Payout nightmare situation, this isn't fair!

2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Take first early and lock yourself. Once your battle is over, refresh and lock again.
    If you are working solo, that’s your only choice.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the system to be changed.

LMAO, dude I would literally have to spend more crystals than I would get from the rewards in order to do that

Not really, spend 50 crystals to earn a 100 more.

Hhm, well not if you have to lock yourself more than once and not if you sometimes have to spend another 50 to buy 5 more attempts because you just got out of a back and forth with people.

If I'm sitting at 10th and I have to battle either 7 or 6 and they both are fighting for the same payout then I can't steer clear off them.

Also if I climb too soon I can get picked off back to back. It's happened to me before to climb to 1 early and then drop from 1 to 5 and from 5 to 9. If they coordinate their attacks then the one leaves me and the other one picks me the same moment.
    doesn't matter, it's still 50 for 100 regardless of whether you needed to spend 50 to get #4 or not.

Some times I've ended up in 1 and I bought a refresh to get to lock myself and then I realized there's noone open for me to fight cause 4,3 and 2 are in combat so I just wasted 50 crystals and I'm vulnerable to whoever is in 5th cause I can't lock myself
    Yes, that does suck.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Also from another perspective:

I’ve been playing competitively in arena for a long time and spending a lot of resources (and some real money occasionally) to keep myself on top.
    Now suddenly the arenas have changed such that way more people can climb up to the top without making the same investment I have been for the past 2 years.
    There is literally no amount of money I could spend to make my team immune to being beaten by someone with 1M less GP than me.

From that perspective, can you blame them for working together to keep others away and protect their investments? Also: Do you think that if the rules changed to something more “fair” for you that players like them would keep on spending to improve when there is no incentive to do so?

I don't think that spending should determine how high you place or how easily you can do it. I think spending should not grant you a free pass to winning and that you'd still have to put in the work.

Of course spenders shall have an advantage. Stop being silly. It's not a free pass to winning. F2p can rank 1st as well.

• Options
    Take first early and lock yourself. Once your battle is over, refresh and lock again.

LMAO, dude I would literally have to spend more crystals than I would get from the rewards in order to do that

Hhm, well not if you have to lock yourself more than once and not if you sometimes have to spend another 50 to buy 5 more attempts because you just got out of a back and forth with people.

If I'm sitting at 10th and I have to battle either 7 or 6 and they both are fighting for the same payout then I can't steer clear off them.

Also if I climb too soon I can get picked off back to back. It's happened to me before to climb to 1 early and then drop from 1 to 5 and from 5 to 9. If they coordinate their attacks then the one leaves me and the other one picks me the same moment.
    doesn't matter, it's still 50 for 100 regardless of whether you needed to spend 50 to get #4 or not.

Some times I've ended up in 1 and I bought a refresh to get to lock myself and then I realized there's noone open for me to fight cause 4,3 and 2 are in combat so I just wasted 50 crystals and I'm vulnerable to whoever is in 5th cause I can't lock myself
    Yes, that does suck.

I just wish there was a way so that payout depends only on you rather than everyone else
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Yes, that does suck.

I just wish there was a way so that payout depends only on you rather than everyone else

It’s pvp.
  • Options

Yes, that does suck.

It’s pvp.

Well this shouldn't prevent it from rewarding individual effort. Also most competitive pvp games have rules and prevents player collusion. Other games will literally ban you if they realize you are "teaming" with other players to ensure fairness and real competition. So since you can't do that in this game you at least give more power to individual effort and less to group collusion.
  • Options
    I’ve thrown out a lot of ideas about solving this before. Here’s a different one that would be easy to implement. What about reducing the battle timer from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. We had 5 minutes on 1x. Now with 4x speed a reduction in the timer would seem appropriate. That leaves less time with people just sitting there doing nothing waiting for time to nearly expire so they can’t be hit. People partnering up would still have a huge advantage, but a group of 2 could no longer perma lock without using refreshes.
  • Options
    I’ve thrown out a lot of ideas about solving this before. Here’s a different one that would be easy to implement. What about reducing the battle timer from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. We had 5 minutes on 1x. Now with 4x speed a reduction in the timer would seem appropriate. That leaves less time with people just sitting there doing nothing waiting for time to nearly expire so they can’t be hit. People partnering up would still have a huge advantage, but a group of 2 could no longer perma lock without using refreshes.

Well that would hurt players going up against Zarriss teams, or super tank teams. It's not enough time to kill them. Sometimes those Zarriss teams can take almost the entire time, unless you have nightsisters or Rey, or even Palpatine zeta. However generally speaking for players in that category it would be literally impossible to beat Zarriss in 3 minutes
  • Options

Imagine facing a GK, Zarriss, Chirrut, Baze, Nihilus team, there's no way 3 minutes is enough, even 5 can come close if you stall a bit
  • Options
    The real issue is that there are people in timezones with a lot of competition for 1st and then there's timezones where may be 1 or 2 people climb. The system isn't fair for all and this has nothing to do with spenders and non spenders.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    The real issue is that there are people in timezones with a lot of competition for 1st and then there's timezones where may be 1 or 2 people climb. The system isn't fair for all and this has nothing to do with spenders and non spenders.

Honestly, it's amazing how little is being complained about that. Not just the timezones, but also the difference in competitiveness alltogether (including spending) between different leaderboards.
  • Options

Honestly, it's amazing how little is being complained about that. Not just the timezones, but also the difference in competitiveness alltogether (including spending) between different leaderboards.

People don't complain because not everyone has a competitive spirit or because they have taken advantage of shard collusion against others themselves.

Arena has been a p2w for the most part for a while, but now that more and more teams are becoming viable for climbing you have way more people in this situation. This is particularly true in fleet arena since the over powered chimaera has allowed alot of players to make climbs

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

People don't complain because not everyone has a competitive spirit or because they have taken advantage of shard collusion against others themselves.

Arena has been a p2w for the most part for a while, but now that more and more teams are becoming viable for climbing you have way more people in this situation. This is particularly true in fleet arena since the over powered chimaera has allowed alot of players to make climbs

whut?
  • Options

whut?

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant, I thought you were saying something else
  • Options

whut?

I thought you meant that people don't complain about it because it's not an issue. Miss understood, I agree, people should in fact point out the fact that the difference in competitiveness between time zones is creating unfair advantages and disadvantages for players.