Where is Dash Rendar?

Prev1
Zakhary
76 posts Member
edited November 2021
One of the best Star Wars games ever deserves some recognition in this multi-generational game. And apparently he is in several books, having relationships with Solo and Calrissian. There is a scoundrel i'd like. Maybe he will be the scoundrel in the event rumors are going around about. Anyone ever play Shadows of the Empire on N64?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Loved that game when it came out. Wonder if he'll be added.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the books are not considered canon. Technically according to Disney he does not exist, however that was a great game and book.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This game doesn't follow cannon or non cannon so they can technically add him in. Hk isn't cannon as he is from the kotor series and yet he is in the game.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    That book has it's own Soundtrack. Like full orchestra and everything. You'd think they could make an exception for it because it is a book, AND game, AND full musical score.

Holy crepe yeah, he is awesome.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I loved that game. And it's spinoff Rogue Squadron is still one of my all time favorite games. I kept my N64 just to play that and podracer :smiley:
  • Options
    Still have Shadows of the Empire and the Episode One Podracer both in working condition along with my N64 from high school! No kidding, I was looking for Rogue Squadron on eBay just the other day, lol.

Dash Rendar would be awesome for sure.
  • Agarwaen
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Shadows of the Empire is the only book George Lucas came out and said he considered part of his universe. I'd like to see Dash Rendar and it would fit with any futue addition of ships as they could then have the Outrider to go with him.

While they're at it, they should throw in Xisor too!
  • Options
    Zakhary wrote: »
    One of the best Star Wars games ever deserves some recognition in this multi-generational game. And apparently he is in several books, having relationships with Solo and Calrissian. There is a scoundrel i'd like. Maybe he will be the scoundrel in the event rumors are going around about. Anyone ever play Shadows of the Empire on N64?

That's why I use IG-88. He scared the **** out of me during that boss fight.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options

Again that matters little considering he doesnt own it anymore, but as someone stated HK-47 is in the game so EA can choose who it wants.
    Agarwaen wrote: »
    Shadows of the Empire is the only book George Lucas came out and said he considered part of his universe. I'd like to see Dash Rendar and it would fit with any futue addition of ships as they could then have the Outrider to go with him.

While they're at it, they should throw in Xisor too!

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I love you guys. We could all party together.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    I loved shadows of the empire back in the day

my fave star wars game is still rogue squadron though, always will be
  • Options
    His ship " the outrider " made a cameo in the updated " new hope " movie. Since his ship is officially canon maybe he is too... Or eventually
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    He's made appearances in the Fantasy Flight hits X-Wing Miniatures and the ARMADA game. Anyone who works with Star Wars license, who knows anything, knows Dash. They'll bring him in. They need more REAL scoundrels the people care about. Give me a break, Nut Gunray? Who's idea was that?
  • Options
    Aaaggghh!! Forgot about that game was my first video game I ever played when I got a N64 for my fifth birthday... Takes me back. The fight with IG 88 always scared me, he would pop up out of no where!! I will never forget the frustration from the sewer level.. If only I could remember what happened to that 64.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah that game was the dopiest rope ever thrown for us to gro... no not a good rhyme. Uh, yeah dude that level took FOREVER. Then going back and playing for all the challenge points was SO much fun (and frustrating). Did you unlock the Tie Fighter and Falcon in the SkyHook level? That was still the best game to capture the majesty of a Imperial-Class Star Destroyer. It took so long to fly the length of that sucker. Rogue Squadron for all systems didn't come close to getting the scale right.

If I had a time-travel machine, I would definitely go back and make a stop at the late-nights with good snacks trying to beat that game on Hard. (Jedi difficulty was a joke).
  • Options
    Wow. Bringing back the classics. That fight against slave 1 doe
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    Those were the times when for some reason, you weren't allowed to use "movie" characters for a 3rd person game. Dash Rendar, Kyoe Katarn...

Would love to see old Dash in the game.
  • Options
    Would love to see Dash in this game. I'm not holding much hope for it but the Outrider in A New Hope and HK47 being here make it a slight possibility.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Not canon. HK is the only exception because EA considers it canon ;)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    Dash who ?
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Magma trooper, Tusken shaman aren't canon either.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

His ship is canon, so it's a possibility he's out there somewhere.

• Options
    Future here… you have your Character now!
  • Options
    What the zombie thread!! Old Daka would be proud!!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    He's also only five years late to be a good character relative to the meta!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    It only took around 5.7 years, but it finally happened! Hopefully OP’s still playing so they can enjoy it…
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Somehow...this thread returned.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    N64 gave us a good mix of games at that time,really does make you feel old(on the outside)when you start thinking about how many consoles we’ve probably had over the years
  • Options
    5 year old thread? Dah F?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Haha, necro at its best! And finally OP has their question answered. Dash is in game as of 11am PST!
This discussion has been closed.