Clone Helmets

2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    It's a must? really?
    I never understood why so many people get so worked up about something as trivial as clone helmets. I get that it doesn't make sence that they're not waring their helmets when they're in battle, but neither does 2 teams standing in front of eachother, taking turns to take eachothet out, or blaster fire being able to defeat anyone using a light saber. So yea...
    Anway, @YaeVizsla is right. It was probably even more than 6 months ago that the devs made that statement.
    PS. i think rex is one of the coolest looking characters ingame and his helmet is **** ;)

I never understood how people can have such a hard time understanding other people.
    haha, that's a gem of a statement. If that was intentional, you and i would probably get along great irl.
    We are fans of Star Wars and the Clone Wars specifically so obviously we won't like it when some of our favorite and most iconic characters get messed up like this. Again, it's like not giving Vader his helmet. Nobody would even come to such an idea.

It's not that it doesn't make sense that they are not wearing helmets in battle, it's that iconic characters are not portrayed correctly. Just like giving Luke a purple light saber wouldn't be correct - and I'd make a post about that too, just like any OT fan would!

I like Rex's look in the game alot too by the way.. it's just that something is missing... ;)
    but they're not really "messed up" though. Screenplay wise, atleast in clonewars the animated serie,i'd reckon the clones probably don't wear their helmets more often than they do wear their helmets. Not comparable with giving a jedi a wrong collour lightsaber, or vader without a helmet for that matter.
    Also, eventhough they're clones, they each have their own unique face.
    To me it just sounds like a matter of preference, that's why i don't understand why people get so worked up about it. Not just that, but since it's a matter of preference (imo), won't giving them their helmets upset the players who do prefer them without their helmets on? So where does that leave us, endless threads about clonehelmets? xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarSon
    7572 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    There has been an official answer. That answer being an acknowledgement that they've heard the lobbying group that's been on about clone helmets for about two years now. Even if they do intend to do something, they're not gonna say more than that or lock themselves to a timeline until it's imminent.

Oh, really? Do you know where or atleast when exactly? I made some research today if there was anything new on this but didn't fin anything.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/109556/state-of-the-galaxy-5-9-2017

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1355031#Comment_1355031

I think there are a couple others. Basically, it's always "we know some of you want them, we might do it, but don't know when, or even if."
    I would definitely prefer the helmets off when not in battle like Gar. Would be cooler in my opinion. I also believe the clones NEED their helmets. It's a must have.

Yeah totally is a must. It's still almost laughable that we have to ask for this to me. It's such a no-brainer.

Thanks for the answers.

It's not a "no-brainer." I think it's a waste of resources. Perhaps it should have been done initially, but it wasn't, and they shouldn't bother now, unless they want to try to monetize it with a skins system.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    There has been an official answer. That answer being an acknowledgement that they've heard the lobbying group that's been on about clone helmets for about two years now. Even if they do intend to do something, they're not gonna say more than that or lock themselves to a timeline until it's imminent.

Oh, really? Do you know where or atleast when exactly? I made some research today if there was anything new on this but didn't fin anything.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/109556/state-of-the-galaxy-5-9-2017

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1355031#Comment_1355031

I think there are a couple others. Basically, it's always "we know some of you want them, we might do it, but don't know when, or even if."
    I would definitely prefer the helmets off when not in battle like Gar. Would be cooler in my opinion. I also believe the clones NEED their helmets. It's a must have.

Yeah totally is a must. It's still almost laughable that we have to ask for this to me. It's such a no-brainer.

Thanks for the answers.

It's not a "no-brainer." I think it's a waste of resources. Perhaps it should have been done initially, but it wasn't, and they shouldn't bother now, unless they want to try to monetize it with a skins system.

I see yeah, all they pretty much said is "Yes we heard you but can't answer your question." Bummer.

I still disagree that it's a waste, a big part of the reason why I play this game is because of the Clone Wars. That being said, thank you for the links, it's good having something official, even if it's this vague.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Helmets would help me tell Echo and 5's apart. Under character selection, they look the same.

In that vein, Jawas should pull their hoods back...all 5 of them look the same and I dunno how many times I put a different Jawa than Dathcha as lead for p1 H AAT w/ Han and CLS. Finally had to save them as a team.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Woo this thread has been re-ignited!
    Individuality is hugely important to clones, even if it's expressed in small ways. Those high-maintenance haircuts and tattoos are an important expression of who they are.
    Helmets are the primary way the Clones express their individuality.
    ff2f0b0927e15b3cc18099cea0b232a9.jpg
    Go ahead and try to find that many different haircuts and tattoos.
    Anway, @YaeVizsla is right. It was probably even more than 6 months ago that the devs made that statement.
    In the last Q&A a couple months ago, CG Carrie replied to me personally (I'm famous! :blush:). They want to add Clone helmets, and if/when they do a Republic pass, my dreams will finally come true. Not the most satisfying of answers, but better than no response, which we had to deal with for over a year.
    PS. i think rex is one of the coolest looking characters ingame and his helmet is **** ;)
    @leef
    Blank+_3789daf1d4228127097fa5eae1c783c2.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Counterpoint?

Do you have any idea how much work it must take for your brunette namesake to maintain a quarter inch bleached blonde buzz in a war zone?
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

BabyishHairyIridescentshark-max-1mb.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Counterpoint?

Do you have any idea how much work it must take for your brunette namesake to maintain a quarter inch bleached blonde buzz in a war zone?

Pretty difficult, which is why he stopped dying it blue and decided to bleach it instead.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Woo this thread has been re-ignited!

It will have to be re-ignited until the Clones get the treatment they deserve. :)
  • Options
    but they're not really "messed up" though. Screenplay wise, atleast in clonewars the animated serie,i'd reckon the clones probably don't wear their helmets more often than they do wear their helmets. Not comparable with giving a jedi a wrong collour lightsaber, or vader without a helmet for that matter.
    Also, eventhough they're clones, they each have their own unique face.
    To me it just sounds like a matter of preference, that's why i don't understand why people get so worked up about it. Not just that, but since it's a matter of preference (imo), won't giving them their helmets upset the players who do prefer them without their helmets on? So where does that leave us, endless threads about clonehelmets? xD

I see where you are coming from. But it's not how they should look like in battle since they actually always wear it in batte! Even if they don't wear it more often than they do the helmets are so iconic and such a big part of their individuality that they just can't be removed. And keep in mind that the reason why the devs did this is so people that are not familiar with Star Wars can tell them apart, so it was not a stylistic choice, they just dumbed the Clones down pretty much, which is another reason why I get worked up about it.
    haha, that's a gem of a statement. If that was intentional, you and i would probably get along great irl.

Sounds like we would, haha.
  • Options
    Wooow too many helmets...

Hope that EA will not offer an idea like create your character outfit/accessoires through payment or lootboxes.