How old is the majority of player base?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    And just when I thought the Tide Pod Challenge was bad, someone informed me that it's passe and the slightly more recent challenge is the Condom Snorting Challenge. Amazing.

I did not even know that was a thing. Humans are crazy

Yup. However, as a millennial, I resent the claim that only our generation is filled with idi0ts. Yes, we do a lot of dumb things, but so did every other generation before us.

I am actually capable of doing the math on who does the most harm. It's not constructive, but let's just say nobody comes away looking good.

the math shows that the world has never been as awesome as it is now, yeey millenials !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    And just when I thought the Tide Pod Challenge was bad, someone informed me that it's passe and the slightly more recent challenge is the Condom Snorting Challenge. Amazing.

Yup. However, as a millennial, I resent the claim that only our generation is filled with idi0ts. Yes, we do a lot of dumb things, but so did every other generation before us.

I am actually capable of doing the math on who does the most harm. It's not constructive, but let's just say nobody comes away looking good.

Well... you have a point. But what makes you cringe more, hippies or kids snorting condoms and tide pods.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

the math shows that the world has never been as awesome as it is now, yeey millenials !

Like I said, overall yes. Although many flat earth people are young, so that's not great.

Well... you have a point. But what makes you cringe more, hippies or kids snorting condoms and tide pods.

The tide pods. Hippies weren't the problematic part of that generation, so there's a ton of blame for that generation too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I’m a teen, and I hate my generation.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone felt like that when they were a teenager; at least the more introverted ones. I know I had nothing but contempt for most of my high school class as a teenager, but these days I'm more baffled and/or indifferent.

I’m actually pretty extrovert. They just do too many cringy things, at least in the US

No need for the qualifier then! I was worried I was painting with too broad a brush, but was fairly certain all the more introverted teenagers I've known hated their generation. So, eh.
    I’m a teen, and I hate my generation.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone felt like that when they were a teenager; at least the more introverted ones. I know I had nothing but contempt for most of my high school class as a teenager, but these days I'm more baffled and/or indifferent.

I’m actually pretty extrovert. They just do too many cringy things, at least in the US

*cough cough* tide pods *cough cough*

I think that anyone born between 1999-2003 should be part of the “Hybrid” generation since we’re not **** enough to eat tide pods and don’t want to be associated with the 12 year olds that did...and we’re not millennials either. Yet we have attributes of both millennials and gen z.

If you think people your own age didn't do the "tide pod challenge" or something equally dense then you're naive. Just saying.

No, I realize people my age are that dumb as well but I think it sort of rules out the majority of people my age from any sort of discussion because people from our generation have been dumb enough to eat a tide pod, which is a hasty generalization (for example, I have watched political debates where the argument against someone my age was "I can't take anyone who was eating tide pods a week ago seriously") considering that the majority actually did not eat tide pods, and anyone who insists that my generation can't be taken seriously because of the minority that ate tide pods is as dense as anyone dumb enough to sitck laundry detergent in their mouth.

Eh, people being dismissive of the younger generation is just something that happens; especially when it's about love and/or politics. The consensus--from that point of view--generally is "you don't have the life experience to understand what you're talking about and therefore shouldn't have an opinion on it" or if they're a little more scientific they'll point out that the prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until the mid twenties (personality, logic, decision making, etc, etc, etc). Sucks, but it is what it is.

As far as that "argument" that's just when you take full license to be obnoxious. Pretend you're kittenposting on the internet and shout "strawman!" or "ab hominem!" over and over again until they roll their eyes and walk away, or just go the Molyneux (no need to watch any of the hour long plus videos from the guy) route of "not an argument!"

Also, posting this for Nikoms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0gYbTNctU

Hey now - I said 80's, not 70's. I'm not THAT old. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Like I said, overall yes. Although many flat earth people are young, so that's not great.

The tide pods. Hippies weren't the problematic part of that generation, so there's a ton of blame for that generation too.

Hippies were the first thing that came to my mind, I didn’t really mean anything by it
  • Options

Hippies were the first thing that came to my mind, I didn’t really mean anything by it

It's ok, I'm not old enough to be a hippie. :p
  • Options

Cool, let’s hope no more debate is gonna happen
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Cool, let’s hope no more debate is gonna happen

vmr8p58yevp01.jpg
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options

Very true. But we didn't document it and share it with the world.
  • Options

The 'we didn't write our mistakes down' is not exactly a moral high ground position, yeah?
  • Options

The 'we didn't write our mistakes down' is not exactly a moral high ground position, yeah?

Never stated it was a high ground. Rather, simply stated there is rarely evidence of our dumb stuff- which we in fact did.

• Options
    I heard of the tide pod thing a while back, my eyebrow was raised and made me think of how we could make eugenics work.......then I considered most of the people favouring eugenics are various asterisks worth of unpleasant language (myself included if I stick by the line of thinking).

So according to science, the human raced is boned either way. The less intelligent will make the film Idiocracy a documentary and the smart people will destroy the universe.

Also given the amount of proof reading and inability to use a keyboard properly still after 37 years means my genetic material is not desirable anyway.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

Never stated it was a high ground. Rather, simply stated there is rarely evidence of our dumb stuff- which we in fact did.

Spaceman has a point there Vette. Also everybody is on a social media account. I just don’t get the purpose of that. Who wants to see what you do everyday. I sure don’t
  • Options

Spaceman has a point there Vette. Also everybody is on a social media account. I just don’t get the purpose of that. Who wants to see what you do everyday. I sure don’t

And if one more person posts a picture of the delicious muffin they're going to eat, I will burn down the internets. :p
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

And if one more person posts a picture of the delicious muffin they're going to eat, I will burn down the internets. :p

IMG_1017-1.jpg
    I don't actually have a muffin, but I want to see this happen, so here we go
  • Options
    Ok, I know you're gonna be mad, but I can't burn down the internets...but let's do this instead!

giphy.gif

:D
  • Options
    I came across this earlier today and thought of you guys/this thread:

nOsjbAe.jpg
  • Options

nOsjbAe.jpg

That will be an interesting story to explain a few years down the road when people are eating...whatever, I don't even wanna suggest something as a joke. :#
  • Options

nOsjbAe.jpg

Not gonna lie, that’s pretty funny that somebody got a tattoo about that
  • Options
    I'm the youngest in my guild, and it's great. I got many life lessons and what not to dos. :-)
  • Options
    I'm the youngest in my guild, and it's great. I got many life lessons and what not to dos. :-)
    That’s great man, I’m one of the youngest in my guild too. I’m very close to some members of my guild
  • Torin_Woodle
    464 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That’s great man, I’m one of the youngest in my guild too. I’m very close to some members of my guild

Though, I'm probably not as young as you think I am, and after reading most of the comments in this thread, I'm definitely not dumb as most other people of my generation are.

Edit: That's awesome man! None of my irl friends have the patience to play this game, so I enjoy chatting with my guildies. Everyone in my guild lives far away from me, but that changes nothing.
  • Options

Though, I'm probably not as young as you think I am, and after reading most of the comments in this thread, I'm definitely not dumb as most other people of my generation are.

Edit: That's awesome man! None of my irl friends have the patience to play this game, so I enjoy chatting with my guildies. Everyone in my guild lives far away from me, but that changes nothing.

Same, I live in the US and most of my guild mates live in Spain. Let’s hope the next trend our generation picks up on isn’t as cringy as others.
  • Options
    I'm ..ugh.. 60 come October.
  • Options

I feel like millennials themselves are waaaay too hard on themselves. Every metric says you guys are and will continue to be an amazing generation. We can dismiss the tide pod guys, because everywhere else you guys are crushing it.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/11-positive-facts-millennials

https://www.agencyascend.com/blog/41-revealing-statistics-about-millennials-every-marketer-should-know

Stand out stuff for me: Ironically, millennials don’t cash in ridiculously huge paychecks, but their sheer numbers still create quite the impact - especially since these people tend to rely on their peers for social reference regarding the brands they support.

Millennials like brands they could trust. We all do, in a way, but this generation is particularly known for it, which may be a result of growing up with all the necessary information just a click away.

This means that the crooked companies will fall out of the running to leave the ethical underdogs in first place

Think about that. For a traditional corporation, that's horrifying. Companies already depend on these consumers, and they can't just not be bad, the must do good works. If they don't, millenials will just support companies that do and not yours. Betray trust and it could go viral and you could be dead overnight. Sounds like an effing win to me.

giphy.gif
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options

I feel like millennials themselves are waaaay too hard on themselves. Every metric says you guys are and will continue to be an amazing generation. We can dismiss the tide pod guys, because everywhere else you guys are crushing it.

https://www.agencyascend.com/blog/41-revealing-statistics-about-millennials-every-marketer-should-know

Stand out stuff for me: Ironically, millennials don’t cash in ridiculously huge paychecks, but their sheer numbers still create quite the impact - especially since these people tend to rely on their peers for social reference regarding the brands they support.

Millennials like brands they could trust. We all do, in a way, but this generation is particularly known for it, which may be a result of growing up with all the necessary information just a click away.

This means that the crooked companies will fall out of the running to leave the ethical underdogs in first place

Think about that. For a traditional corporation, that's horrifying. Companies already depend on these consumers, and they can't just not be bad, the must do good works. If they don't, millenials will just support companies that do and not yours. Betray trust and it could go viral and you could be dead overnight. Sounds like an effing win to me.

giphy.gif

The Free Market is beautiful!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

giphy.gif

Well, I'm not a millenial...I'm a generation Z kid, but that doesn't change what you said.
  • Options
    Well, I'm not a millenial.....I'm a generation Z kid, but that doesn't change what you said.

Had to type it in again because this thing got weird when I was typing this with your comment being quoted.
  • Options
    Well, I'm not a millenial.....I'm a generation Z kid, but that doesn't change what you said.

Had to type it in again because this thing got weird when I was typing this with your comment being quoted.

It's also important to remember these hard generational lines are artificial and pretty meaningless outside of targeted advertising. Many of the things attributed to millenials in the link I posted apply to multiple generations (ie if you're on this site, you probably have 2-3 tech devices and touch them 45 times+ a day). It's just how people are moving. That's generally a good thing.