Projected to Fall Short for 7* Yoda

Prev13
LukeSkywalker420
460 posts Member
edited February 2016
I was hoping RNG would be nice to me and help me have a shot at 7* Yoda, but looks like I will have to settle for 6* Yoda (falling short on Ashoka Tano). At least I will be mostly done with these Jedi so I can switch focus to something else. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Options
    There's no way in heck, if I'm going to maintain a decent team and progress in GW and Arena, I can throw my time away on 5 star jedis to 7 star which are essentially useless anyways. Why blow my time gearing and rnaking characters I primarily don't need to get a character at 5 star I already have whose abilities are primarily unlocked anyway? A 7 star yoda is an expensive luxury I cant afford right now.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    There's no way in heck, if I'm going to maintain a decent team and progress in GW and Arena, I can throw my time away on 5 star jedis to 7 star which are essentially useless anyways. Why blow my time gearing and rnaking characters I primarily don't need to get a character at 5 star I already have whose abilities are primarily unlocked anyway? A 7 star yoda is an expensive luxury I cant afford right now.

I feel the same way. I got him at 5. He's fun and all but even at 7*s I don't think he would make it in to any rotations. Maybe some GW teams. I'm farming Ima-Gun Di on his hard nodes. When he gets to 7 stars... then I'll get 7* yoda. I'm not rushing it though.
  • Options
    I'll probably get my Yoda to 6* ... If I'm lucky. After that I'll take it as it comes. If I am close next time, and most importantly have the credits to level an additional 3 Jedi to 7*, I'll go for it.
  • Options
    I view him as more of a trophy truthfully. However some of the Jedi are extremely useful in GW and Arena. I run four Jedi in each of them. I finish top twenty everyday and don't have any problems finishing GW almost every day.
  • Options
    Yep, I'm in the same boat, but totally okay with it. Farming Ima Gun Di to 6* by next event to get 6* Yoda and then I'll see from there.
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yoda 6* is very decent. being the fastest in game and able to take away 40% turn meter right off the bet is awesome
  • Options
    Well I have a plan for a Yoda team that I think will work in Arena, but I cant let the cat out of the bag yet since I dont see it around. It is my little project muahahahha.
  • Options
    I definitely don't intend to get him to 7* in the near future. I should almost certainly be able to unlock him at 5* in this next event. I haven't decided if I'm going to farm up for 6* now or work on other characters first though. Frankly I'm a little bored working on Jedi's.
  • Options
    Yoda is just too squishy - while in GW, he can avoid most hits but if Sid or Kylo get 2 lucky shots on him, he's a goner. He's good while he lasts but regardless, with his HP so low, he can avoid as many hits as he wants but one good round of concentrated fire on him and he's dust.
  • Options
    I was hoping RNG would be nice to me and help me have a shot at 7* Yoda, but looks like I will have to settle for 6* Yoda (falling short on Ashoka Tano). At least I will be mostly done with these Jedi so I can switch focus to something else. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Almost exactly in the same boat as you.

I'll currently have Luminara, JC, and Kit at 7 stars, GGJ at 6 (87/100) and Ashoka is at 6 (0/100).

Unless I get really lucky with Ashoka's HM battles, I will most likely fall just short of getting her to 7 stars in 14 days. Depending on how close I actually am, I may just use some crystals to keep refreshing the Cantina to get here there (If I have any).

• Options
    Almost exactly in the same boat as you.

I'll currently have Luminara, JC, and Kit at 7 stars, GGJ at 6 (87/100) and Ashoka is at 6 (0/100).

Unless I get really lucky with Ashoka's HM battles, I will most likely fall just short of getting her to 7 stars in 14 days. Depending on how close I actually am, I may just use some crystals to keep refreshing the Cantina to get here there (If I have any).

If you use two cantina refreshes per day (which is 300 crystals), you get roughly 7.5 shards of qgj/ashoka per day. You don't even have to be lucky with the hard nodes to make it, you just need a couple from them. The cantina refreshes are the best thing you can do with your crystals anyway :smile:

• Options
    Same boat... got Yoda 5* and next week I'll have five 6* Jedi.... sucks to waste time farming to get to 7 * .... not sure if i wanna do that yet.

I also view Yoda as a trophy. I don't care about being so high in the ranks like most do... I would rather play with characters that are fun and mean something to me. I feel like over a couple years every character will have their moment of fame (meta) being individually better or creating a dynamic synergy with other characters.

If you are not happy with particular characters not always being the best and are always chasing the meta, personally I would feel frustrated and never satisfied.

All my Jedi:
    Lumi 7*
    QGJ 6*
    JC 6*
    Barriss 6*
    Jedi Knight Guardian 6*

Ima Gun Di 4* (Almost 5*)
    Mace 4* (Almost 5*)
    Old Ben 4*
    Eth koth 4*
    Anakin 4*
    Ahsoka Tano 4*
    Kit Fisto 3*
    Aayla Secura 3*
    Plo Koon (Don't have)
  • Options
    I use Yoda in arena and really wish I could get him to 7*. But I can't this time around, will have to settle for 6*. The last star is worth about 10% in stats, it matters but is not a huge difference.
    I can't afford to get 4 more Jedi to 7* anyway, too many credits.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I've got JC and Lumi at 7. I'm 82/100 on BMF, 55/100 on EK, and 87/100 on qgj. I should make it in time. Probably won't be using Yoda in arena but I want those achievement creds and mostly those Vader shards.
  • Options
    Meh. Got him at five. For some reason i don't care to worry about getting him to 7. I
  • Options
    I have 9/85 on Ashoka the rest will be 7*. Didnt get Yoda yet so I will be happy if all i get is 6*.
  • Options

Unfortunately yes. I'm going to end up with four 7* Jedis and one 6* JC. Assuming the event will return again though.
  • Options
    I have JC, Lumi, and Eeth Koth at 7*. QGJ and Barriss Offee are 6*, so my Yoda is, too. I stopped farming Cantinas for Barriss after getting her to 6*, because I knew I wasn't going to get her to 7* before the event ended, and because Dooku needed them more.

Now with Dooku maxed out, I'm working on GS, but he's 3*, so it'll be a while, even with 2 Cantina refreshes a day. I'll go back to focusing on Barriss once it's a bit closer to the event, and I should be able to get her to 7* well before the event ends.
  • Options
    I have JC, Lumi, and Eeth Koth at 7*. QGJ and Barriss Offee are 6*, so my Yoda is, too. I stopped farming Cantinas for Barriss after getting her to 6*, because I knew I wasn't going to get her to 7* before the event ended, and because Dooku needed them more.

Now with Dooku maxed out, I'm working on GS, but he's 3*, so it'll be a while, even with 2 Cantina refreshes a day. I'll go back to focusing on Barriss once it's a bit closer to the event, and I should be able to get her to 7* well before the event ends.

Nice!
  • Darth_Keith
    189 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RNG has not been nice to me over the past couple of weeks. I have Luminara, JC, QG, and Kit all at 7 stars but Ahsoka is sitting there taunting me at 49/100. I'll be able to get my 6* Yoda this time around but I don't think Ahsoka will make it to 7* before the event ends. Not to mention I'm not even close to the 1 million I'll need to promote her.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Because they nerfed Poe it was no problem to leave him at 5 Star and go for QGJ. But he is only 6 Star this weekend. I have already Lumi and JC at 7 Star. In the past I got Ashoka to 5 Star and got some nice shards from Chromium pulls. She is 6 Star at this time. But could only farm her at hard missions because of going to QGJ first. In Arena I have the characters I wanted most, so I could go for Eeth there. He could help me with Droids in GW sometimes. So it won't be a problem and no luxuary for me to get Yoda 7 Star next month.

Oh I am forgetting Barriss at 6 Star. She will help with GW, too. She will hopefully 7 Star on next week Wednesday
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    I'll be going for 7* since I use him in arena and usually finish 1st. The shame is that all of his gear to get him to X doesn't add any health, but it adds a ton more damage once level cap increases. Most are level 77-79 though for last three slots
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Im going for 5* now and hopefully 7* the next time. Have barriss at 70/80 so I need another 260 within 30 days or so. I'm hoping RNG is kind enough so I make that
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Options
    I have Barriss, Lumi, QGJ and Eeth all at 7* and I have JC at 6* with 23/100 shards.
    So to have a shot at 7* Yoda I need 77 JC shards before the event ends.

Can it be done? I hope so.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Just missing 23 shards for JC so I think I'll be able to at least try for 7*. With Lumi, GQJ, Barris, Ahsoka, and JC I don't have any big hitters so hopefully I can get past the level 7 challenge.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Jamito wrote: »
    I have Barriss, Lumi, QGJ and Eeth all at 7* and I have JC at 6* with 23/100 shards.

360 Cantina Energy a day with two refills. 10 Energy per Mission. 36 Missions a day. 12 shards a day. 77 / 12 = ????
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    I'm going to be falling short for Yoda for some time because I don't want to farm Jedi right now. My guess is that I'll unlock Yoda sometime after this summer, maybe November or something. It's no big deal anyway, he's not that great from what I've seen....
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »

360 Cantina Energy a day with two refills. 10 Energy per Mission. 36 Missions a day. 12 shards a day. 77 / 12 = ????

Those numbers are QUITE far from the ones I got from Windu. Since last event was over till today I made a total big number of HALF that prediction, burning every single Cantina energy and doing his hard node. from ¿0? to 140-170 shards (I dont remember how many I had at start, probably in the range of 20-30), finally made it to six stars a couple hours ago. But if I say that the drop rates are not the 33 percentage, the Pikachu of confirmation bias will show cause, you know, Im crazy and the game have the exact drop rates that people calculated months ago...........
  • Options
    1m 1 jedi short barris 69/100 hope i can still make it but having bad rng for 3 days now ( 2 cantina refresh and only 7shards total for 900 crystals is total robbery) well ill at least get a 6* yoda but now im quite mad at the drop rates
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Drake23 wrote: »

Don't forget jc also has 3 hard nodes for farming also so hopefully you can make it