What good is stun??

Stun is completely **** - coders got that stuff hosed - a stunned toon can still: evade, deflected or block attacks ???? Isn't even within the realm of correct ..

Replies

• Options
    They still lose a turn...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    They lose a turn so you can attack some else. Killing someone who is stunned wastes the stun.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Double posted on accident
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    Stun is amazing, if one hero is stunned they automatically lose turn meter and they're next turn, by stunning a hero you freeze the fight and only have to worry about 4 characters attacking you, and while one hero is stunned I always concentrate my attacks on a hero that is not stunned. So I only have 3 characters to worry about attacking me on one turn
  • Options
    Stun is completely **** - coders got that stuff hosed - a stunned toon can still: evade, deflected or block attacks ???? Isn't even within the realm of correct ..

This is something they're working on. They just announced a few days ago.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    A stun should prevent the character from evading, I agree. And should also temporarily pause any effect including a taunt. However, stuns are very useful:

Do some damage and prevent the char from attacking. Imagine a char has 7k and assist and requests an assist from a char that does another 6k. Suppose the stunner does 5k (like Dooku). So you 1) do 5k + prevent 13k (saved a char basically). How cool is that?

Cherry in top with stunning a special char:
    - counter attacker like 5555s. You will need abiut 5 hits to kill 5555...each time he will do maybe 5k...a stun was worth -25k in damage to your team (plus the stun damage), a difference of win/loss most often.
    - A taunter, you stun before taunt. Glass tanks are dead. You may have just won.
    - You team is weakened and heal is coming...but Maul will go before Lumi. Now you appreciate a stun.

A simple way to look at it is that you do some damage and have a (sometimes 90%) chance of playing 4 to 5 on first turn.

Double stun? You just auto-won!! People complain about Poe have never seen a double stun effect on Arena.

• Options
    VIII wrote: »
    Stun is amazing, if one hero is stunned they automatically lose turn meter and they're next turn, by stunning a hero you freeze the fight and only have to worry about 4 characters attacking you, and while one hero is stunned I always concentrate my attacks on a hero that is not stunned. So I only have 3 characters to worry about attacking me on one turn

Unless of course you just stunned a 7* Rey. Then I blast the **** out of her.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    They lose a turn so you can attack some else. Killing someone who is stunned wastes the stun.

Unless it's dooku. If you stun dooku burn him down.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    @Nikoms565 Lmaooo ya that too, I'm currently trying to run a successful stun team, I have all the heroes just trying to 7* them
    Asajj Ventress (Lead)
    Old Daka
    Count Dooku
    Royal Guard
    Lumi (no stun but good heal/dmg)
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

Unless it's dooku. If you stun dooku burn him down.

That too. Stunning Dooku or Kylo is a nice opportunity to whale on them without having to worry about invoking counter attacks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    @Nikoms565 Lmaooo ya that too, I'm currently trying to run a successful stun team, I have all the heroes just trying to 7* them
    Asajj Ventress (Lead)
    Old Daka
    Count Dooku
    Royal Guard

Lumi also has ability block, which can be almost as powerful as a stun if it sticks.

• Options
    Asajj Ventress (Lead)
    Old Daka
    Count Dooku
    Royal Guard

Kylo or 5555 seem better than Asajj. A mix of stun and counter prevents being easy prey for heavy AoEs.

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    @Preemo_Magin she's mainly there for speed/stun/self heal and she hits heavy with off up , with her lead ability it gives old Daka a chance to strike first and Dooku second so I have 2 chances to stun right away bringing the fight in my favour
  • Options
    and the devs have commented on stunned characters dodgeing etc....not as intended supposedly they are looking into it. perhaps after the next new wave of characters? :)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Especially with the meta shifting to all those QGJ leaders it's great to have Dooku stun him before he can even move. Then knock him out and he never gets a chance to call an assist.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stuns are the most powerful negative status effect in the game. A stunned character can dodge, yes (they are fixing that as others have said) but otherwise is out of action.
    Stunning allows you to do all of these things:
    - Stop fast characters from going before your slow ones on the first turn.
    - Temporarily disable one threat so you can deal with another.
    - Knock out a taunter while you burn down a glass cannon.
    - Effectively "heal" your party by reducing the damage done by the enemy.
    - Disable counterattacks.
    It's all about control. When you use stuns, you control the game, rather than letting it control you. This also is why people hate facing stun-based teams, making them good on defense in arena.
    w8NzoLt.jpg
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Ability block that Jedi! No one heals...then everyone DIES!!!

• Options
    As others said stun is the most powerful effect . In this meta where the fastest toons have high damage, a first or second round stun is almost an automatic victory. A double stun is even more overpowered.
  • Options
    @Preemo_Magin she's mainly there for speed/stun/self heal and she hits heavy with off up , with her lead ability it gives old Daka a chance to strike first and Dooku second so I have 2 chances to stun right away bringing the fight in my favour

Ok, makes sense!
  • Options
    i get giddy when a dooku gets stunned and mow him down asap