NicWester wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Fürkész wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Krokovich wrote: »
    Its gonna be easier to convince whole world to get rid of daylight savings

Just like convincing the whole world to give up the imperial measurement system. Oh wait I guess the US will not be leading the charge lol.

No malice intended just poking fun guys
    Fahrenheit is better for measuring temperature and its relative comfort for people.

Celsius is more logical and much more comfort to people.

Fahrenheit gives you a better useful range when expressing the weather--you can talk about 10F and 90F and feel uncomfortable, but alive, in both. You'll feel significantly worse in 90C.

whut !?

Yeah, I didn’t really explain that very well, sorry.

Basically, both systems are the same when it comes to measuring, right? It’s not like feet, which are in base 12, and meters, in base 10. Right? Both Celsius and Fahrenheit are in base 10. They increase at different rates, but the relation between the two systems is constant—there’s a simple formula that will always accurately convert one to the other. So, point being, they’re both good systems, it just depends what one you’re used to.

Fahrenheit is better for measuring weather, though, because it has a wider range of temperatures that humans are used to. It’s more detailed, right? If both Celsius and Fahrenheit were meter sticks, for example, the Celsius stick would have decimeters marked off on it, but Fahrenheit’s stick would have centimeters.

Too eleborate of an explanation, i should have specified my "whut?".
    What i meant was that i don't understand how it's easier to have 10 to 90F instead of -12 to 32C. Below 0 is freezing, wich makes it not being a positive number usefull instead of anoying. Come to think of it, C fits 'americans" much better than F. ;)

10-90F is an 80 point range. -12 to 32 is only a 44 point range (almost half as many). The larger number of "points" in a given range make for a more detailed picture of the situation.

certainly, but i don't feel the difference between 5C and 6C when i'm taking a stroll down the beach, it's both rather cold ;)
    Measuring body temperature on the other hand, or other activities that require more precision, F would definately be preferable (unless you're used to C obviously and vice versa).

Cold??? That's shorts weather.

you crazy man, where do you live? the North pole ?!? ;)

It does sometimes feel that way lol. I have a very wide range of climate below -40 in the winter, can get above 40C (104F) in the summer.