The Akbar team?

UdalCuain
4991 posts Member
Hey guys and girls.

Looking to pick some brains. Got all the relevant zetas etc to run the Akbar, Thrawn BB-8, CLS, Asajj hAAT squad. How highly geared do they need to be?

My CLS and Thrawn are both gear XII, but Asajj is and bb8 are only gear XI, and Ackbar is only gear X.

I know Ackbar doesn't need to survive, and after his leader ability kicks in he's probably better being dead. But is the gear on Asajj and BB-8 sufficient for a p3 solo?

I appreciate your input. If it's not enough I'm happy using the old faithful of CLS, Thrawn, Han, R2 and BB-8.

Replies

• I use this team for P3 solo.
    I can confirm that Ackbar helps you still more when he dies!:-)
    My gear are: 12 for CLS, Thrawn, Asajj, 11 for BB-8, 9 for Ackbar.
    I previously did it with g10 BB-8, but it was risky due the cannon: BB-8 often remained with yellow health and its life was dependent on protection recovery via Thrawn and illuminated destiny.
    Asajj had the Z and the g12 on the same day, and then I tried the team for the first time, but I can suppose that g11 could be enough.
  • I started doing it with G10 AA, G10 BB8 (protection primaries), and G12 CLS/ventress/trawn

About 230 speed CLS (crit damage/crit chance), 230 speed ventress (crit damage/HP sets), and 240-250 speed BB8/trawn

Since ventress wont have a lot of HP try to kill droids fast in P3 to get more HP from her Z or she wont survive first canon hit (even buffed) and if ventres die u have to restart xD

Since trawn, CLS and ventress (once she stack some kills) can heal themselves fast u only have to pay atention to AA and BB8 protection...
    Since u dont need AA even alive (mine usually finish the raid alive xD) just spam prot regen from trawn into BB8 and i think he will survive for sure xD

Since ventress is one of ur main damage sources i think G12 would help her survive and do more damage... But once u kill 1 or 2 rounds of droids she wont die at G11 (IMO).

Also this team can clear half P2, full P3 and full P4 in a single run... Not only P3 xD mine used to finish P3 with 12 boss turns left (10 at most) and P4 with 7 boss turns left (5 at most)... So i think u can manage to clean it with even worst mods than me (not much worst cuz u need some speed xD)
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    Awesome, thanks for your help guys. Really need to work on Asajj's mods. Looking g forward to trying it tomorrow, get bored of using the same team.

Asajj's bonuses don't carry between phrases do they?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Awesome, thanks for your help guys. Really need to work on Asajj's mods. Looking g forward to trying it tomorrow, get bored of using the same team.

Asajj's bonuses don't carry between phrases do they?

I run ackbar g9, then CLS thrawn and asajj g12, bb8 g11, my CLS is only 240-something, asajj only 190, bb8 and thrawn around 250
  • just make sure akbar and bb8 are above 30k prot and you are safe to clear p3 and p4, get crit dmg mods on asaji or if you want you can go for speed, personally i like it more crit dmg based for p4 tbh. Faster to 1 shot turrets and b2's. Akbar alive helps a lot for bonus attacks because hes special always calls cls=tm removal in p3 only keep in mind to use asaji special(heal one) b4 turret shoots in p3 too keep it safe to have buffs.
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I run AA and BB8 G11, Asaaj CLS Thrawn G12
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I run this team, Ackbar is G11, BB8, Ventress and Thrawn are G11, CLS G12.

I only get close to being in peril when i mistime ventress' Secret Intel/ ID Buffs and cannon is about to strike.

Ackbar is somewhat better being dead due to all assists calling CLS, but i kinda enjoy having him to spam Tac Genius and the Cleanse for extra ID cooldown reduction (more often then not, BB8 uses up TG, casting SI twice in a row and healing up any damage the cannon gets thru his protection.

What i also like to do, is run a chirpatine attack before this team, so i can shock and Cackle all the droids to Red health, and have a quick boost to ventress' attack when her turn comes up.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    He said in the comments of his video that you could do it with G10, but I have yet to try it (I will once I get the team to at least G10 for our guilds next HAAT test). I'll just have to be careful with timing and mods until I get them to G11/12.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Wait, so for the people letting Ackbar die, does his leadership carry over to the next phase? I didn't think it worked like that.
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah it does. Wish the damage bonus carried over like the leadership
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    That's weird but thanks.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Yeah it does. Which the damage bonus carried over like the leadership

Yea, iuf the damage carried over it would be a breeze and we'd see asajj hitting 200k's.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I get her up to 175k in P4 already so it would be way over that.
  • Right now there are missing rewards for the tank takedown raid. I hope the devs will explain why this is the case
  • Right now there are missing rewards for the tank takedown raid. I hope the devs will explain why this is the case

Not really relevant to this thread, but my guild all got ours OK this morning