How old is the majority of player base?

Replies

• Options
    I’m a teen, and I hate my generation.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone felt like that when they were a teenager; at least the more introverted ones. I know I had nothing but contempt for most of my high school class as a teenager, but these days I'm more baffled and/or indifferent.

I’m actually pretty extrovert. They just do too many cringy things, at least in the US

No need for the qualifier then! I was worried I was painting with too broad a brush, but was fairly certain all the more introverted teenagers I've known hated their generation. So, eh.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone felt like that when they were a teenager; at least the more introverted ones. I know I had nothing but contempt for most of my high school class as a teenager, but these days I'm more baffled and/or indifferent.

I’m actually pretty extrovert. They just do too many cringy things, at least in the US

*cough cough* tide pods *cough cough*

I think that anyone born between 1999-2003 should be part of the “Hybrid” generation since we’re not **** enough to eat tide pods and don’t want to be associated with the 12 year olds that did...and we’re not millennials either. Yet we have attributes of both millennials and gen z.

If you think people your own age didn't do the "tide pod challenge" or something equally dense then you're naive. Just saying.
  • Options

No need for the qualifier then! I was worried I was painting with too broad a brush, but was fairly certain all the more introverted teenagers I've known hated their generation. So, eh.

I think that anyone born between 1999-2003 should be part of the “Hybrid” generation since we’re not **** enough to eat tide pods and don’t want to be associated with the 12 year olds that did...and we’re not millennials either. Yet we have attributes of both millennials and gen z.

If you think people your own age didn't do the "tide pod challenge" or something equally dense then you're naive. Just saying.

No, I realize people my age are that dumb as well but I think it sort of rules out the majority of people my age from any sort of discussion because people from our generation have been dumb enough to eat a tide pod, which is a hasty generalization (for example, I have watched political debates where the argument against someone my age was "I can't take anyone who was eating tide pods a week ago seriously") considering that the majority actually did not eat tide pods, and anyone who insists that my generation can't be taken seriously because of the minority that ate tide pods is as dense as anyone dumb enough to sitck laundry detergent in their mouth.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Only people that grew up in the 80s were happy teens. Mainly because we were too dense to not be happy. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Only people that grew up in the 80s were happy teens. Mainly because we were too dense to not be happy. ;)

And not much social media. No evidence of silly things done.
  • Options

No, I realize people my age are that dumb as well but I think it sort of rules out the majority of people my age from any sort of discussion because people from our generation have been dumb enough to eat a tide pod, which is a hasty generalization (for example, I have watched political debates where the argument against someone my age was "I can't take anyone who was eating tide pods a week ago seriously") considering that the majority actually did not eat tide pods, and anyone who insists that my generation can't be taken seriously because of the minority that ate tide pods is as dense as anyone dumb enough to sitck laundry detergent in their mouth.

Eh, people being dismissive of the younger generation is just something that happens; especially when it's about love and/or politics. The consensus--from that point of view--generally is "you don't have the life experience to understand what you're talking about and therefore shouldn't have an opinion on it" or if they're a little more scientific they'll point out that the prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until the mid twenties (personality, logic, decision making, etc, etc, etc). Sucks, but it is what it is.

As far as that "argument" that's just when you take full license to be obnoxious. Pretend you're kittenposting on the internet and shout "strawman!" or "ab hominem!" over and over again until they roll their eyes and walk away, or just go the Molyneux (no need to watch any of the hour long plus videos from the guy) route of "not an argument!"

Also, posting this for Nikoms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0gYbTNctU
  • Options

2002 guy here and yeah tide pods were a bad time... the thing I can’t stand is that every teengage boy is obsessed with fortnite and always talking about it. I don’t talk about this game or other games I consider the best 24/7
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    What the kitten is a tide pod and fortnite?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

laundry detergent and 2 weeks of bad spelling.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

laundry detergent and 2 weeks of bad spelling.

Wot? They’re challenging each other to EAT LAUNDRY DETERGENT? These people deserve a Darwin Award.
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Nobody should imply that the current generation invented dumb, that's demonstrably untrue *cough cough* Slavery, eugenics, Na.zis *cough cough* Honestly, the speed at which people are shaking their fist at people and saying 'in my day' after they turn 18 is was way more frightening than tide pods. Dumb knows no age.

giphy.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Nobody should imply that the current generation invented dumb, that's demonstrably untrue *cough cough* Slavery, eugenics, Na.zis *cough cough* Honestly, the speed at which people are shaking their fist at people and saying 'in my day' after they turn 18 is was way more frightening than tide pods. Dumb knows no age.

giphy.gif

Kanye is the GOAT. Well, he was "in my day", his new stuff isn't all that ;)
  • Options

giphy.gif

It's the silent W (what) inbetween the G and the OAT that matters. Right at this moment he's just another disconnected, uneducated rich dude. Harsh, but sometimes you gotta tell dumb people they're being dumb on the off chance they might read or something.

giphy.gif
  • Options

giphy.gif

I think what I’m saying is being misinterpreted—all I mean is that it’s bothersome that my generation is being disregarded because a few of the people my age were dumb enough to eat a tide pod and call it a challenge. Though, understandably, every generation has done something stupid and we all eventually move on, but for the time being I prefer not to be grouped with those who are stupid enough to eat laundry detergent.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options

giphy.gif

I think what I’m saying is being misinterpreted—all I mean is that it’s bothersome that my generation is being disregarded because a few of the people my age were dumb enough to eat a tide pod and call it a challenge. Though, understandably, every generation has done something **** and we all eventually move on, but for the time being I prefer not to be grouped with those who are **** enough to eat laundry detergent.

No, I get you. When I hear people dismiss the idea of younger people being allowed to have an opinion on guns or anything because of the tide pod thing, I get irritated. Every generation does dumb, I would argue that if you actually crunched the numbers, each successive generation does less dumb stuff, but that's hard to quantify.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people are acting like Kayne only just now went off the rails; he's been off the rails forever and shows no sign of ever returning to them. Kayne saying random, outrageous, off-the-wall stuff isn't new, people.

Though, it probably goes without saying, the majority of celebrities--and certain rich people, yes--are out-of-touch, have massive superiority complexes (IE think they know better than you do), and closer to insane than sane. Just saying.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

giphy.gif

It's the silent W (what) inbetween the G and the OAT that matters. Right at this moment he's just another disconnected, uneducated rich dude. Harsh, but sometimes you gotta tell dumb people they're being dumb on the off chance they might read or something.

He's just misunderstood. He operates on a whole different level than us normal folk.
    Truthfully, i don't know much about the guy other than his music. People love to hate him for some reason though. To some he might be the posterboy of everything that is wrong with his generation ;)
  • Options

giphy.gif

He's just misunderstood. He operates on a whole different level than us normal folk.
    Truthfully, i don't know much about the guy other than his music. People love to hate him for some reason though. To some he might be the posterboy of everything that is wrong with his generation ;)

I don't hate him. I just think he's really....really....dumb. And who're you calling normal?

normal-people-scare-me-0.jpeg
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are acting like Kayne only just now went off the rails; he's been off the rails forever and shows no sign of ever returning to them. Kayne saying random, outrageous, off-the-wall stuff isn't new, people.

Though, it probably goes without saying, the majority of celebrities--and certain rich people, yes--are out-of-touch, have massive superiority complexes (IE think they know better than you do), and closer to insane than sane. Just saying.

Because even though he was off the rails, he was still off the rails on their "side" (political left). But now he's (seemingly) in support of Trump, so they've stopped overlooking all the weird things he does.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Because even though he was off the rails, he was still off the rails on their "side" (political left). But now he's (seemingly) in support of Trump, so they've stopped overlooking all the weird things he does.

No, I just never paid any attention to him till he said something to the effect of put Michael Jordan on the 20 dollar bill because he couldn't relate to Harriet Tubman. I'm betting he doesn't actually vote, so let him support whoever he wants.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i love how this poll turned into a thread about kanye. Can we do Shia Labeouf next ?
    screen_shot_2018-03-14_at_11.52.38_am.png?itok=IvZ9tWYT

• Options
    i love how this poll turned into a thread about kanye. Can we do Shia Labeouf next ?

Only if we get to mock how badly Shia was trolled after the election.
  • Options

Sure. Acting is hard, that's why he doesn't 'just do it'. :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    And just when I thought the Tide Pod Challenge was bad, someone informed me that it's passe and the slightly more recent challenge is the Condom Snorting Challenge. Amazing.
  • Options
    And just when I thought the Tide Pod Challenge was bad, someone informed me that it's passe and the slightly more recent challenge is the Condom Snorting Challenge. Amazing.

The 2 girls eating the world's hottest pepper comes to mind. I won't even post it here, but one girl is hospitalized and the other while literally looking like she's dying manages to plug her YouTube channel. Like I said, it's not age really, it's judgement and ability through tech.
  • Options

... At least that won't melt your insides the way laundry detergent will. Might send you to the hospital with an obstructed airway, but it won't melt your insides. Unless this is a used condom, in which, gross; enjoy your VD.

If it makes you feel better, my group of high school friends (and this was pretty sane for them) liked to pretend they were martial artists and have all out sword-fights with wooden swords. During one such fight one of the girls broke another girl's hand (and the first was probably three times the size of the second; she was tall and broad-shouldered and looked like an amazon, the other was closer to pixie-sized, except that she looked and dressed like a 10 year old boy). To add extra humor to this, everyone in that group except myself and a couple other people, wore those Hot Topic Tripp pants everywhere.
  • Options

I did not even know that was a thing. Humans are crazy
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Yup. However, as a millennial, I resent the claim that only our generation is filled with idi0ts. Yes, we do a lot of dumb things, but so did every other generation before us.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Yup. However, as a millennial, I resent the claim that only our generation is filled with idi0ts. Yes, we do a lot of dumb things, but so did every other generation before us.

I am actually capable of doing the math on who does the most harm. It's not constructive, but let's just say nobody comes away looking good.
  • Options

I am actually capable of doing the math on who does the most harm. It's not constructive, but let's just say nobody comes away looking good.

When in doubt blame the boomers. :^)