Territory Wars: Matchmaking post 3/1 update

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    modbot wrote: »
    Are you trolling? If rewards are based on guild gp strictly, with no adjustment for cross bracket instances, than matching should be done the same. There should not be any possibility of fighting against someone else in a fight where both parties do not have potential for the same reward. This is extremely Broken. Would love a dev response. Don’t really need to hear what the trolls have to say about wai

I am not trolling. Just because I hold a different opinion than you doesn't mean that I am. Why is this extremely broken? Are both guilds trying to win? Your rewards and theirs do not effect each other in any way. But sure, I'd love to have a dev response on this as well.

Just as a reminder the developers have stated that TW matchups are based on a variety of factors - not solely GP. The point being, a guild competing in a higher prize bracket is not necessarily "stronger" than you in TW.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @Strubz We had fun throwing all offense at you guys. :) Thanks for the kind words, and best of luck to the ALLiΔNCE of ØRØ in the future!
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    On topic, fix what? Each guild can earn the rewards they have built up to?

False. Each guild cannot earn the rewards, the lower guild has only the option of second place with no chance at winning first place. Why in the world would the second place not be based on the higher gp tier? This is just wrong.

I would have no complaint whatsoever if both guilds were in same tier, “fair” fight or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

False. Each guild cannot earn the rewards, the lower guild has only the option of second place with no chance at winning first place. Why in the world would the second place not be based on the higher gp tier? This is just wrong.

I would have no complaint whatsoever if both guilds were in same tier, “fair” fight or not.

Then please see the second part of my statement you edited out.
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    Options

He's right dude. He's not trolling you. It's how the system was set up. You should file a help ticket with EA. They can either directly call you or they can communicate through a chat box they set up with you on their site. If you have a problem contact them directly because posting it here will likely just have it deleted and overlooked. The forum isn't the place to report in game issues. It isn't likely to be seen or acknowledged here.

Open a help ticket about what? Serious question. I’m not being contentious but asking your advice. How do I frame my issue and ask what exactly for ‘ea help’ to do?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Each guild competes for either 1st place or 2nd place rewards based on the tier that guild has built up to (i.e. the total GP of their guild entering the TW). Higher tiers are simply to encourage guilds to continue to strengthen their respective rosters. I honestly don't understand what the issue is.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Dude there are different rewards depending on your Guild GP and your Guild's place on the battle (1st or 2nd), you should read properly before starting a rant complaining about things working as intended, this is not broken, this is not a bug
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

He's right dude. He's not trolling you. It's how the system was set up. You should file a help ticket with EA. They can either directly call you or they can communicate through a chat box they set up with you on their site. If you have a problem contact them directly because posting it here will likely just have it deleted and overlooked. The forum isn't the place to report in game issues. It isn't likely to be seen or acknowledged here.

Open a help ticket about what? Serious question. I’m not being contentious but asking your advice. How do I frame my issue and ask what exactly for ‘ea help’ to do?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Broken-matchmaking-Facing-a-guild-with-60-million-more-gp-in-TW/m-p/6672035#M9906

Here.
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Dude there are different rewards depending on your Guild GP and your Guild's place on the battle (1st or 2nd), you should read properly before starting a rant complaining about things working as intended, this is not broken, this is not a bug

I read and understand exactly how it works. What some of you are obviously not picking up on, is the fact that guild and my guild faced each other. Why is this happening and how could any of you possibly defend that this ok? We fight the same war against one another for different rewards.

I’m not compaling that higher gp guilds earn better rewards than my guild.
    I’m fine with my guilds reward being level banded and only eligible for what we qualify.

I’m just saying in no instance ever should two guilds in separate tiers of active gp face one another, OR if they do the rewards should be given from the same tier at least. Make one of them go up or down. The lower guild comes up for better rewards (yay), or the higher guilds comes down (sorry , easy match- bad rewards).

Fighting against one another for different potential rewards is just jacked up. No one sees this?
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    Options

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Broken-matchmaking-Facing-a-guild-with-60-million-more-gp-in-TW/m-p/6672035#M9906

Here.

Thanks. This is actually not what I’m talking though. The bad matchups are known, I am specifically talking about the different and separate rewards being the worst and most unjust part of these bad matchups.
  • Gawejn
    1113 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand what he is writing. And somehow he is right. Very right. Two guilds fighting for the same rewards would be a big problem if they have different brackets. Or maybe no. Solution would be good if guild would receive rewards from higher or lower bracket.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    I’m probably in the very minority on this. I actually love the so called “tw mismatch” bug.

Gross mismatch in our favor = quick and easy win
    Gross mismatch against us = set it and forget it

Either way sooo much less time spent on tw. I wish every tw from now on is like this even if it’s against us every time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Here.

Thanks. This is actually not what I’m talking though. The bad matchups are known, I am specifically talking about the different and separate rewards being the worst and most unjust part of these bad matchups.

Each guild has a chance to get rewards for their own rating, there is nothing wrong with that. If they were 200k over and the other 200k under a prize break it would be no different. If you have no issue with the matching then the prizes are as simple as that.
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

I read and understand exactly how it works. What some of you are obviously not picking up on, is the fact that guild and my guild faced each other. Why is this happening and how could any of you possibly defend that this ok? We fight the same war against one another for different rewards.

I’m not compaling that higher gp guilds earn better rewards than my guild.
    I’m fine with my guilds reward being level banded and only eligible for what we qualify.

I’m just saying in no instance ever should two guilds in separate tiers of active gp face one another, OR if they do the rewards should be given from the same tier at least. Make one of them go up or down. The lower guild comes up for better rewards (yay), or the higher guilds comes down (sorry , easy match- bad rewards).

Fighting against one another for different potential rewards is just jacked up. No one sees this?

I understand fully what your saying and I agree it is not fair. We fought a guild 3 brackets below us the other day. That's not a fair fight in anyone's books and they knew that there wasn't any point competing as it was a one-sided fight
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible idea. I'll side with the devs and the current system that balances in relation to active GP.
  • Options
    @Strubz, You guys handed our legion our first lose in TW very impressive squads you guys have! Enjoyed the challenge and hope we pose more of a challenge the next time, look forward to matching up against you guys in the future when we are stronger.
  • Options
    I don't understand the design goal behind matching a lower prize tier guild with a higher tier one. How does this benefit the publisher? It only seems to encourage frustration in the disadvantaged guild and do nothing for the advantaged guild.
  • Arsnall
    103 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Mob bot makes a very good point. A match should have one set of rewards. If the matching algorithm (which feels like it is broken) says Guild A vs Guild B is fair then let them have the same prize. A boxer fighting in a higher weight class doesn’t get a smaller purse.

Bigger picture though, giving some guilds “easy wins” for the same prize when other guilds in the same bracket don’t is no fair and will no doubt be exploited. And if you happen to be in a guild who’s rosters make you get lopsided matches, you are going to see ppl getting kicked to further game the system.

Suggestions:
    1. Align prizes with matching algorithm
    2. Tweak the matching algorithm please.

• Options
    Hey @Mega_Man , we used to be in Breaking Point together. Bummer about the mismatch but was good seeing your name pop up again.
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • Skibum
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, you guys deserve mad props for the effort you put forth. The strategy you guys used was a smart play and I commend you for the leadership and trying even though it was an uphill battle. Being an underdog is never fun, but you guys should be proud of yourselves.

Skibum
  • Options
    Based on your pictures -

If 120M guild wins and 100M guild loses, 120 gets more (3/1/1475) and 100 gets less (1/1/1150).
    If 100M guild wins and 120M guild loses, 100 gets more (2/1/1400) and 120 gets less (2/1/1250).

What's unfair about that?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    The GP matchup is based on who in the guild is actually in the TW, so the total guild GP doesn’t mean much at all. That’s why they wait to match until everyone is locked in...it matches the GP of who is actually there.
  • Hadhafang
    29 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    These last 2 Territory wars have been extremely demoralising for my guild . Before we were sitting at 12 wins and 1 loss .
    However in the ‘adjusting ‘ cg have done our first opponent had 25mil more GP then us and or second had 14 mil .
    To put this in perspective our first opponent had on average 25 x more 100k meta teams then us the second 14 ...
    Something really needs to be adjusted as it completely destroys any guild moral being completely and Utterly crushed regardless of tactics .
    I really hope CG re-evaluate the ‘tweaks’ they have made as its slowly but surely driving players away from even bothering .
  • Todyn
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Any updates on this?
  • Options
    Promised an update nearly a week ago and we go ZERO.
    @CG_CapGaSP since Carrie didn't seem it important to say anything care to venture a guess?

Let me guess we reviewed the data and scores are in line with the previous TW when the new scoring is stripped away. Even though that's because most guilds are having to put up walls of 50k defense.
  • Options
    Any update on this?
    Another TW matchmaking of the same will probably see half my guild walking away from the game.
    Its not just the matchmaking issue but other things too.
    TW for most is the best part of the game prior to the matchmaking issue.
    HAAT & HPIT why fun have been completed.
    Sith raid is too hard at the moment (but i have ensured members HAAT was similar when first launched and it will become easier), also rewards are pretty rubbish.
    TB is just too long for the rewards given (this needs a shake up in my opinion and constantly having phase 5 & 6 on weekends makes it more of a struggle).

TW gives decent rewards and is fun when the matchmaking is fair. When its totally broken with 20 and 25 more mil guilds then why bother.

Your public awaits some announcement. Not too long now before the next one and we havent heard anything, more interested in nerfing your precious raid.
  • Options
    I did contact support and they suggested I add my voice to the forum because the developers read all the feedback here, so here I am.

I agree with those who say that both guilds in a war should be playing for the same reward tier. Either the matchmaking prevents cross tier match ups or both guilds play for the same rewards. It is against the nature of the game to give one guild an overwhelming advantage so that the disadvantaged guild is only playing for a loss.

I enjoy a challenge but there comes a point where the difficulty is insurmountable at which point it is no longer a competition.
  • Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Over a week ago we were promised an update on the cluster of problems that are now evident after the supposed quality of life update. We are only a few days away from another round of how much are you willing to suffer for a few zeta.

Can we get this update? It was edited to remove the thought it would be merged....well look here IT WAS.
    Post edited by Notnukin on
  • Options
    They promised an update and this patch mentioned fixing the matchmaking but not the squad requirements. Well done CG well done to ignore a promise you made. YOU ask for trust and ignore a promise you made and your moderators screen shot into other conversations.
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    Options
    KrakenFabs wrote: »
    The GP matchup is based on who in the guild is actually in the TW, so the total guild GP doesn’t mean much at all. That’s why they wait to match until everyone is locked in...it matches the GP of who is actually there.

That's why I posted the pics. I'm not ranting in ignorance...the screenshots clearly show **active** gp