Already tired of EP meta

Replies

• Options
    While we're comparing, my top 30 (aug 2017) is...
    11 CLS
    15 EP
    3 JTR
    1 NS

Not a single rex in my top 50, but there was one Finn, lol.
  • Naminef
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Nokhai wrote: »
    I run a Rex lead team with CLS,Raid Han,Palp and GK,just for the fun of it. :smile:

How does that do against ep? With the speed bonus to vader and EPs unique damaging rebels?

It does pretty well.My strategy is this : i always target Thrawn first (if their Thrawn has a speed of at least 235-240),then Vader goes with his AoE and Culling blade,Rex gives tenacity up,GK gives Retribution,CLS puts a blockade on their GK and Palp stuns everyone.Since my team has both tenacity up and retribution every single AoE,especially from Palp or Nihilus is just devastating for them. :)

Unless the have Sion I'm guessing?
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Naminef wrote: »
    I run a Rex lead team with CLS,Raid Han,Palp and GK,just for the fun of it. :smile:

How does that do against ep? With the speed bonus to vader and EPs unique damaging rebels?

It does pretty well.My strategy is this : i always target Thrawn first (if their Thrawn has a speed of at least 235-240),then Vader goes with his AoE and Culling blade,Rex gives tenacity up,GK gives Retribution,CLS puts a blockade on their GK and Palp stuns everyone.Since my team has both tenacity up and retribution every single AoE,especially from Palp or Nihilus is just devastating for them. :)

Unless the have Sion I'm guessing?

Even better if they have Sion and not Gk as my CLS can keep Sion in his place and not worry to much about him going crazy. ;)
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    NS used to hold on defense. I stayed in 2nd for 23 hours. Good times.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Older shards are going rex. My top 20 is 8 rex (talzin, GK, thrawn, palp), 4 palp still barely hanging on, rest JTR and NS. Rex needs to be above225 speed.

This is all shard dependable. My very old shards top 30 (December 2015) is:

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

I know everybody that hangs out near the top has Rex, because I've seen them use him in past metas. They're just choosing to not use him now
  • Options
    Older shards are going rex. My top 20 is 8 rex (talzin, GK, thrawn, palp), 4 palp still barely hanging on, rest JTR and NS. Rex needs to be above225 speed.

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

I know everybody that hangs out near the top has Rex, because I've seen them use him in past metas. They're just choosing to not use him now

People (like myself) use Rex because he's a pretty consistent anti-meta. Running the meta is soooooooo boring :sleeping:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

People (like myself) use Rex because he's a pretty consistent anti-meta. Running the meta is soooooooo boring :sleeping:

But running Rex all the time isn't?

I actually find a rotating meta kind of fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm just happy that all the Light Side Privilege is no longer completely dominating the top 20.

Infinitely better having the Dark Side Privilege dominating, eh?

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah my top 20 is only 4 Palps now. The rest are Rex.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    EP isn't really Meta, still gets beaten by many other teams, Rex lead, CLS lead, Troopers just to mention a few. I love people using EP, its an guaranteed win against him.
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »
    I love people using EP, its an guaranteed win against him.

I gotta say - me too. I'm not the strongest player...but the only teams I take on in the Arena are EP-led Dark Side teams.

I do well against them, in oppose to other teams.

• Options

I Actually just tried out a new squad against EP teams which has brought me from 55 to 15(no idea on defense capability yet) of CLS(L), raid Han, st Han, talzin and thrawn. Just powers through EP teams
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    All metas are boring.

This is so true.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

Not when you're obsessed with Captain Rex like I am :smirk:
    But I was running NS for the past 3 months.
  • Naminef
    34 posts Member
    Options

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

I have Rex maxxed out, but who do you use in his squad? My node is old and loaded and running Rex I haven't been able to break the top 100, let alone a good spot.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

I have Rex maxxed out, but who do you use in his squad? My node is old and loaded and running Rex I haven't been able to break the top 100, let alone a good spot.

I used to run CLS, Zolo, GK, and Thrawn. Right now I'm running Rex L, zWampa, MT, Thrawn, and GK.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

I used to run CLS, Zolo, GK, and Thrawn. Right now I'm running Rex L, zWampa, MT, Thrawn, and GK.

That exact list above is the most common Rex variant in my shard too (again, Dec 2015).
  • Options
    So the Sith rule the Galaxy and once again there's some balance in arena... It's the most balanced it's been in some time.

Don't worry. I'm sure less than a month after the first Traya unlock there'll be a Light Side Privilege toon free 7* unlock that'll completely negate Traya. Let the Dark Side have it's time and enjoy the balance.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm just happy that all the Light Side Privilege is no longer completely dominating the top 20.

Infinitely better having the Dark Side Privilege dominating, eh?

Yes. Yes it is. By far. The light side dominance in this game for long was stifling. There was no balance in those times. The other moment DS dominated was ended about a short month later by a free toon. At least now there is the closest simblance to balance we've seen in a long time, if ever. LS and DS squads share the spotlight. Rebels and Empire. NS and Resistance. Even some FO. So ya.... May the infinite Sith Empire rule long, and let there be continued balance in the Galaxy of Heroes.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    ROLO lead, R2, CLS, Chaze, walks all over Nightmare teams. Vader AOE? Oh thank you for giving my team even more TM than your own!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Don't tell me the odds! I pushed all my zetas plus g12 gear on my empire/sith team, but it's most about who goes first. I fell like playing the Poe meta again, horrible!

On my arena people use g10/11 Palp/Vader and still beat other empire maxed toons, just because they have +130/140 speed mods.
    All metas are boring.
    That's because mods strategy is ridiculous since the begginning. For example, should be more speed means less protection, more crit damage means less health and so on....

But unfortunately is too late for that now.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    So the Sith rule the Galaxy and once again there's some balance in arena... It's the most balanced it's been in some time.

Don't worry. I'm sure less than a month after the first Traya unlock there'll be a Light Side Privilege toon free 7* unlock that'll completely negate Traya. Let the Dark Side have it's time and enjoy the balance.

Traya will dominate everyone until Jedi Luke is released.
  • Options
    This is the longest DS has been prominent... So I doubt it. Unbalanced LS favor has been the norm. Just look recently... The 2 prime characters in the most recent movie... Equal in strength. You could make the argument that kylo is stronger. But kylo Ren (Unmasked) vs Rey (Jedi whining) it's no contest. She's parsecs better. And I use kru quite a bit.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    so run rex

I am getting tired of Rex in the top 20, his lead is SO Cheap, so broken, he must get a nerf SOON, he has been on the meta for a very long time, it doesnt even requires strategy or synergy, just put the most Overpowered characters under his leadership and you win, so cheap.
  • Options

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

Who would you use if you didnt have Wampa? I've some iN guys using Rex L, MT, Sion, DN, GK.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

Who would you use if you didnt have Wampa? I've some iN guys using Rex L, MT, Sion, DN, GK.

That squad you mentioned is solid.

Do y'all really think rex lead with 4 other S tier tppms is more fun than palp L? Man rex lead has been on arenas since 2016. You would think folks would be more tired of rex.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Even if you run rebels, which are extremely weak to the average EP team, if you stun EP with han and Thrawn with a fast R2 and then kill Palps and taunt Thrawn's fracture while you kill vader you'll easily win (tarkin usually suicides against CLS teams).
  • Options
    A.men.

Used to enjoy my investment in wicket and my ewoks.

Was fun battling JTR / CLS / Nightsisters.

Didn't always win, and dropped like a rock on defense but it was fun.

New empire rework means my furry dudes don't even get a turn.

Sigh
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

19 palp
    6 Rey
    3 talzin
    2 Rex

That squad you mentioned is solid.

Do y'all really think rex lead with 4 other S tier tppms is more fun than palp L? Man rex lead has been on arenas since 2016. You would think folks would be more tired of rex.

At least you don't get beaten by poorly modded mirror teams like with the EP meta