Will Places of Power have a Mythic tier?

UdalCuain
5011 posts Member
As title. They said that all Assault battles were getting bonus and mythic tiers in the last content update notes.

Some already had bonus tiers, Places of Power being one of them. However, they have made no mention of a mythic tier. And yes, we will find out tomorrow, but mainly curious to to see if I have missed something.

Replies

• Options
    Fingers crossed I can't say the other word.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it's looking too hopeful, the rewards are unchanged, and I'd expect there to be an achievement associated with it.
  • Options
    No they definitely would've mentioned if it was getting one, since they mentioned certain others, and they're excited about releasing mythic tiers they'd definitely announced it. If they said all of them are getting mythics then we can look forward to it in the future
  • Options
    I think what they meant is that if an Assault Battle is currently 2 tiers (like Ground War used to be) it will gain a third tier.

Mythic just refers to the weekend event that’s associated with each Legendary event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think what they meant is that if an Assault Battle is currently 2 tiers (like Ground War used to be) it will gain a third tier.

Mythic just refers to the weekend event that’s associated with each Legendary event.

No the devs stated that these types of events would get their own mythic tiers as well
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166034/content-update-4-11-2018#latest
    Assault Battles Update
    With this release we are updating three of our Assault Battle events (Forest Moon, Military Might, & Ground War) with a pass on consistency, clarity, and balance. In addition, we are adding Mythic tiers to these events. We are doing this to ensure that all events of a category (in this case, Assault Battles) have a similar level of predictability and challenge, as well as a unified style and appearance. Please note that Assault Battle Mythic tiers are intended to be the pinnacle of challenge in the Event system, and may be adjusted over time to ensure this experience remains such.
    Added Mythic Tier.
    Unlocks when the Bonus Tier has been completed.
    As with all "Mythic" things, expect this tier to be something familiar yet different from the standard experience.
    Assault Battle Mythic tiers are tuned for fully maxed out characters (G12, L85, Excellent 5-dot Mods).
  • Options
    Well it said they were updating three of the assault battles and then mentioned which ones, but I have the bonus tier three starred, but I don't recall it requiring all 7* toons to attempt. Looking at the 7*s I have available in this event, I don't remember ever using what would be a mix of sith and FO. So if that's a new thing, it wasn't mentioned and perhaps the mythic is coming and it wasn't mentioned either? Can anyone say if it always required 7* for bonus tier?
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    There's another thread on this just now. No it didn't. There are people that have completed it before now, and today they can't enter due to star requirements changing. No communication about this change at all.

Doesn't effect me, got everything 7* from there so I hit auto and go make a brew, but it's very unfair to others.
  • CptCheez
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As title. They said that all Assault battles were getting bonus and mythic tiers in the last content update notes.

Some already had bonus tiers, Places of Power being one of them. However, they have made no mention of a mythic tier. And yes, we will find out tomorrow, but mainly curious to to see if I have missed something.

They didn't say they were updating all Assault Battles. Just the 3 listed (Forest Moon, Military Might, & Ground War). Places of Power isn't listed. That's what you missed.
  • Options
    Well, yeah, they said they were updating those three in the content notes, but they also speak of uniform style across all assault battles, implying "Places of Power" and "Secrets and Shadows" will be getting Mythic tiers too.
  • Options
    Well, yeah, they said they were updating those three in the content notes, but they also speak of uniform style across all assault battles, implying "Places of Power" and "Secrets and Shadows" will be getting Mythic tiers too.

Eventually. Right now they're just updating the 3 named. Later on, they'll probably update the rest to keep them in line with the 3 they're updating now.