Royal guard verdict

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If you spend your first round attacking RG when Rey, Jinn and GS are on the team, you've effectively "self-taunted" and you are going to lose. Badly.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I wonder how people are beating me then. I have QGJ lead, anakin, rey, gs and RG. Maybe they 1 shot rey, or something. Who knows.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, no squad of mine can beat them.

Then you must have undergeared toons and a bad team.
    I suggest you max you toons, and star them up. Then you will beat any team and any team would beat you, as the rest of Arena top people is doing with or without RG, Poe, etc.
    Luckily for everyone, they created a viable tank other than Poe, and completely balanced first try.

• Options
    You cannot judge a character by how well it defends. I have beat AI teams with what you would think are insurmountable power differences/squad makeup.
  • Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    Then you must have undergeared toons and a bad team.

Thank you for that incredibly useless response. I already said I have only a few 7* and 6* and none are chromium-exclusives. I am currently sitting at #3 on my shard. Considering I have spent 1/20th of what these guys have, that is not bad.
    Since you're so uber, feel free to post a video of you destroying a team like the one I described. I'll wait.
  • Options
    @Triqui: Rey is a woman mate. Watch the Seventh Movie, because obviously you haven't yet, which means you're probably doing something wrong with your life.
    "I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
    ~Rey to Kylo Ren
  • Options
    Altmanizer wrote: »
    @Triqui: Rey is a woman mate. Watch the Seventh Movie, because obviously you haven't yet, which means you're probably doing something wrong with your life.

Englidh is my second language and my mobile autocorrect is not in english.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I wonder how people are beating me then. I have QGJ lead, anakin, rey, gs and RG. Maybe they 1 shot rey, or something. Who knows.

Mine is the same pretty much but it gets beaten by similar squads. I'm gonna try leaving my annoying team next.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    @Qeltar
    What squad are you currently running in arena that can't beat them?
    Doesn't matter, no squad of mine can beat them. Granted I am no whale and have only a few 7* and 6*, but these fights aren't even close.
    One is Jinn / RG / Daka / Rey / GS, all 7* except RG. Do you have any idea how annoying Daka is with RG? There is nothing I can throw at this team where I have a prayer of winning. 7* Rey has 10k. If you don't finish her off, you are toast. If you AoE, RG goes first and buffs everyone, and you are again toast.
    Second is almost the same but with Yoda instead of Daka. Haven't even tried him yet.
    Really I have no business even being in the top 5 on this shard, lol. I am sure I am only here because it's 90 minutes until reward time, but it's fun to play with the big boys even if it's when they aren't paying attention. :)
    I said at the time of the announcement that RG looked OP and got the usual "you don't know, blah calling for nerf before it even comes out" nonsense. Well, it is turning out pretty close to what I and a few others expected. It's not "Poe 143" bad, but it's pretty bad.

I'm glad to hear you are back to right in the top10 after being slipping a few weeks ago.

The thing here is: would you be able to defeat those teams if they had, say, Old Ben, or Leia, or Poe?
    I thibk RG is a cool addition. He has his place and I'm happy to see tanks that can taunt and tank. I still dont see how he can become something remotely close to Poe.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    [Edit: doble post
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear you are back to right in the top10 after being slipping a few weeks ago.
    Actually I think you gave me an important tip there: get away from the "crowd". I've started spending 50 crystals and doing 10 fights per day instead of 5. It has made a huge difference, well worth the crystals even if I don't make them back (I usually do) and avoids me getting pushed down the charts. So thanks for that.
    The thing here is: would you be able to defeat those teams if they had, say, Old Ben, or Leia, or Poe?
    I thibk RG is a cool addition. He has his place and I'm happy to see tanks that can taunt and tank. I still dont see how he can become something remotely close to Poe.

Probably. I don't think RG is as bad as "Poe 143". And I'm sure those teams can be beaten, just not by me (in fact, I saw one did get pushed down today). I do still think there's a good chance however that RG is not properly balanced.
  • Options
    at the top tier of play there really isn't such a thing as an unbeatable team. you can only minimize how far you will fall.
  • Options
    Ok so hearing "hes gud on offense" "use with lumi, cuz lumi healz them" *presents cherry picked vid of whale stomping FTP team*

Let me tell you something, showing an offense attack vid doesn't show much, you could cherry pick all day and even have a tusken//jawa comp stomp a whale. I have seen AI throw matches on seagull brain decisions.

Look just got number 1 on my shard, beat the whale there running the RG, beat his behind all day, we both were using refreshes. He tried a bunch of combos, he can't hold nothing like when he had Poe. Whale team at 530-6pm, jinn(L) Aayla, GS, RG, dooku. Me sid(L), dooku, phasma, poe, kylo. I'm not saying RG doesn't have uses, but he is not some HaX omg toon. Poe is still far and away better. Saying based on all week sparring with whales running RG, if your defense can't trip me up, I am going to take your spot and hold it. Don't waste your time/crystals chasing a non-meta toon is all I'm trying to say.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    @Qeltar
    What squad are you currently running in arena that can't beat them?
    Doesn't matter, no squad of mine can beat them. Granted I am no whale and have only a few 7* and 6*, but these fights aren't even close.
    One is Jinn / RG / Daka / Rey / GS, all 7* except RG. Do you have any idea how annoying Daka is with RG? There is nothing I can throw at this team where I have a prayer of winning. 7* Rey has 10k. If you don't finish her off, you are toast. If you AoE, RG goes first and buffs everyone, and you are again toast.
    Second is almost the same but with Yoda instead of Daka. Haven't even tried him yet.
    Really I have no business even being in the top 5 on this shard, lol. I am sure I am only here because it's 90 minutes until reward time, but it's fun to play with the big boys even if it's when they aren't paying attention. :)
    I said at the time of the announcement that RG looked OP and got the usual "you don't know, blah calling for nerf before it even comes out" nonsense. Well, it is turning out pretty close to what I and a few others expected. It's not "Poe 143" bad, but it's pretty bad.

This is the reason I'm working on RG and Rey. I need to start on GS but I need like 50 shards to Bariss for 7*. I hate the fact that GS is so fast and such a used toon, one of the reasons I never worked on him. He will prob get a speed nerf or tenacity nerf anyhow. Working on getting his gear up ATM. Luckily I have Dakka at 7*. Not too worried about Yoda.

Eventually I'll have Vader to 6* so I might put him in as leader with RG. That offense up does some work. And who knows, maybe The Emperor will be a decent character to go with Vader, if he's fast. He should be if they follow Battlefront and Episode III logic.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Natok205 wrote: »
    Me sid(L), dooku, phasma, poe, kylo.

LOL, even my crappy little team could beat that.
    Try your team against Jinn, Rey, GS, RG, FOTP or something. If they fixed Yoda's AI you could put him in the last slot and you'd lose all day long.
  • solid77
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    video isn't cherry picked, i can't remember the last time i lost an arena fight (when i'm control)... i beat every team i engage this badly for the most part...there's another vid vs. a droid team with POE on there, where it's even more of a stomping. yes people can beat me, but i barely drop, i think the furthest i've seen myself drop is #9 (average is #4-#6). which means 2-3 people beat me. if you think poe is far more superior than RG you're clueless. is RG better than POE? well that's debatable. however, i think they are both balanced as far as taunting tanks.

it's not about getting #1 as much as it's about not dropping tons of ranks because of a bad team comp. i'm dropping less with this comp than my old poe/old ben comp. and yes i get #1 everyday, and i do see people engage my team and lose when it's near snipe time. my server probably isn't as tough as the other servers out there, but there's definitely a good number of whales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BAkelEks7o&feature=youtu.be

Ok so hearing "hes gud on offense" "use with lumi, cuz lumi healz them" *presents cherry picked vid of whale stomping FTP team*

Let me tell you something, showing an offense attack vid doesn't show much, you could cherry pick all day and even have a tusken//jawa comp stomp a whale. I have seen AI throw matches on seagull brain decisions.

Look just got number 1 on my shard, beat the whale there running the RG, beat his behind all day, we both were using refreshes. He tried a bunch of combos, he can't hold nothing like when he had Poe. Whale team at 530-6pm, jinn(L) Aayla, GS, RG, dooku. Me sid(L), dooku, phasma, poe, kylo. I'm not saying RG doesn't have uses, but he is not some HaX omg toon. Poe is still far and away better. Saying based on all week sparring with whales running RG, if your defense can't trip me up, I am going to take your spot and hold it. Don't waste your time/crystals chasing a non-meta toon is all I'm trying to say.

• Options
    Me sid(L), dooku, phasma, poe, kylo.

LOL, even my crappy little team could beat that.
    Try your team against Jinn, Rey, GS, RG, FOTP or something. If they fixed Yoda's AI you could put him in the last slot and you'd lose all day long.

Lol like the whale hasn't tried that, he has used Rey, leia, FOTP, yoda, jinn, bariss GS, all with RG and lost. He hasn't had 1st in a couple of days. Synergy over stacking low hp toons I smack into the ground.
  • Natok205
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    http://s22.postimg.org/srm7stq7l/image.png

That was tonight 6pm

Onerio is my whale nemesis
  • solid77
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    i like your comp :)

That was tonight 6pm

• Options
    solid77 wrote: »
    video isn't cherry picked, i can't remember the last time i lost an arena fight (when i'm control)... i beat every team i engage this badly for the most part...there's another vid vs. a droid team with POE on there, where it's even more of a stomping. yes people can beat me, but i barely drop, i think the furthest i've seen myself drop is #9 (average is #4-#6). which means 2-3 people beat me. if you think poe is far more superior than RG you're clueless. is RG better than POE? well that's debatable. however, i think they are both balanced as far as taunting tanks.

it's not about getting #1 as much as it's about not dropping tons of ranks because of a bad team comp. i'm dropping less with this comp than my old poe/old ben comp. and yes i get #1 everyday, and i do see people engage my team and lose when it's near snipe time. my server probably isn't as tough as the other servers out there, but there's definitely a good number of whales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BAkelEks7o&feature=youtu.be

Fair enough, you are right, in certain teams Poe is better than say RG. Both have their merits. Droid teams I could see getting a whopping, they are all or nothing and RG would stop 86 and GS from KOing opponents. I rarely lose too in PVP while in control, RNG is always a factor. Grats though at holding your own in your shard. My shard has been quite fierce and top 10 goes back and forth a lot and some days I sacrifice 50 crystals to refresh and hold on to 1 spot.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

That was tonight 6pm

It's kind of funny that you never mentioned that we are actually on the same shard. I know you know this because I use the same name here and there, whereas you are just "Mol Eliza" and so I had no idea that was you. Plus I'm pretty sure you fought me less than an hour ago.
    Certainly makes this more interesting anyway.
    That's not Onerio's normal team.
    You are running a hum-drum bog standard pre-meta AoE team. I've beat it a bunch of times with my lousy sub-optimal team that has two 6* and one 5*.
    I feel pretty confident that only reason you are beating Onerio or Keldanor is that you are trying many times. Actually, I seriously doubt you could beat @Keldanor without a LOT of luck.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Actually I think you gave me an important tip there: get away from the "crowd". I've started spending 50 crystals and doing 10 fights per day instead of 5. It has made a huge difference, well worth the crystals even if I don't make them back (I usually do) and avoids me getting pushed down the charts. So thanks for that.

Probably. I don't think RG is as bad as "Poe 143". And I'm sure those teams can be beaten, just not by me (in fact, I saw one did get pushed down today). I do still think there's a good chance however that RG is not properly balanced.

What's your team? If you still use your stun team, you might lack raw damage to cut through RG in time, maybe.
  • Options

That was tonight 6pm

It's kind of funny that you never mentioned that we are actually on the same shard. I know you know this because I use the same name here and there, whereas you are just "Mol Eliza" and so I had no idea that was you.
    Certainly makes this more interesting anyway.
    That's not Onerio's normal team.
    You are running a hum-drum bog standard pre-meta AoE team. I've beat it a bunch of times with my lousy sub-optimal team that has two 6* and one 5*.
    I feel pretty confident that only reason you are beating Onerio or Keldanor is that you are trying many times. Actually, I seriously doubt you could beat @Keldanor without a LOT of luck.

He's team right before reset was different, that team in the pic was ez. Yes, I missed the name change and I am stuck as mol Eliza a long with a bunch other on our shard. Yes my team is w/e but it wins me crystals beating whales. i refresh once a day for 50 crystals. I have been reliably beating most teams at top with no problem. Yes, keldanors team in the pic would beat my team, but I wouldn't use my team comp on his. I would probably roll jinn, Rey, GS, dooku, Poe.
  • Options
    That's your team? If you still use your stun team, you might lack raw damage to cut through RG in time, maybe.

No, the one time I tried to beat Keldanor I believe I was running my new Jinn / Yoda / Dooku / GS / Lumi team. I tried to take out Rey first, failed, and the game was over. I never expected to beat him. I can beat almost anyone else on the shard now, though against droids I switch completely, over to Jinn / Sid / Dooku / Kylo / GS. Only time I have ever run without a healer. :)
    My Sid isn't even maxed, he needs another of those blasted mark II gels, so he is missing 6 speed.
  • Options
    RG's auto-taunt is much needed in current meta, where slower characters get easily taken down by fast attackers. I have ran a maxed out RG in my line up for the past couple of days. Saved my Rey multiple times after she survived a lost coin toss from the opposite team.

RG might the the character that could help shift the meta towards slower characters being viable in arena.
  • Options
    I've yet to face the 7* Rg plus fast dps. I'd assume the best strategy against it (or the best/only strategy for offense in this game is all fast DPS).

@Qeltar
    If you have the usual f2p suspects I'd have to assume that all fast dps line up can beat every team. Maybe try taking out RG and daka for Sid and lumi. Then try both Sid lead or QGJ lead. Poggle as always makes life easy too. Especially now if you have to kill a toon so RG can't auto taunt.

My shard has been around over 2 months before Christmas.
    My current squad is
    Sid lead 7* max gear(other than hair dryers)
    Lumi 7* max gear(other than hair dryers)
    Poggle 7* max gear
    GS 7* max gear
    HRS 5* max gear
    All level 6-7 abilities other than poggle who is at like 5 because he doesn't need it

Place top 5 everyday and I haven't lost a match on offense in....forever...can't even remember last loss, usually have most toons at full health at end of matches. I can't imagine if any of the whales put max RG on their squad that he would make any difference.
    Say opponent is
    QGJ
    RG
    REY
    GS
    YODA/BEN/any other whale toon

My Sid hits Rey then GS finishes her off 100% of the time so she never gets a move And RG can't taunt. From there it's just HRS, poggle buff, lumi heal game over as my buffed team crit blasts/mows them down.

The AI is just sooo bad since they never focus down 1 toon and constantly attack different toons move to move. If they changed/fixed that so the AI focused on 1 toon at a time it would make the AI wayyyyyyy more difficult. If it wasn't this way GW would actually be impossible, don't see why ppl complain about it as it is now, it's simple if you have 3 good healers and know what your doing. Some matches just take forever till you get the exact right RNG combination
  • Handyandymd
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

So after facing off against my resident server whale who has been running RG, I have come to conclusion that RG is still terrible in Arena. The whale has ran RG with dps, Jinn, Rey, GS, Sid, leia, FOTP. RG failed to protect them and they died from AOE bomb. Whale was 4th and 3rd at payout respectively. Next he tried the heavy HP up method, used bariss lead and had dps GS, jinn, Aayla, and 5s (5s sucks). Again, RG did nothing to protect weak DPS and basically wastes a slot. Even with heals etc, DPS is so high in this game that to be a tank you would have to have 25k plus HP to survive more than 1 turn. Rey made RG her b itch. In short, RG is still shelved until maybe an empire squad emerges. Waiting for the in the defense of RG attacks "but he pwns GW!" Tuskens/ewoks work in GW. RG won't earn you crystals.

I've been playing for two months and realized I know nothing about this game after reading this. If I could just understand it.
  • Options
    So after facing off against my resident server whale who has been running RG, I have come to conclusion that RG is still terrible in Arena. The whale has ran RG with dps, Jinn, Rey, GS, Sid, leia, FOTP. RG failed to protect them and they died from AOE bomb. Whale was 4th and 3rd at payout respectively. Next he tried the heavy HP up method, used bariss lead and had dps GS, jinn, Aayla, and 5s (5s sucks). Again, RG did nothing to protect weak DPS and basically wastes a slot. Even with heals etc, DPS is so high in this game that to be a tank you would have to have 25k plus HP to survive more than 1 turn. Rey made RG her b itch. In short, RG is still shelved until maybe an empire squad emerges. Waiting for the in the defense of RG attacks "but he pwns GW!" Tuskens/ewoks work in GW. RG won't earn you crystals.

I've been playing for two months and realized I know nothing about this game after reading this. If I could just understand it.

Lol made my night bud
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I tried RG in place of 5s. 5s counter damage and speed down on AOE attackers turned out to be a better value on defense.
    Post edited by m0rality on
  • Options
    If you spend your first round attacking RG when Rey, Jinn and GS are on the team, you've effectively "self-taunted" and you are going to lose. Badly.

Oh... this made me realize the pun! RG is basically a red cloth and a stick, so it makes sense that he taunts the heck out of everything that tries to attack. Toro Toro! :tongue:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride