Dang it. . . so I'm guessin they just re balanced the servers?

The last couple of days there has been a huge influx of higher leveled guys on our leaderboard.

Went from an easy top 10 everyday to now suddenly having to fight to stay in the top 20. Well that sucks.

Replies

• Options
    DigitalKLB wrote: »
    The last couple of days there has been a huge influx of higher leveled guys on our leaderboard.

Went from an easy top 10 everyday to now suddenly having to fight to stay in the top 20. Well that sucks.

Idk if that's true but I know the same top 5 guys I see 20 ranks below me everyday. Granted today's GW I had a 60 I never saw before unless they draw randoms from other servers to GW
  • Options
    Just had a huge influx of 13k/14k onto my server overnight. Dropped from 50s to 100 overnight and went from 10-15 guys below my power level to no one I can find below my power level in the top 100.

So yeah something, something, server consolidation.
  • Options
    In my case, I'm on the server with WhipiT so that's all I know but yes, the competition is getting better and more challenging. I am usually in the range of 50-150th place on average which is fine for me for now. I don't want to be stuck playing multiple extra rounds for 50 crystals and up just to hold position and not gain much more assets in the process. When I have a team that can hold position overnight, I'll be there....
  • Options
    Today i've sniped a rank 50 for the first time at 17.58 :D
    In my server no new guys in the top20 ..
    But in Galactic wars i've found a full team 6 starred, gear 7, lev 60.. In the 7th battle.. I've managed to win, but with 2 healers dead, no chanche to complete the war today..
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Just had a huge influx of 13k/14k onto my server overnight. Dropped from 50s to 100 overnight and went from 10-15 guys below my power level to no one I can find below my power level in the top 100.

So yeah something, something, server consolidation.

same here. i was at 14k around rank 40, now its way back at 75 with a bunch of people im not familiar with
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me. People tried to tell me it didn't happen. If people don't see it or it doesn't happen to them they tend to not believe it. That's why I said pvp is broken. You shouldn't arbitrarily be moved to more difficult servers.
  • Options
    Same here. I went from from easy top 8-15 to fighting hard to stay in top 30, but everyone I faces is minimum 4 levels higher and 1500-2000 higher power rank so just a matter of time until I start the fall. GW has gotten obscene. Battle 1 is all 5-6 star 2-3 levels higher. Been playing 2 weeks so 5-6 star is rare for me.
  • Options
    Any comments from EA?

@EA_Jesse
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    It doesn't take much $$$$ to jump from 11,000 to 13,000.
  • Options
    Not sure about this.. There are definitely still literally hundreds of level 60's all over my server's PvP arena. Definitely hasn't gotten easier, and probably couldn't get any worse =P

Wouldn't mind a server consolidation chucking me in one of these easy servers I keep hearing about lol
  • Options
    I'm always at least 500 power and several levels lower than my opponents and still routinely make it to the teens and sometimes top 10, today was 25 at the buzzer when I ran into a Daka on my last battle where the RNG god was smiling down on him and kept reviving over and over, or I'd have made the teens again.

My server definitely isn't a cake walk, the top guys have maxed out toons. It's about sniping in at the right time and making the most of your climb. I see I've been knocked down to 32 in the hour since the arena closed.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I don't think it's rebalancing the servers as much as people lower ranked are jumping up.

On my server the top 10 is pretty much same as always been, but I'm seeing people jumping into it I haven't seen before, but then they usually get knocked right back out of it.

It's getting more challenging for sure. Last 2 days first time I didn't finish 1st in my bracket at reward time, but I already have sid at 7* so finishing 1st no longer a must have for me ( thank goodness seeing how the one keeps winning now is useing Leia ).

Honestly think it's just more players are lvling up. I jumped up like I did because I kept useing 50 crystals to keep refreshing. People that haven't done that and have bid there time are the ones now coming up.
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    I don't think it's rebalancing the servers as much as people lower ranked are jumping up.

On my server the top 10 is pretty much same as always been, but I'm seeing people jumping into it I haven't seen before, but then they usually get knocked right back out of it.

It's getting more challenging for sure. Last 2 days first time I didn't finish 1st in my bracket at reward time, but I already have sid at 7* so finishing 1st no longer a must have for me ( thank goodness seeing how the one keeps winning now is useing Leia ).

Honestly think it's just more players are lvling up. I jumped up like I did because I kept useing 50 crystals to keep refreshing. People that haven't done that and have bid there time are the ones now coming up.

You're probably right, but. . .

2 things.

First, I like to check the leaderboards behind me to see if I'm safe to not check in for a bit. I saw a bunch of the guys that are on top of our board comin days before they moved up. But all these guys came from out of nowhere.

Second, since that rush of new names, there hasn't been any new names popping up on any of the following days.

I can't really decide if it's your theory or mine that is right. I go back and forth.
  • Options
    If it happened gradually I would think that it was just people leveling up. In my case the leaders were new and my ranking took a huge tumble overnight. That would tell me that I'd been moved to another server.
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me, one day I was rank 2 or 3, overnight I dropped to 80 but I've spent another 200 since then to stick it to the man :) and show the world the power of money!
  • Options
    im comfortably at rank 43 with higher power levels around me and i spent £4 only on the dooku pack which i dont use dooku anymore
  • Options
    Hope you enjoyed your easy top 10 rewards on low populated, newbie-friendly servers. Sounds like some of you got a huge advantage in rewards.

From day one the server I was on had players lvl 50+ and now the top 50 is nearly entirely lvl 58-60 with at least a 6* leader apart from Barris who remains at 4.
  • Options
    Same hear, my Arena competition and GW runs doubled in difficulty overnight. A bunch of new names in arena and I have been facing rediculous high lvl arena teams every fight in GW after the third fight. The game overall just got wayyyy more difficult for me.
  • Options
    How long have you been playing? There is most likely a 30day or so Noob bracket. After said days you move into the general population pool. A lot of games do this.

I will hit 30 days on Xmas. Trying to get to 60 before then.
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Options
    Dajackal wrote: »
    How long have you been playing? There is most likely a 30day or so Noob bracket. After said days you move into the general population pool. A lot of games do this.

I will hit 30 days on Xmas. Trying to get to 60 before then.

On at least two occasions I've seen 'new' faces around my rank that are very near my power level who just appeared overnight. At the same time I still see some of the same people who I have back and forths with on a regular basis. It just feels like there are too many new faces to just be an influx of new players willing to spend $$$$ or guy who have just been lagging behind me, a FTP player, who suddenly decided to invest hundreds of crystals into leveling/gearing up.

Seems more likely that they create new instances of the arena and populate them until they're full. At some point if/when the activity levels of the players drop they merge it with a separate instance with similar activity levels.

IE. 2500 person arena forms. 7 days later arena is merged with another 2500 person arena with similar power levels making it a 5000 person arena.

This would effectively prevent stagnation at the top and they can create a 'new' instance and populate it with new users who would otherwise feel overwhelmed if faced with a lvl 60 leaderboard. There are probably thousands of accounts at the bottom of the rankings who played once or twice and (wisely) put the game away.
  • Options
    sounds legit ^
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Options
    The way arena is setup means you can jump up pretty massively with your 5 battles. I went from 12,000 to top 10 in like 4 days...