Best Rebel Tank Under CLS Lead

Moroveus
147 posts Member
edited April 2018
I'm getting bored of my current arena team, and I want to switch it up. I've got CLS and R2 with all their Zetas and G12 gear. I'm not sure which Rebel tank works best with that pair? I've got it narrowed down to these four (I don't have Baze and have no intent to farm him).
  • Old Ben: His renewable taunt is great, but he's a Rebel AND a Jedi, which means he'll get destroyed by teams with Palpatine.
  • Kanan: He's a well-rounded tank, but like Old Ben, he's a Rebel AND a Jedi, which means he'll get destroyed by teams with Palpatine.
  • Chopper: His basic will grant R2 one of three random buffs and has a 60% chance to reduce R2's cooldowns by 1.
  • Rebel Pathfinder: He's like a low-rent Nightsister Zombie under CLS, because CLS gives him counter-attack, his basic grants him a buff, and he resurrects himself if he's buffed at the time of death.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    OB, chopper, kanan, SPF. In that order in my head if you are only talking arena.

If you want the best investment baze is the answer but since you no intent on farming him that is a moote point.
  • Options
    OB, st han... The rest are not that good you'd be better off just running another attacker.
  • Options
    Moroveus wrote: »
    I'm getting bored of my current arena team, and I want to switch it up. I've got CLS and R2 with all their Zetas and G12 gear. I'm not sure which Rebel tank works best with that pair? I've got it narrowed down to these four (I don't have Baze and have no intent to farm him).
    • Old Ben: His renewable taunt is great, but he's a Rebel AND a Jedi, which means he'll get destroyed by teams with Palpatine.
    • Kanan: He's a well-rounded tank, but like Old Ben, he's a Rebel AND a Jedi, which means he'll get destroyed by teams with Palpatine.
    • Chopper: His basic will grant R2 one of three random buffs and has a 60% chance to reduce R2's cooldowns by 1.
    • Rebel Pathfinder: He's like a low-rent Nightsister Zombie under CLS, because CLS gives him counter-attack, his basic grants him a buff, and he resurrects himself if he's buffed at the time of death.

OBen
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I ran CLS OB Leia R2 Thrawn. Swap TM from Thrawn to OB for his mind tricks and it almost guarantees a win against anyone but sith. If you have Raid Han can probably reliably beat Sith.

I also ran CLS Leia R2 Chopper and Chirrut. Chopper is suprisingly good. And he and R2 feed off of each other reducing cooldowns and extra speed. Chopper is naturally fast, self heals, dodges, assists, grants buffs, reduces droid cooldowns, buff wipes and reduces turn meter. He is really really versatile and underrated. You could swap Ezra in for Leia or Chirrut and he would get the Chopper benefits too. My R2 was really crap at this time too. So better geared this team has potential.

Edit: Chopper has a one turn taunt and is fast, so if he gets buff blocked its over quickly and he can retaunt fast. Also - Im not certain of this but I think it is true - his ability cooldown works on himself too so can have his abilities ready even faster. Again not certain on that but he seems to be able to retaunt very fast.

The Old Ben team was better generally but I was better geared at that time. The Chopper team was way more fun though. Loved seeing CLS and Wiggs blow their big opens only to whiff on Choppers 30%+ evasion.
  • Options
    I used to have fun with OB lead, RHan, CLS, Chopper, R2. Chopper gets up to 70% dodge (40% taunt + 15% OBlead + 15% Han buff). Not arena worthy but that much dodge even makes Zaul cry foul.

And to answer above Chopper's ability cooldown does work on himself
  • Options
    As others have said - Old Ben. By a country mile.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    December 2016 shard, still running CLS, OB, Han, R2, Thrawn and staying in top 50.

Will have GK soon, and not sure I would swap out OB for him, I think he's great.