[Transcript] Dev QnA w/ AnhaldT101: Ships 2.0!

13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    "I don't like something so get rid of it! Too bad that other people do like it!"

I mean come on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Atarius wrote: »
    ... Video games should be played on my own schedule when it’s fun, not when some developer says I need to play. That, beyond anything else, is what is forcing me away from SWGOH.

This, the only exception is on competitive content (well like ships arena ...)

I don’t care that I have to spend time. I hate that I hate that CG controls WHEN I spend that time. I want to play after dark when my kids have gone to bed, or on my lunch break. Not during dinner.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I now hate them because it’s ANOTHER part of the game that requires me to log it at X time of the day to be able to competitively play. Video games should be played on my own schedule when it’s fun, not when some developer says I need to play. That, beyond anything else, is what is forcing me away from SWGOH.

I think an arena and fleet payout time switch would be ideal. It’s too bad Carrie shot it down. Even if it was a one time only, would help a lot of people. 6-8pm is a terrible time for me and all I have is my gf. For people commuting home from work and feeding/taking care of their families I’m sure most arguments about this game from loved ones occur at payout times.

How would switching them help though? They will still both fall in the 6-8pm window. Maybe with timezone shenigans you currently have your squad pay out at 5pm? But that's only half the year, the other half it's definately in the 6-8pm window.

Sorry- I didn’t mean switch them around- I meant being able to select a time slot that works better for the player. So if Bulldog hates that he has to log in through out the day, maybe 7am arena and 8 am fleet would be more ideal for him.

aah, gotcha, totally misunderstood. It definately would have been easier to deal with if we could pick the most convenient time for ourselfes personally.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    ... Video games should be played on my own schedule when it’s fun, not when some developer says I need to play. That, beyond anything else, is what is forcing me away from SWGOH.

I don’t care that I have to spend time. I hate that I hate that CG controls WHEN I spend that time. I want to play after dark when my kids have gone to bed, or on my lunch break. Not during dinner.

Amen. 7pm squad arena isn't too bad. 8pm fleet arena (especially when fighting for top 5 against people in the same payout) is horrible as that's putting the kids to bed and reading stories time.

"Curious George, he, ah.......NO! Stupid Scimitar!...Sorry, where was I?"

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Thank you for taking your time and doing this. I would hope they, CG, is compensating you in some way in game with crystals or bonuses.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "I don't like something so get rid of it! Too bad that other people do like it!"

I mean come on.

You mean like videos right?

;)
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Amen. 7pm squad arena isn't too bad. 8pm fleet arena (especially when fighting for top 5 against people in the same payout) is horrible as that's putting the kids to bed and reading stories time.

"Curious George, he, ah.......NO! **** Scimitar!...Sorry, where was I?"

Priorities man.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I mean come on.

You mean like videos right?

;)

3AnS.gif

I know you are kidding, but since you have made other posts where you don't seem to understand, no one wants them to get rid of the videos.

It's like the Special Editions of Star Wars. I don't care if they exist. What makes me mad is that the Originals don't also exist.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • FrankLynn
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I apologize in advance if this has already been answered or suggested, but they're going to release a table for PVE fleet battles table, right? So does that mean they're going to add a fleet management screen for saving fleets? Will there be reoccurring events for ships, like assault battles, etc.?

Also, when exactly are they unveiling "Ships 2.0"? Have they announced a firm date yet?