the fact that gain foresight, give Tenacity to everybody, and can steal buffs.

I think he will be fine long term
  • Options

Per SWGOHcantina, at lvl 90 Yoda has 2nd best AOE damage in the game, after Darth Maul. Except he is also third fastest char in the game, instead of third slower. He also has 5th strongest single target special ability. That's beside the fact that gain foresight, give Tenacity to everybody, and can steal buffs.

OK so continue on with Master Yodas challenge, I will. Do you suggest I replace Dooku with 4* Anakin at lvl70, 6 star Ventress, or leave Dooku in for now?

I am really torn about leveling Anakin up. I know he is awesome at higher star levels, just don't know about a max 4* Anakin...
  • Options
    Can i provide a contrary opinion? I have Ventress at 7* and she is excellent at GW. More importantly, I have her in my Arena team and I got to no. 1 yesterday. The trick is to get around her speed and exploit all the other stuff she has going for her. Thus, my team is Phasma (L), Poe, GS, Lumi and Ventress. Phasma is key because of the turn meter manipulation and bonus attacks, which help Ventress attack more and out of her turn. Poe likewise gives her the chance to catch up. Also, each kill gives her a chance to gain turn meter. GS can call her for a fairly strong assist hit. And her buff removal/heal can also remove turn meter.

In a field with plenty of taunts, offense up and other buffs, particularly with Yoda around, she can turn the tide all of sudden. Let's also not forget her life steal, the highest in the game, which keeps her in the fight longer and heals her with an Aoe to full.

Speed will always be important and Ventress will always have that weakness. Maybe my team is a bit unique in that regard. But my point is that it can be overcome and used to your advantage.
  • Options
    Can i provide a contrary opinion? I have Ventress at 7* and she is excellent at GW. More importantly, I have her in my Arena team and I got to no. 1 yesterday. The trick is to get around her speed and exploit all the other stuff she has going for her. Thus, my team is Phasma (L), Poe, GS, Lumi and Ventress. Phasma is key because of the turn meter manipulation and bonus attacks, which help Ventress attack more and out of her turn. Poe likewise gives her the chance to catch up. Also, each kill gives her a chance to gain turn meter. GS can call her for a fairly strong assist hit. And her buff removal/heal can also remove turn meter.

In a field with plenty of taunts, offense up and other buffs, particularly with Yoda around, she can turn the tide all of sudden. Let's also not forget her life steal, the highest in the game, which keeps her in the fight longer and heals her with an Aoe to full.

Speed will always be important and Ventress will always have that weakness. Maybe my team is a bit unique in that regard. But my point is that it can be overcome and used to your advantage.

See, this is why I got her. I have never used her. I knew when I made her I wouldn't use her until 6*. I have Phasma, but only at 5* around 3200 power. And i have QGJ, so he could call her in for the assist. And what I figured was her slower speed would allow me to beat someone within an inch of their life and then do her AOE which would buff my unit. But i have been second guessing my decision...

I really wish I could find out the power 4* gear lvl8 Anakin. But no idea where to find that info...
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have Anakin, but I LOVE my Ventress.
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE pulling her in when I can. She is an absolute stud. I'm just still torn. I've got a number of toons ready to star up. And very limited funds. I don't know which way to turn...

Still torn between taking Anakin to lvl70 (but just 4*) or 6* my Ventress (who I have yet to use in any battle.)
  • Options
    Ventress is great but Anikin is the way to go since you have so many Jedi in your team. He's gonna compliment them well.
    Try swgohcantina.com for Anikin 4* max gear stats.
  • Options
    I realize that there are so much people in my server stop farming their Arena toons and pursue a 5* yoda. The amount of time and resources put in to farm 5 5* Jedi and unlock Yoda is too much. I know that he is one of the top good characters, especially in the long run, but currently I still continue on farming my Arena toons. I would never let yoda change my entire game planning. For your team, I still do not recommend adding Anakin to Arena, he does benefit from QGJ's leadership but what can he do during his turn? I rather stick with douku or add one solid DPS like GS.
  • Options
    I would go with Anakin. At least he will benefit from QGJ's leader ability. Plus he has Heal and Buff Immunity.
  • Options
    Anakin all the way. He's one of the best heroes in the game, people still haven't realized his true power because he's used so rarely because of his extremely hard farming grind.

He's so fast, his DPS is very good, his HP is vast. Add buff immunity and his unique turn meter gain and tou have a top tier char now.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    @Ascansio, did you have a max star and gear Anakin?
    Will he do well in arena?
    Cause I'm working on him now..
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

OK so continue on with Master Yodas challenge, I will. Do you suggest I replace Dooku with 4* Anakin at lvl70, 6 star Ventress, or leave Dooku in for now?

I am really torn about leveling Anakin up. I know he is awesome at higher star levels, just don't know about a max 4* Anakin...

He needs stars and gear to shine, I think.
    Dooku is the best 6th man. Use him if the enemy has a key Jedi you want to remove (QGJ or Old Ben, mainly)
  • Options
    Ascansio wrote: »
    Anakin all the way. He's one of the best heroes in the game, people still haven't realized his true power because he's used so rarely because of his extremely hard farming grind.

He's so fast, his DPS is very good, his HP is vast. Add buff immunity and his unique turn meter gain and tou have a top tier char now.

I am farming Anakin. It just takes sooooooooooooooooooo long. I only have 2 hard nodes unlocked where I can get him. I have decided to slowly level him using my lvl1 and lvl2 training Droids I get per day. I know when I get him starred up, he will be on my A team without a doubt. I just wish they would add him to the cantina to farm, or even in cantina rewards, arena awards, or GW awards. It makes no sense to have him only on a few hard nodes. But i guess if he were more easily obtained, a LOT more people would use him. Alas, with things as they are now, in 6 to 8 months I can have him to 7*. That's ridiculous, but it is what it is. It's like that with Rey, GS, and FOTP as well. All amazing toons that are incredibly hard to star up. At least GS is farmable in cantina. I won't farm him since he is only on the 1st cantina. Those QGJ rewards are too important to lose out on so many by farming the 1st cantina.

So I'll stop rambling, with my current roster (listed above) would it be best to 7* IG86 for his DPS even though I don't have any other Droids?
  • Options
    GizOne wrote: »
    Also, I don't expect GS to reign much longer, and have a position in several toons with (hopefully)

@Castaspella Can I ask you why do you think so ? I run GS since my beginnings of the game (he's the older of my arena squad) and I really like him and I don't plan to stop using him... Is he so unbalanced that a nerf is expected ? He doesn't seem unbalanced to me, just strong. Or are you thinking about the level 80 stats ?

I'm just guessing, but he really is a dominant toon (my P2W Arena team would be better with him even), and as a bit player in the cannon, I'd expect his top tier status will be curbed eventually as basically nobody would say that GS even ranks among their favorite characters from the movies and EU content.
  • Options
    Sorry to ask a different question here, but is Ventress speed buff on nightsisters any good? Does 25 or whatever extra speed make a difference? I have a 5* daka and 5*Atria that I use sometimes. Wondering if I shoul duse the 4* ventress too. Mostly for GW
  • Options
    @gertpacu
    Well, i starred my Ventress to 6, and when I have used her, ive put her in the leader spot. It actually makes a difference for her, so I assume it would for your NS squad.