Already tired of EP meta

Prev134
Relies too much on RNG for EP'd stun. Whoever RNG favors at the time wins. Ready for a new meta that isn't solely dependent on RNG.

Replies

• Options
    so run rex
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah fast Rex can beat EP, but it opens itself up for JTR, NS and CLS to beat fast Rex. In theory, the arena is well balanced. IMO
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are other teams that are running just fine in the sea of palp.
  • Options
    I forget to revert my arena team, leave palp team on defence. Surprisingly, i just fall to rank #10 overnight. RNG must be on my palp side :flushed:
  • Options
    The forum asked for this for like a year. Apparently they forget what it looked like the first time around?
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Rex leader needs a Zeta. I think all teammates start with Tenacity UP should stomp out the EP/Vader Meta
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Rex leader needs a Zeta. I think all teammates start with Tenacity UP should stomp out the EP/Vader Meta

Uhmm i don't think so.. bcause even without the zeta he can stomp palp vader meta easily :tongue:

But imo the palp meta will hold for long time. Indication is there's so many people spend $$$ to *7 sion. I've never see before so many people 7 starred marquee char since nihilus come. Won't change anytime soon
  • Options
    The forum asked for this for like a year. Apparently they forget what it looked like the first time around?

I didn't, which is why I never asked for it lol. I've hated his kit since the day it got released
  • Options
    Not having issues beating ep with my shiny new jtr :) defense is really all over the place people moving all day long
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Yeah fast Rex can beat EP, but it opens itself up for JTR, NS and CLS to beat fast Rex. In theory, the arena is well balanced. IMO

Yeah, so I use Rex for offense on Ep then set JTR for defense. Mostly drop within 20th.

Several days ago i forgot to use my last battle to change to JTR, I dropped to 60th sth... ^^"
  • Options
    In theory, the arena is more balanced...but in a launch shard it is 90% EP leads. Perhaps newer shards have more diversity???
  • Options
    On my Aug 2017 shard it's give or take 45% Palp, 35% CLS, 10% JTR and 5% Rex (with a lone Jyn and Kru in between).
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I love all these new EP teams. A lot are undergeared (similar to when the NS first started crashing the ranks) and even the ones that aren't are still an easy win for my CLS rebels.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jursllla
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    in my dec 17 shards its like 40 EP teams 5 NS teams and a few wedge+biggs chaze/cls combinations in top 50. The rebel teams always drops 20 spots each night couse they are 50 second insta win for palp teams.All the nightsister teams are whales with better mods/gear/levels/skills then others so they do very good. But if everything would be equal they would have alot of problems. NS have very good mods and G12 already so cant improve much while g8/9 palp/vader teams can almost climb as high as the whale teams. Its just a matter of time before the palp teams get stronger and equality rissor paper system is reach on my shard couse NS teams cant get better (reached floor). Rebel teams will be better with JTR+droids+ gold gear.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I run a Rex lead team with CLS,Raid Han,Palp and GK,just for the fun of it. :smile:
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot lead droids easily beat any Palp team
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    The thing I don’t like about this meta is all the coin flips. With so much tm gain and everyone trying to get the fastest Vader possible characters often hit full tm at the same time and then it’s a total coin flip who goes next.
  • Options
    That's why I run JTR. I tried running empire for a short time, got bored of it
  • Options
    Nokhai wrote: »
    I run a Rex lead team with CLS,Raid Han,Palp and GK,just for the fun of it. :smile:

How does that do against ep? With the speed bonus to vader and EPs unique damaging rebels?
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I got bored of it quick. And wasn’t gonna whale out on sion like 20 or so did in my shard. So now I run Rex, Wampa, Raid Han, GK and a super fast Thrawn. Just maxed and zetad Wampa, so it’s been a pretty fun ride. able to stay top 50 on D consistently (usually fall to 30-40, but was going 40-50 with EP) and can beat pretty much anyone on my shard
  • Options

I didn't, which is why I never asked for it lol. I've hated his kit since the day it got released

I agree. The RNG AOE stun has to rank up there as one of my least favorite skills in the game.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like it. Nothing holds on defense anymore.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Did anything ever?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze did before dn came out and 4x speeds
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Diversity is decent right now. I'm happy with it. My shard's top 30 (Dec 15) is:

9 Rex
    13 Palp
    2 NS
    1 FO
    1 CLS
    4 JTR
  • Options
    All metas are boring.
  • Options
    I'm just happy that all the Light Side Privilege is no longer completely dominating the top 20.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Nokhai wrote: »

How does that do against ep? With the speed bonus to vader and EPs unique damaging rebels?

It does pretty well.My strategy is this : i always target Thrawn first (if their Thrawn has a speed of at least 235-240),then Vader goes with his AoE and Culling blade,Rex gives tenacity up,GK gives Retribution,CLS puts a blockade on their GK and Palp stuns everyone.Since my team has both tenacity up and retribution every single AoE,especially from Palp or Nihilus is just devastating for them. :)
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Diversity is decent right now. I'm happy with it. My shard's top 30 (Dec 15) is:

9 Rex
    13 Palp
    2 NS
    1 FO
    1 CLS
    4 JTR

Guess it depends on your shard. Nov 2017 top 30:

25 Empire
    4 First Order
    1 Rex