GW RNG seed # is PER character.

I learned that each character has his own RNG based on a locked Seed number.

After swapping out my team countless times, I noticed that no matter who I hit, GS will ALWAYS miss his first attack, and Lumi will ALWAYS miss her first 2 attacks (yes, bad luck, I know.... That seems consistent with me).

Dunno if this is helpful for anyone, but moving your team around won't reset the RNG...
They are locked per character.

Replies

• Options
    For the record, I took both GS and Lumi (and everyone else) out several times, and each time I out them back in, same thing...
  • Options
    That's not true. You just had really bad luck. I find when Sid doesn't cause heal immune if I move him around I'll likely find a position in which he will cause heal immune to the same target. Sometimes yes no matter where I move him the heal immune gets resisted but that's just bad luck like flipping a coin 5 times and all five times it lands on tails when you needed heads.
  • Options
    But the odds of this are about a trillion to one... That's impossible.

Tried every target with GS, same thing. Took him out, retreated, put him back in, tried every target, same thing. Did this 3 times, same thing.

And the few times I decided to play a few turns. Lumi missed her first two attacks.

This CANT be just random bad luck...
  • Options
    But the odds of this are about a trillion to one... That's impossible.

Tried every target with GS, same thing. Took him out, retreated, put him back in, tried every target, same thing. Did this 3 times, same thing..
    Change your leader and tell us what happens

• Options
    I tested this with Dooku a while back. While keeping the leader consistent, I was able to move Dooku around in the team and he would target a different hero each time with the same result.

Changing the leader changed all of it.
  • Options
    The "R" in RNG stands for random. Now what the probabilties are for certain characters versus other or if they're the same across the board I couldn't say, but it has to be random. Bad luck my friend, stay away from slot machines.
  • Options
    This was discussed by a dev
    So when entering the same battle with the same team, the result will always be exactly the same (hits and AI choices)
    If you change the position of characters, change what you do in the match, or use a different team, then the AI will do something different
  • Options
    Using a specific seed for a RNG guarantees the same sequence of rolls every time you run through it. If that seed generates a really crappy first roll, you're probably not going to hit anybody, regardless of who you target. It could also give you an awesome roll where you're certain to any target or it can fall somewhere in between where you'll hit some characters and miss others.

In the relatively rare cases where your initial roll is so bad you can't hit anybody, no matter what attack you choose or who you target, I think your only options are to suck it up and power through it or swap out the toon for a different one.
  • Options
    SamIAmx77 wrote: »
    The "R" in RNG stands for random. Now what the probabilties are for certain characters versus other or if they're the same across the board I couldn't say, but it has to be random. Bad luck my friend, stay away from slot machines.

Nope.

Computer based RNG is pseudo-random. Which isn't really random at all.
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Positioning also seems to play a big role. I noticed switching potions, for example the far right front row of my team would always be Force Lightning'd by Dooku and would always be stunned. Only swapping in a completely new character(s) or chosing a new skill and target at the start would change this. Knowing this makes GW incredibly easy
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    I have noticed the "random" was taken out of the gw match ups.

If you leave your team the same their attacks do the same thing over and over same with the ai. You can actually use this to target who gets the first couple of hits. A Jedi getting hit with dooku lighting first off swap the Jedi to a non Jedi. Dooku will hit the same spot again. Same with sid on the rare occasion he doesn't start with his age you can pick with character gets hit with heal immunity.

The only ways I havefound to change it I some else has shared is move some characters around so they attack from a different spot. In the same spot it is the same results. The new trick I learned but have yet to try is change your leader start battle retreat and then change back. This will give each character a new script. Meant to try it today but was short on time.