BH rework interview, Radio Free Tatooine

Prev13
Not sure how many have heard this yet. It’s long, we need notes - way too much information to get heads around, but all positive stuff.

https://radiofreetatooine.com/galactic-war-report-episode-104-exclusive-bounty-hunter-reworks-bossk-reveal/

Replies

• Options
    Yeah absolute joke an hour and a half
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This is even worse than the GC youtube videos..... so CG just not caring at all about the hard of hearing / deaf at all now...
  • Options
    The link seems not to be working anymore
  • Options
    A Charakter reveal on a Podcast where you can't even reread the abilities yourself is the most stupid thing they have done so far with those interviews
  • Options
    Andraegon wrote: »
    A Charakter reveal on a Podcast where you can't even reread the abilities yourself is the most **** thing they have done so far with those interviews

it's called pen and paper. write it down if you want to reread it right away. it will be coming out in text form with the release, so if you want to wait til then, then just be a little patient. there is nothing preventing you from hitting pause on a podcast and rewinding in case you missed something. I for one loved hearing the dev's excitement as they detail what the changes are! great job CG!
  • Options
    Yeah out of all the places to reveal a toon this is about the dumbest way they could have chose
  • Options
    These reworks have breathed new life into a faction and I can't wait to use them and come up with new squads! Really top notch squad and I just wanted to say thanks to all the hard working people at CG for the excellent work they did in bringing this update to us. As a bounty hunter fan, this made my day!
  • Options
    What a horrible idea to reveal character kits/reworks like this. Where are the updated Character Strategy posts like we usually get?

Yeesh, if you need a community manager this badly, maybe it's time to drop the requirement for a bachelor's degree and/or commuting out there.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    9ej7zsfu0tdj.png
    9xvzameahdq7.png
    rpcsj2ylhw9u.png
    l4lgva1e4oup.png
    jaakhbdcr9un.gif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    D_Nemes1s wrote: »
    Yeah out of all the places to reveal a toon this is about the dumbest way they could have chose

I think you underestimate their power. The next one will be released in a 2 hour interview....in Klingon and done on live radio.

"Improved communication" is starting to sound a lot like "August" and "soon".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ty Brando.
    Well at least I know why no one has commented about communication through YouTube’s- because they have so much more to share through more videos and podcasts.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Options
    *removed*
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i blame ea_jesse, he's the one who was a guest on this podcast first ! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I just happen to listen to this podcast every week so I'd rather this than a video.

With that said, this is still a terrible way to go. Forum posts as well, please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Agree the videos/podcast followed by a write-up is way to go. They should not be resistant to that format. I also listen to this podcast - it's solid and normally moves at a good pace. When I commute in and lose cell service it's a solid listen. Contract abilities sound great but maybe hard to keep track of - feel like for longer fights they may just happen and will be hard to manage with all the taunts, changes to TM, etc.
  • Options
    Never... I will never listen to anything that long for something like this. the 35 minute GC are already way to much.
    I think I'mma just go away now and wait for CG to do something right, maybe I'll re-engage after that....
    tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Jack92
    179 posts Member
    Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    Andraegon wrote: »
    A Charakter reveal on a Podcast where you can't even reread the abilities yourself is the most **** thing they have done so far with those interviews

it's called pen and paper. write it down if you want to reread it right away. it will be coming out in text form with the release, so if you want to wait til then, then just be a little patient. there is nothing preventing you from hitting pause on a podcast and rewinding in case you missed something. I for one loved hearing the dev's excitement as they detail what the changes are! great job CG!

There are also people who do not understand English very well.
    Especially if you are not used to listening in English everyday.

A native English speaker listens to him in an hour, for the others it is very difficult to put so "little" time.
    In addition to deaf people who can not have official information from the developers.

I think these are good reasons to release a written format in concomitance with audio and video's traces.
  • Options
    The mechanics and skills they improved or implemented sound great and fun. But somehow it doesn't feel like "balancing" but riding the power spiral. It sounds not like a little tweaking but like loading a ton of new gizmos and powers on each toon. Very fitting and fluffy stuff, but still the goal seems to be to make them a bit better than the current meta...
    witch makes sense to earn money ofc. but will eventually result in a game where people completely lose the overview over all the skills and powers.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    What a terrible way to release information. Cheers RJ_Brando for posting that though.

Also, Boba - "defeat the first enemy that takes a turn", setting him up right there to get Han, it's just like the films. Woo.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    You've been saying the same thing for a week now. We get it. You don't like watching videos and don't like listening to podcasts.

Hey, guess what? They're going to make a post. This stuff isn't coming out tomorrow, you can read about it when the post is made. Before all of this they would post something a week before it comes out. Now they're going to post something a week before it comes out and engage community youtubers and podcasters two weeks before it comes out. You still get your post.

Now quit your kvetching about stuff that doesn't matter.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    "We don't like that they don't engage the community and communicate with us!"
    *starts sharing information with a co-ordinated campaign of community figures*
    "We still don't like it!"

What do you want them to do, show up at your doorstep with a royal decree and a town crier?
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

What do you want them to do, show up at your doorstep with a royal decree and a town crier?

Would be nice. Hopefully in the morning when I’m free.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Would be nice. Hopefully in the morning when I’m free.

"We don't like the font on the decree!"
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Except that the methods they are now using to share "information" is:

1) Not easily accessible to all players (especially non-English speakers)

2) A terrible inefficient use of time (a 20 minute video - or the most recent 90 minute one for a few sentences of actual information)

3) Almost impossible to reference or disseminate to others (other than "click here to watch a 20 minute video).

But yeah, other than that, your complete straw man and utter misrepresentation of the complaints is dead on.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except that the methods they are now using to share "information" is:

1) Not easily accessible to all players (especially non-English speakers)

2) A terrible inefficient use of time (a 20 minute video - or the most recent 90 minute one for a few sentences of actual information)

3) Almost impossible to reference or disseminate to others (other than "click here to watch a 20 minute video).

But yeah, other than that, your complete straw man and utter misrepresentation of the complaints is dead on.

I don't think I've ever seen you write something that doesn't amount to "I hate this game." Why are you even playing anymore? It's just a constant spewing of toxicity and negativism for the past year.
  • Options
    That awkward feel when this thread becomes a war between the Nic/ks.

And I gotta say I agree, you are prone to strawman Nic; "Ayn Rand fanfiction" is still one of my favorite comments from you.
  • Options
    @RJ__Brando thanks for writing it out! That helped a lot.(I too wish they had transcripts)

Was any info released about how Bossk is coming to the game? Like is he marquee? Or was that not said?(I didn’t watch it, it’s too long
  • Options
    The introduction of "infinity garillion" damage is the most daunting aspect of the podcast.
  • Options
    To be fair (and I'm biased because I'm a weekly listener of the podcast), the vast majority of that 90 minute run time was directly related to the BH rework and Bossk. They went through behind the scenes info of their design, breakdown of every changed and new ability, etc. It's a LOT of content, not just a couple throwaway sentences.