Why is Boba Fett so lame?

Prev1
One of the most popular characters in the movie franchise. He has so many potential attacks and he fires two little wrist rockets. He has his blaster rifle, a rocket on his back, a wrist flame thrower, and a grappling hook. Why is he so lame in the game? The bounty hunters should be bad assess in the game.

Replies

• Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    Why? Helmet fog...the struggle is real. He is on my d team for now maybe one day he will be more useful
  • Options
    You can literally use the same argument for basically every character, and obviously you cannot make every character that powerful. For that matter, if you're talking about the weapons at hand, the Jedi and Sith all have lightsabers. How does it take more than one hit against any non lightsaber character?
  • Johnnyudes
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When Disney got rid of all expanded universe stuff, the got rid of everything that made Boba Fett badass. From what is canon, he is only a failed avenging orphan who bacame a bounty hunter that managed to follow the rebels and warn the empire in time.... nothing more.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I dunno but I LOVE your avatar profile pic thing, Vangoh!
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    When Disney got rid of all expanded universe stuff, the got rid of everything that made Boba Fett badass. From what is canon, he is only a failed avenging orphan whod bacame a bounty hunter that manage to follow the rebels and warn the empire in time.... nothing more.

This. People just liked him from the original movies cause of his cool suit and "No disintegrations!" So they wrote a bunch of stuff about him that ended up being non canon now. He really was lackadaisical and nothing like his father, got lucky with following the Millennium Falcon to Cloud City. The battle at the Sarlac pit was embarrassing.
  • Options
    He will always have a cool name, they can't take that away from him.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    But he's getting his own movie though...

• Killgire1981
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    When Disney got rid of all expanded universe stuff, the got rid of everything that made Boba Fett badass. From what is canon, he is only a failed avenging orphan whod bacame a bounty hunter that manage to follow the rebels and warn the empire in time.... nothing more.

This. People just liked him from the original movies cause of his cool suit and "No disintegrations!" So they wrote a bunch of stuff about him that ended up being non canon now. He really was lackadaisical and nothing like his father, got lucky with following the Millennium Falcon to Cloud City. The battle at the Sarlac pit was embarrassing.
    It's not Boba's fault that Lucas doesn't know how to kill off a character properly. I guess he got a kick out of making the most badass ones die like chumps. Fett falls into a sarlacc pit, Mace gets thrown out a window, Sidious gets picked up and dropped, Maul (though I realize he survived with the coming on Clone Wars, but for a good 10+ years he was dead) stands there and watches Obi Wan cut him in half. The list goes on.

What really bothers me about Fett, and could actually make him a pretty solid character if changed, is his speed. He was known for being quick and agile but he's slow as hell.

• Options
    They should give him CT-5's riposte in addition to his current skills. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »

Unless we find that Mace Windu survived and the movie is Boba killing Mace and bringing his lightsaber to Darth Vader / The Emperor, saying that this one job was free of charge, it will be a disapointment.
  • Options

Unless we find that Mace Windu survived and the movie is Boba killing Mace and bringing his lightsaber to Darth Vader / The Emperor, saying that this one job was free of charge, it will be a disapointment.
    We also don't know the timeframe of the movie. It could be a prequel to IV, V, and VI, and Fett will still have died like a chump.

• Options
    Boba had some more canon story than that. Ever watch clone wars? He took on Jedi as a child and **** near killed Anakin in a trap. He also proved he was far superior than his clone brothers.
  • Options
    Well, he doesn't die for another 1,000 years. Maybe more cause of needing to digest that suit.
  • Face2Face
    81 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Death by burb...

I agree, he should at least use the gun he's holding in his hand...
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    You can literally use the same argument for basically every character, and obviously you cannot make every character that powerful. For that matter, if you're talking about the weapons at hand, the Jedi and Sith all have lightsabers. How does it take more than one hit against any non lightsaber character?

I'm not even saying he has to be super powerful but why so lazy in his attacks? At least some variety. And even if they did write out a lot of canon stuff he was still supposedly one of the most feared bounty hunters in Star Wars.
  • Options
    I dunno but I LOVE your avatar profile pic thing, Vangoh!

Thanks, I painted it for an art show.
  • Options
    At max ability level his 45% critical damage leader buff is pretty bad ash! I have him sitting around un-leveled right now. However...I borrowed him in DS the other day and paired him with a Poggle led droid squad. I was seeing higher critical hits than I have ever seen! Then I fought against him in arena and he revived himself 4 times in a row. Talk about bad RNG!!

But yes... As one of my favorite original SW characters he is a bit lame damage wise on his own but his leadership skill and self revive is pretty cool.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Boba didn't die. I saw him come back on Robot Chicken.

10ho9xt.jpg
  • Options
    **** should be a lot better but can't you say that about all the scoundrels on the game?
  • Options
    **** should be a lot better but can't you say that about all the scoundrels on the game?

Indeed
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

10ho9xt.jpg

Love the robot chicken with fett in the sarlacc trying not to cry about how he got there
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo10xiHvR_c
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The battle at the Sarlac pit was embarrassing.
    The return of the Jedi as a whole was embarrassing. But it is a controversial thing to say because so many die-hard fans want to believe that the original trilogy is perfect.

This is a movie where a dozen of furry balls who look like Teddy Bears destroy a destacament of the most feared troopers in the univers using pointy sticks and a few stones. Including an armored walker. Boba Fett comical death Willie E. Coyote style is nothing in comparison.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    The return of the Jedi as a whole was embarrassing. But it is a controversial thing to say because so many die-hard fans want to believe that the original trilogy is perfect.

This is a movie where a dozen of furry balls who look like Teddy Bears destroy a destacament of the most feared troopers in the univers using pointy sticks and a few stones. Including an armored walker. Boba Fett comical death Willie E. Coyote style is nothing in comparison.

I keep my thoughts on the original to myself for this very reason lol. I feared I was the only one that found the teddy bears comical.
  • Options

I keep my thoughts on the original to myself for this very reason lol. I feared I was the only one that found the teddy bears comical.

Trust me you're not alone. I equate ROTJ to the prequels. ROTJ is when Lucas started getting goofy
  • Options

10ho9xt.jpg

With a shotgun no less.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    vangoh wrote: »

Trust me you're not alone. I equate ROTJ to the prequels. ROTJ is when Lucas started getting goofy

Between the game and new movie I've decided to watch them all again in order and I have found that I dislike 90% of episode I but am going to ride it out so I can make my list since I haven't seen them in many years. Episode II later tonight.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    vangoh wrote: »

I preffer The Force Awakens to the Return of the Jedi by a large margin. And to be honest, I like The Revenge of the Sith more too (I know, I know, blasphemy)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    They should just remake that entire Endor ground battle. Turn Ewoks into scary, creepy, savage little jungle monkeys. Show stormtroopers bleeding and getting eaten and hacked up. lol

Turn then into Wookies. Which was the original script, you know. Until someone realized teddy bear toys sell a lot