Carbanti crunch

SithAmer
227 posts Member
edited April 2018
Hi @CG_Carrie,

First of all, I appreciate the increased communication from your side.

I would request urgent resolution to the insane carbanti crunch in this game.

Just to give you a perspective, I have recently starred up Shore Trooper, Baze, GK and FOST. I realise that I need 2000+ carbantis for gearing up only these 4 toons!!!! The daily challenges give only 40-50 carbantis a week.

Not to mention that almost every toon in this game needs them at various levels and carbantis are also required as salvage pieces for higher level gears.

The extra ordinary gap between carbanti demand and supply fills me with a sense of despair and hopelessness. It is too steep a climb.

Best regards,
SithAmer

PS: Please bring Jar Jar Binks and a GG rework.

Replies

• Options
    Include Mk V stun guns, Mk V Droid callers, and Mk 3 holo projectors.

Jar Jar is a Sith Lord and Snoke was his puppet. Star Wars Ep IX Lost plot spoiled.
  • Options
    Stun gun crunch feels worse IMO. At least carbantis drop on challenge and you can buy it in various locations. Stun guns are only bought for a fortune and dropped in raids...
  • Options
    DrMaggot wrote: »
    Stun gun crunch feels worse IMO. At least carbantis drop on challenge and you can buy it in various locations. Stun guns are only bought for a fortune and dropped in raids...

Umm the stun guns are farmable in nodes for energy and aren't that expensive to buy in guild shop, guild event shop, and shard shop. Still a crunch but not nearly as bad as you're painting that picture.
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »

Umm the stun guns are farmable in nodes for energy and aren't that expensive to buy in guild shop, guild event shop, and shard shop. Still a crunch but not nearly as bad as you're painting that picture.

Not in the guild store apparently. But I agree otherwise. Cheap in GE store, and can usually get 6 a day from the ****.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Not in the guild store apparently. But I agree otherwise. Cheap in GE store, and can usually get 6 a day from the ****.

Are you sure I coulda swore I bought some there last week when I was gearing up my GK. I honestly could be mistaken but I was pretty sure.

Edit: After thinking about it I may have just been getting carbantis there while going for stun guns everywhere else.
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    Options

Are you sure I coulda swore I bought some there last week when I was gearing up my GK. I honestly could be mistaken but I was pretty sure.

Edit: After thinking about it I may have just been getting carbantis there while going for stun guns everywhere else.

See, I thought I had got them in there are some point, but it's pointed out every couple of days on these forums they aren't there. It's a hard store to keep track of, needed so much stuff out of there.

Been watching it for over a month now, and no stun guns have shown up.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

unless you're in a 160m guild and you've got Hoda and Wampa to 7* already you'd have to be crazy to spend GE currency on gear.
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »

unless you're in a 160m guild and you've got Hoda and Wampa to 7* already you'd have to be crazy to spend GE currency on gear.

Crazy or playing the game how they want to?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The gear crunch is better than it has been in a long time, they have been adding more locations to farm them, (possibly the new ships PvE table too). This may also be addressed when raid rewards get changed (the second time around).

It's not great. But it's getting better.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The gear crunch is better than it has been in a long time, they have been adding more locations to farm them, (possibly the new ships PvE table too). This may also be addressed when raid rewards get changed (the second time around).

It's not great. But it's getting better.

It absolutely has. And is much appreciated. Let's not lose site that they had to do this because of the growth in the game. New characters are coming out faster than you can star and gear the last one (FTP or minnow style).

The real challenge, that I hope they're mulling over, is how to get raid gear into players hands. Even middle tier Guilds now have a majority of players that solo the rancor so players are getting less gear by nature of the random attribution of rankings. So we're forced to use that currency to buy raid exclusive gear because there is no where else to obtain them and the drop rate on callers, scanners, and Nubian tech is abysmal. (at least for me, I have 300 furnaces, 10 scanners). So if you're farming raid gear in the guild store, every single character is at a standstill because they're all waiting for a carbanti or gear piece that requires a carbanti. I don't mind the slow grind of Mk V stun guns, thermal detonators, or cuffs. I just hate that I'm slow grinding across three elements. Raid gear that doesn't drop in raids, carbs, and cuffs/guns/holo projectors.

If they're not going to fix raid gear drops, just give us the carbs. We're still bottlenecked across 2 other gear elements before we reach G11/G12 and all that mayhem.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    The thread title is making me hungry. It's about a candy bar, right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The thread title is making me hungry. It's about a candy bar, right?

Yeah me too. I hope it's about a candy bar because I need one right about now.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.