[Transcript] Dev QnA w/ AnhaldT101: Ships 2.0!

Replies

• Depablo
    49 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Depablo wrote: »
    I believe they are shorting their timer from 7:30 minutes to 5 minutes because people are using it to hold their position in the last hour of combat so they do not lose their spot. Personally the long timer helps. If you don’t attack until the last 2 minutes then you have 5 minutes of holding you basically have an hour where nobody can attack you to advance in positions. I’ve found this tactic to help me stay in the 1-20 rankings for fleet

You've posted this exact thing in every discussion on the topic. Can't wait to see them all get merged and then read this on every page. :D

New to forum posting. Please let me kno if that is not advised lol! Tried to keep it on the ships forums as much as possible :0
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    . :D

Nice Dune reference name
  • Ozwyn
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have hearing difficulties, and these videos have been taunting me!
  • Dragonxswords
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I would love to see more capital ships be added to the game, because right now all we have is 1 rebel, 1 republic, and 2 empire. I think it would be awesome if they added the first order dreadnaught from episode 8. Or maybe one of the Droid battleships from episode 2 or 3 with general grevious as the pilot. (Hopefully with more small droid ships). What do you guys think?
  • Options
    I would like starfighter combat dropped in favor of fleet battles
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The Raddus for Holdo and the Finalizer with Hux would be nice so we can get some real Resistance and First Order synergy going.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Given how few ships there are at the moment, I'd be more interested in seeing more ships first, but yeah, those would both be good.

Though it would still mean the only capital ships would continue to be star destroyers and Mon Cala cruisers. >.>
    Still not a he.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The malevolence.
  • Options
    Put a Hammerhead corvette in as a secondary Capital Ship: it can't hurt the enemy fighters, but it can mess up the enemy capital ship, so if you have better fighter-to-fighter capabilities, you can win against folks that currently depend too heavily on their capital ships.

They'll probably never do it, but it would be fun.

In the meantime, We've got a good selection of FO ships (at least compared to all factions save Rebels), so a FO capital ship would be useful.

I don't actually play ships much: I think it's the least fun part of the game, so I wouldn't mind if they did nothing with it and focussed on making the good aspects of the game great. But if they're going to add ships (and they probably are) Getting the FO/Resistance going with Holdo and Hux + their capital ships would be good. Then add a capital ship for the separatists to face off against Mace. I think those would have to be the 3 biggest priorities.
  • Options
    @ChickenFett139

What do you mean by "Fleet battles"?
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    The Raddus for Holdo and the Finalizer with Hux would be nice so we can get some real Resistance and First Order synergy going.

her special ult ability is to fire herself into the enemy fleet commander thus taking them out but the normal ships still fight without assistance or reinforcements
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see more capital ships be added to the game, because right now all we have is 1 rebel, 1 republic, and 2 empire. I think it would be awesome if they added the first order dreadnaught from episode 8. Or maybe one of the Droid battleships from episode 2 or 3 with general grevious as the pilot. (Hopefully with more small droid ships). What do you guys think?

yes yes yes droid ships would be awesome plus the malevolence for grievous as a capital ship. i see the ultimate ability being a mass unavoidable stun ( i think thats one of the abilities it basically had... shutting down ship systems)
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    ...removing them completely from the game? Ships are just the worst thing ever happened to this game...only need to move the zeta mat into the GW store.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Are you serious? This is like a dagger to my heart...
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Are you serious? This is like a dagger to my heart...

Yes. Please remove them nothing good is coming from ships.
  • Options
    Worst thing.... come on.

Worst thing by far was mods. Turned a level playing field into a P2P speed fest
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Worst thing.... come on.

Worst thing by far was mods. Turned a level playing field into a P2P speed fest

Indeed. I must admit that I started playing right after they released mods. So I never knew the game before.

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @ChickenFett139

What do you mean by "Fleet battles"?

Remember in battlefront the original we had conquest mode to attack a fleet and do ground troops? That concept came from another command and conquer style game. I’d love to see an actual Capital Ship fleet battle where the smallest ship would be a corvette or Imperial special forces cruiser.

Let the big guns duke it out or do a raid style goal of defending or destroying the Death Star or other military target.
  • Options
    The bad thing about ships is, that there where no changes or new meta changing content for a very long time. So everybody in the top ranks is playing same teams and rng decides who will win ( and the dumbness of AI of course). The changes that we are heading for in ship arena will change nothing at all. there will be a short struggle while everybody learns the reworked abilities and then it will continue the same way. As long term player in an old shard, me and my shard buddies all have nearly all ships and crew maxed, so even rework of the battles will not bring any kind of individuality to this part of the game like mods did with arena. So ships are a nuissance that has to be dealt with to get zeta meterials, nothing more.....a pity, because on release of this game part i was quite anxious and happy about but now....
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Options
    I wouldn't miss them. I'm not sure they're the worst, but they're a lot of investment required for a game mode that hasn't improved and that I was bored of by the time I completed the tutorial.
  • Options
    I now hate them because it’s ANOTHER part of the game that requires me to log it at X time of the day to be able to competitively play. Video games should be played on my own schedule when it’s fun, not when some developer says I need to play. That, beyond anything else, is what is forcing me away from SWGOH.
  • Options
    More cowbell baby!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, i don't like ships at all. Obviously removing them entirely iss not a real possibility, so hopefully the rework will make them more enjoyable. It's the next best thing potentially.
    It's unlikely that i will be competing in the fleet arena because of the reason @Bulldog1205 gives. 1 arena is more than enough. A rework that would include getting rid of the pay-out time ánd make the battles more enjoyable would make me a very happy little camper.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    You're breaking my heart, Antares. You're breaking my heart. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    ... Video games should be played on my own schedule when it’s fun, not when some developer says I need to play. That, beyond anything else, is what is forcing me away from SWGOH.

This, the only exception is on competitive content (well like ships arena ...)

• Options
    I now hate them because it’s ANOTHER part of the game that requires me to log it at X time of the day to be able to competitively play. Video games should be played on my own schedule when it’s fun, not when some developer says I need to play. That, beyond anything else, is what is forcing me away from SWGOH.

I think an arena and fleet payout time switch would be ideal. It’s too bad Carrie shot it down. Even if it was a one time only, would help a lot of people. 6-8pm is a terrible time for me and all I have is my gf. For people commuting home from work and feeding/taking care of their families I’m sure most arguments about this game from loved ones occur at payout times.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I think an arena and fleet payout time switch would be ideal. It’s too bad Carrie shot it down. Even if it was a one time only, would help a lot of people. 6-8pm is a terrible time for me and all I have is my gf. For people commuting home from work and feeding/taking care of their families I’m sure most arguments about this game from loved ones occur at payout times.

How would switching them help though? They will still both fall in the 6-8pm window. Maybe with timezone shenigans you currently have your squad pay out at 5pm? But that's only half the year, the other half it's definately in the 6-8pm window.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

How would switching them help though? They will still both fall in the 6-8pm window. Maybe with timezone shenigans you currently have your squad pay out at 5pm? But that's only half the year, the other half it's definately in the 6-8pm window.

Sorry- I didn’t mean switch them around- I meant being able to select a time slot that works better for the player. So if Bulldog hates that he has to log in through out the day, maybe 7am arena and 8 am fleet would be more ideal for him.
  • Options
    That was a weird merge.
  • Options
    BhMojo wrote: »
    And still the Jedi get no rework

They're not going to think about Jedi when a new movie centered around scoundrels/bounty hunters is right around the corner. It will come