Matchups fixed???

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I'm so sick of this load of tripe. My guild is 91M GP and we just got slaughtered. Our opponents will have had 152 teams on defense, 19 per tile and I'm not even talking about ships. They levied 237 attacks against us and obliterated our defense. Their defense was stacked with the typical G12 CLS, JTR, Maul, GK/Barris stuff. What did they even have left to use to wipe us out? Who effing knows? Territory Wars and this mismatching is an effing joke. J O K E. What are players supposed to think after this over and over and over? Ooh, close, well played, you bested us!

So sick of the way this game has gotten. Seriously.
  • Options
    We had a 30M disadvantage but still ended up winning. They need to be a little more even across the board. I can understand a 10M difference, but anything more is a bit unfair in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think we're mismatched too, but I can't look into it because the other guild has one of those obnoxious common names that pops up ten 1/50 guilds (can't find them on swgoh.gg either; Chevaliers de la Force hollar atchu bb). We have 42 people signed up, but can only set 15 squads in each territory, meaning the other guild has ~30; so we're either against some guys with much stronger/deeper rosters than our average, or we're about to overwhelm the poor kittens.

This is our issue... We had 6 more players this GW, but that does not mean anything when the other teams rosters are sooo much stronger.

The player numbers participating has to factor into the algorithms. Lately, its the times where we have been matched with big guilds that have lower participating players is when we get walked over.

If its the same numbers on both sides the war is usually really close and comes down to a couple of hundred points as to who wins
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Came to my attention that the guild that destroyed mine has about the same GP as my guild. Except that it's packed in to 20 players whereas ours is spread out over 50. So I guess a guild can have 20 members at 3.5M and the rest at 1M or less, just junk accounts, probably weak secondary accounts. So the opposing guild ends up with a false average and it gets us matched against substantially more powerful guild, and since it's all coming down to each PvP attempt we get obliterated and loose by around 4500 points.

I would consider that an exploit.
  • Options
    Check reporting guilds for solution.
  • Options
    131 to 131 here
  • Options
    if "active GP is misleading" why do we tend to get trounced by guilds with 15-20mil more GP than we have?
    up to the last round we were on 22 wins when going up against evenly matched overall-GP guilds
    we've now lost 3 in a row cause we keep getting a 90 vs 125mil matchup :open_mouth:
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    We're 70M and got a 90M opponent
  • Options
    I am assuming that the devs are aiming for every TW to be competitive but we, a 100m GP guild, very rarely seem to get this. We tend to either slaughter our opponents or be slaughtered. We have only had one or two close matches. While the matchmaking algorithms theoretically should preclude overall guild GP having an influence on outcome there is undoubtedly some correlation between relative guild GP and result. Every trouncing we have dished out has been against weaker GP guilds and every trouncing we've been on the end of has been against stronger GP guilds (who obviously have fewer but much stronger players participating than us).

It's clear the algorithm still doesn't work as intended and the simple reason is that the power distribution curve for guild GP is not linear. Higher GP guilds have earlier access to the most powerful toons, toons that can have similar power ratings but are appreciably more effective in Arena-style combat. Traya has the same max power as Old ben and GM Yoda for example, Sion the same as IG88. Higher GP guilds are also more likely to have paying players and whales who focus their spending on power leveling specific high-end toons. A single maxed out Enfys Nest, Wampa, Sion etc. defensive team can bring our entire guild's TW progress to a standstill. Why not matchmake based on a weighted score system that accounts for the effective Arena power of these toons not the guild's overall GP?

The problem that is being created with all these mismatches is that, as with the completely tedious Sith raid below heroic level, guild members are simply going to lose interest and stop contributing fully (as has already happened with raids for us).
  • Options
    Last tw was 114m us v 128m them. This one we're 115 and they're 135m. What's next, fighting team instinct?
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    75 to 91 here. You cannot rely on the GP though as well are always beating guilds with 30+ mil higher GP than us and it depends on how many people sign up and other factors i imagine