To Han, Poe or to RG

Replies

• Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Han
    Song wrote: »
    Have u guys even own a 7* Han or Red Guard? They both are terrible in arena... Poe is more a threat than both combine.

I use 7* Han and I am almost #1 every day...success rate is sometimes low but that's becuase of the OP bug GS. I smack down Poe tools all the time. Working on RG to go with Vader, especially when I get Vader to 6*.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Han
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Have u guys even own a 7* Han or Red Guard? They both are terrible in arena... Poe is more a threat than both combine.

I use 7* Han and I am almost #1 every day...success rate is sometimes low but that's becuase of the OP bug GS. I smack down Poe tools all the time. Working on RG to go with Vader, especially when I get Vader to 6*.

What's your strategy to beat Poe?
  • Options
    Han
    In this case you want RG because you have teo healers, and a heavy stun team. RG doesn't need a turn to taunt, and doesn't taunt too long to guaratee being dead, and is ready to re-taunt as soon as Lumi wears off or a char becomes focused after which you can use Daka but RG will already protect him.

In defense Han or Poe are best. But since you don't have much damage, RG may still be beat.

All this assumes you'll cast Lumi heal very early on to extend RG life and protect your other chars from doom ...

Would he do his job at 5*?
  • Options
    Han
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Depends what you want. Unlike RG or Poe, Han is unlikely to survive for too long to protect others like a normal tank would but where he is useful is that before he dies, he'll give the rest of your team so much TM gain that they'll all almost go again straight away before you opponent gets too many attacks in. I'm farming Han now. Going to wait til he is 6* though before using him in arena.

But won't Poe's turn meter reduction serve the same purpose?
  • Options
    Poe
    WildGrunt wrote: »

What's your strategy to beat Poe?

The best strategy is dont attack the Poe first. Most people use Poe also have Sid as (leader). Most are team up with GS, Poggle, Dooku, Daka, Ig-88, ig-86, lum, etc.

You should attack the squishy heroes.. Let say you face Sid, Poe, Dooku, GS, Lum. In this case you attack GS first. Hopefully you can stun him..
  • Options
    Han
    Depends what you want. Unlike RG or Poe, Han is unlikely to survive for too long to protect others like a normal tank would but where he is useful is that before he dies, he'll give the rest of your team so much TM gain that they'll all almost go again straight away before you opponent gets too many attacks in. I'm farming Han now. Going to wait til he is 6* though before using him in arena.

Yes but it's very small, 25% I think. Han gives 30% when he taunts and another 20% when he is hit. If it takes more than one shot to kill him, almost your whole team will be ready to go again. And he also removes some enemy TM when hit
  • Options
    Savage Opress, no taunt needed, big damage dealt, very hard to kill with a healer
  • Options
    Han

Han is waaaaaaaaaaay better manipulating the TM.

He can steal TM just by having his turn. He steal TM or gives friends TM when he is attscked, when he taunts, and when he is attscked while taunted. Also can gain TM himself.

Poe is way tougher, has more health, tenacity, armor and self heal.. And his AOE expose add more damage. He is also slightly faster unless Admirsl Ackbar leads Han. But as far as TM goles, Han is better
  • Options
    i have han7 starred but i don't know if is he can be viable in arena because i have him at 45level.. should i give him a chance?
    My toons:
    7* Lumi, Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Asajj, Han, JCon
    6* QGJ, IG86, Asoka, Kilo, Windu
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    If you are using IG-88 Poe is still a good option. Perhaps with Jawa/Datcha also. Outside of that he probably doesnt need to be on your team anymore (since the nerf/speed change). You just lose a lot of options/damage by forcing him in.

Han is spectacular with ackbar. He can also work in other setups... But you really have to try hard to make it happen. There are plenty of better choices. If you can find a team he works with (like rebels) he is a great TM manipulator though.

RG is undoubtedly the best tank of the 3 now if defense is what you need. No competition. He is miles better than the other two at protecting your team. He will fit in most teams and perform his duty as expected, the other two need specific setups to be effective. So RG is better overall. Horrid farm though.
  • Options
    Poe
    Lol im not denying that RG might be better than Poe. But to get him useful would take forever.
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    Lol im not denying that RG might be better than Poe. But to get him useful would take forever.

Probably only takes about 20 minutes if you have deep pockets. Lol
  • Options

Yeah, I'm testing my RG at 2 stars. Seems like he drops a lot for me in Bronze packs. I don't believe I've farmed for him at all.

Even at 2 stars, level 60, and G7, he's doing fine in Galatic War. What's the problem? RG, First Order, and Lumi are doing 4 to 5 Galatic War wins.

I don't do Arena. My Arena is around 500-600 rank. I don't win there. But I do get my 500 points to get shards.

Galatic War, I clear 90% of the time. (I've lost 4 of 14 the last 2 weeks).

• Options
    Royal Guard
    Triqui wrote: »

Han is waaaaaaaaaaay better manipulating the TM.

He can steal TM just by having his turn. He steal TM or gives friends TM when he is attscked, when he taunts, and when he is attscked while taunted. Also can gain TM himself.

Poe is way tougher, has more health, tenacity, armor and self heal.. And his AOE expose add more damage. He is also slightly faster unless Admirsl Ackbar leads Han. But as far as TM goles, Han is better

Learnt the hard way attacking his teams. The blue indicator just goes and goes against me. I don't have a high DPS team and so avoid Han now. That TM thing is not to be messed with unless you have a high speed/ DPS team.
  • Options
    I'm using han with phasma. Whenever han assists, he can gain turn meter and on his turn, has a chance to remove enemy turn meters. Once he taunts, and if your team is still alive, then you win.
  • Options
    Just fought qgj, lumi, gs, sid and poe against my phasma, fotp, gs, daka, han.

Sequence: qgj attacks daka, sid aoe, his gs kills my gs. Poe taunts. My daka heals but no revive. Han taunts, phasma speed down, fotp almost kills poe, their lumi hadouken han, my team goes again and manages to stun and obliterate the opposing team with no more deaths.

I waited until han was 7* max gear and hit 6* on fotp (today!) before using on arena. Even if one toons dies before han taunts, the turn meter between him and Phasma more then makes up in 4 v 5 situation.
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    I dont have Han, I have 6* Poe. I hate Poe teams the RNG annoys me.

^this

F#$%& Poe....
    Is he viable at 5* end game?
    It depends on what rank you want to be at "end game." ;) I'm able to break into the sub 200's (but not keep it for long) in arena with a 5 star Han with 7 *Phasma (L), 6* GS, 7* Lumi, 7* Sid and I've been playing since mid December. Most of my toons are maxed or almost maxed and are level 65-68. I have a fairly deep bench so I'm short on training droids. No one in the top 200 is below level 70 and there was only a couple of us with leaders who weren't level 70. If Han survives long enough for Lumi to heal I win 100% of the time.
  • Options
    I wanted to post a new thread, but found this old one.

Poe / Royal Guard / ST Han are pretty tied in this vote.

Have recent updates or speed changes affected this vote at all? Does Poe still win by a slight margin?
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    Poe is not that great amymore, I dropped him from my arena line up a little while ago, like most in the top 20 on my server have

RG is much better IMO, he is the most consistent of the bunch, Han is all over the place

I don't run a tank currently, but RG is the toughest one to beat right now
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Royal Guard
    I don't understand why people are even thinking about picking Poe over RG?

I use RG in arena and I have three characters that can go before Poe gets a chance to taunt, QGJ, GS, and Sid. RG on the other hand activates taunt out of turn, instantly.

which means 1-2 opponent characters are gone before Poe even gets a turn to taunt, then I just follow up with QGJ debuff ability on Poe(or 2 hit ko) and its over. With RG even if he gets debuffed taunt reactivates right away passively when a character gets below 50% health.

There really is no comparison.
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are even thinking about picking Poe over RG?

I use RG in arena and I have three characters that can go before Poe gets a chance to taunt, QGJ, GS, and Sid. RG on the other hand activates taunt out of turn, instantly.

which means 1-2 opponent characters are gone before Poe even gets a turn to taunt, then I just follow up with QGJ debuff ability on Poe(or 2 hit ko) and its over. With RG even if he gets debuffed taunt reactivates right away passively when a character gets below 50% health.

There really is no comparison.

I think that is really the diff. Poe is fast, but QGJ and Yoda faster. (I think Dooku and Sid probably too).

the auto-taunt is pretty impressive, even if it's for only one turn.

RG was one of my first toons in the game, and I left him in the dirt long ago. Time to dust him off.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    RG -if you have the stomach for the slow grind of the farm lol

And I would ditch Sid or maybe Lumi depending on who you are up against
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    RG. Out of turn taunt, massive health. He also stuns.
  • Options
    'Royale with Cheese.'
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    Poe? Does he do anything? Ever since putting yoda in, I have yet to see him taunt without being resisted. Han can be a little annoying but RG is a real pain in a good setup.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Han
    Current team:

QGJ (L), Dooku, Yoda, Luminara and RG
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Han
    @YoMomma here you go
  • Options
    Royal Guard
    RG is tough to farm but actually fulfills the tank requirement withthat high hp. He works well with healers too as that could help trigger his taunt more than once.

If you want Han's TM gain, just use Phasma. Han has low hp, subpar damage and is slow without Ackbar.

Poe is good but dies too quickly for my taste with all the high DPS teams currently filling arena. If you surround him with 4 high speed DPS toons, then you're golden. Otherwise, stick wth RG.
  • Options
    Han
    In this case you want RG because you have teo healers, and a heavy stun team. RG doesn't need a turn to taunt, and doesn't taunt too long to guaratee being dead, and is ready to re-taunt as soon as Lumi wears off or a char becomes focused after which you can use Daka but RG will already protect him.

In defense Han or Poe are best. But since you don't have much damage, RG may still be beat.

All this assumes you'll cast Lumi heal very early on to extend RG life and protect your other chars from doom ...

No
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Han

No
    I already have him at 6* 66/100 to 7 by now haha