Territory War pre-loaded TM

Something needs to be done about how much TM defending teams are allowed to carry over after winning. You're now giving a bonus to teams that are able to survive on defense, now let us have a chance to throw multiple teams at a defender and wear them down. A 100k team with pre-loaded TM is all but impossible to beat because by the time the attacker gets to move, they're down 1 or 2 toons.

Guilds with deep rosters should have SOME way of powering through the 100k CLS walls. It may take 5 or 6 teams each. And we're still likely to lose on points due to a lack of the bonus points, but at least give us something to strive for. Right now, I just give up. What's the point of even trying? If you can't beat a team on the first try, they're invincible after that.

Replies

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Bakhtosh wrote: »
    ..You're now giving a bonus to teams that are able to survive on defense...

Really? The in-game details for TW don't describe any bonuses for defensive wins.

You can certainly reduce (or even lose) your offensive bonuses by failing to kill a full squad in one attempt. But losing offensive bonuses isn't the same thing as your opponent gaining bonuses for surviving.
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You get a banner, you get a banner, you get a banner
    -Oprah
    Post edited by RevanComingSoon on
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Bakhtosh wrote: »
    ..You're now giving a bonus to teams that are able to survive on defense...

Really? The in-game details for TW don't describe any bonuses for defensive wins.

You can certainly reduce (or even lose) your offensive bonuses by failing to kill a full squad in one attempt. But losing offensive bonuses isn't the same thing as your opponent gaining bonuses for surviving.

They are now awarding banners for successful defenses FYI @AnnerDoon

Part of the "QOL" update

Here's what it says on the TW Details tab in game...
    Each Guild will earn Banners as follows:

Set Defense:
    - Set squad: +30 Banners
    - Set Fleet +34 Banners

Offense Victory:
    - Succesful Attack: +5 Banners
    - First Attempt Victory: +10 Banners
    - Second Attempt Victory +5 Banners
    - Survivor Bonus: +1 Banner per surviving unit
    - Slot Bonus +1 Banner per empty slot if you bring in less than the maximum possible units

Conquer: +450 Banners for each cleared enemy Territory (Doubled for back row Territories), +10 additional Banners per Defensive Squad/Fleet that can be deployed in the Territory

@RevanComingSoon Where does it say anything about awarding banners for successful defenses?

• Options
    By successfully defending once you rob them of 10 banners vs if they won on first try
    By successfully defending twice you rob them of 15 banners vs if they won on second try

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    That's not the same as awarding points for successful defense. By your definition they were already awarding points for successful defense prior to the update.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    That's not the same as awarding points for successful defense.
    semantics
    By your definition they were already awarding points for successful defense prior to the update.
    They were?

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lol...by successfully defending you robbed them of banners.

Anyway I disagree that it's just semantics, but anyway anyway it's besides the OP's point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    By successfully defending once you rob them of 10 banners vs if they won on first try
    By successfully defending twice you rob them of 15 banners vs if they won on second try

First, you can't rob somebody of something they never had. What happens with a successful defense is that you prevent the attacker from gaining extra points, you do not take points away from them.

Second, what you said in the above quote is not the same thing as awarding banners for successful defenses, which is what you said. Preventing point gain isn't either.
  • Options
    @AnnerDoon

Ok :)

Personally I see opportunity cost as a factor in calculating possible score

But I think you are derailing OP's post. I was trying to help, sorry I did not in your view
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is all part of the strategy required for TW. Building the correct counter teams and understanding the tactics to beat a team in 1 shot.

Previously all they got was a TM bonus, but this would be used against (and still is,But at a cost) stronger teams to clear out abilities. Now they get TM and you lose points for doing this, but you can still use this to your advantage if you understand the point structure over the whole TW.

They are not going to remove the TM gain from a previous match, that with abilities being used would cripple a team.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is all part of the strategy required for TW. Building the correct counter teams and understanding the tactics to beat a team in 1 shot.

Previously all they got was a TM bonus, but this would be used against (and still is,But at a cost) stronger teams to clear out abilities. Now they get TM and you lose points for doing this, but you can still use this to your advantage if you understand the point structure over the whole TW.

They are not going to remove the TM gain from a previous match, that with abilities being used would cripple a team.

I completely agree. Being able to see that TM would be really nice though.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I completely agree. Being able to see that TM would be really nice though.

Love this idea.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

Actually defending once only stops 5 points if they get defeated the 2nd time, and 10 points if they can defend twice
  • Options
    I'm not even saying reset TM back to zero, but some reduction would give us a chance. Heck, for defense #0, remove 0%, for #1 - 10%, #2 - 20%, etc...