Best strategy to allocate purple blowdriers

So I finally got 50 of them, after 6 weeks of farming. But, 3 of my main squad chars need it and I can't decide how to allocate the set where it will have most impact. All chars in question are max everything except for the hair drier slot.
First option, give it to one of the 3 on main squad:
1. Luminara, 2.7% increase of the agi stat.
2. Dooku, 3.2% increase
3. Ventress, 3.5% increase
It looks like Dooku or Ventress will benefit the most from the blowdriers.

Second option, hold until level increase, when I can use it in mk3 fusioin furnace, at level 73. This give a more substantial increase in stats. I know that after level increase, we will be able to farm these, so it may not be very useful to hoard.

Third option, keep collecting them until I need them ( difficulty in arena, etc).

Any suggestions?

Ally Code: 253-747-318

Replies

• Options
    once they raise the level cap, I think the purple blowdriers and hand cuffs will be available in the daily challenges. Definitely put it on Dooku for now. Then Lumi. Unless ventress gets a speed buff, she's not that great for anything but GW
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I'd simply put on the character that you're using the most. I need several hundred of these so I understand wanting to make a solid choice.

If it were me and those were my three options, I would put it on Dooku first. He's regularly rotated into my arena teams and since I employ a balance/controller team for GW, he ends up being used for lots of battles. Lumi is awesome, but I rarely use her because I haven't geared her up (haven't had the need to yet). Either of these two would be a good option.

There's mixed feelings on Ventress. I know some people who are really into her, but I personally don't think she brings enough to the table to warrant prioritizing her over the other two heroes.

In the end, you should do what makes you happy. Good luck!

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I used mine on Lumi, but kinda regret it. Now I have a bunch of toons that need them who is prioritize over Lumi.

Dooku is a solid option though, he's a top toon in the meta atm. I'd say him or wait
  • Options
    6weeks for 50 blowdryers? It took me 5 days using 2 refreshes per day
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @ OP. Def Dooku
  • Options
    ReyOP wrote: »
    6weeks for 50 blowdryers? It took me 5 days using 2 refreshes per day

RNG Gods are on your side. I'm on day 11 @ 2 refreshes per day. 42/50
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! It was 6 weeks because I only used energy left over from farming (using 2 refreshes), and the RNG has been so bad that I often went 0 / 12 during a day.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    6 weeks as well, sitting at 45/65 hoping for 5* early next week. Also another one that is a pain is Kylo, but he is sitting at 40/65 maybe in two weeks I dunno.
  • Options
    Never mind the blowdryers, farming the stun cuffs has got me pulling my hair out.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Never mind the blowdryers, farming the stun cuffs has got me pulling my hair out.

Ugh it's a nightmare farming those right now
  • Options
    TweetTromp wrote: »
    I'd simply put on the character that you're using the most. I need several hundred of these so I understand wanting to make a solid choice.

If it were me and those were my three options, I would put it on Dooku first. He's regularly rotated into my arena teams and since I employ a balance/controller team for GW, he ends up being used for lots of battles. Lumi is awesome, but I rarely use her because I haven't geared her up (haven't had the need to yet). Either of these two would be a good option.

There's mixed feelings on Ventress. I know some people who are really into her, but I personally don't think she brings enough to the table to warrant prioritizing her over the other two heroes.

In the end, you should do what makes you happy. Good luck!

This posters advice is a well thought out and wise perspective.
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »

Ugh it's a nightmare farming those right now

I know right? There's only one normal and one hard node to farm on and they're 10/20 energy.

Can't wait for level 8 unlock when we'll have more options , I'm drowning in Mk1 keyboards and Mk4 Nubian scanners from trying to farm the elusive cuffs.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Agreed. I can go through 3-4 refreshes and get maybe a few some days. Those challenges will be a welcome gift
  • Options
    FWIW if you use all of those toons then put it on the one that will get you the most when they increase the level cap.

For example I need 50 mk 6 heroin syringes for Geo Soldier. He's already gear 9. To reach gear 10 he will also need the mk 6 Nubian Frisbee but won't be able to equip that until level 79. Meanwhile Sid has the same drug addiction. However his last equipment slot on gear 8 (which requires another 50 syringes) can be hit at 73. So I'm likely going to get more working on getting him to gear 9 at level 3 than waiting for level 79 to get GS to gear 10.

Basically don't worry too much about it today but instead look at what will be open to you to advance gear levels in a few weeks*.