How to counter Phoenix teams?

2Next

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Sabine is like having Zam on a hunter line. First turn she can pop demolish, then you poke each guy and the stagger drops the tm back to zero. If you're lucky you can use demolish again before they get any turns. I've gone whole battles in arena where the enemy never hits, just like with Zam. The ai can't think that much tho lol
    Bonus points if you're using Zeb basic or Ezra/Hera assists to add stun to that TM drain.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    I've only seen two teams that can efficiently kill Phoenix teams at the high end (g12 with actual proper mods- most ppl don't even come close to modding them effectively). First is palp lead with vader and tarkin, but my 230 speed guys can usually overtake them if vader dies fast, sabine's mass stagger leaves only vader able to fight back. Second is JTR, only if very well modded also. Trick is to kill Kannan, otherwise they all regain 25% health per debut and can counter, which combined with his zeta means they won't die until he does. Sabine can wipe a whole team in two turns if she's build properly also, or put are stagger & expose on the whole team and they can kill multiple toons before you even get a turn.

CLS rebels at high end blow right through them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    I used to run a hodge podge team with resistance and first order. I ran Phasma, FOO, Kylo, FOTP, and Rey Scavenger. I made FOO my fastest, then rey my second fastest. Marching orders to tie pilot, special on ezra, use rey's second special to wipe him out. Then wear them down since they have no damage output. Although it has no tank, it holds on defense in newer shards. As your shard ages you'll need to change as I did though.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Buff immunity, dispels, and daze
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey man, I think I was in your place not so long time ago:) NS with Phoenix: they can’t kill you but the timer just runs out)
    Right now my team is: Zombie, Assaj, Daka, KRU and Bobba
    https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/
    First advice: mods. MODS. Get lvl 5 speed arrows they really help.
    I still have trouble with good Phoenix team, but here’s some advices:
    1. Assaj: if you manage to stack high attack from zombie dying you could break through their healing
    2. Bobba: they tend to have lots of buffs and debuffs from you, so on a lucky crit you could kill that nasty chopper in one shot.
    3. Auto: it’s fun but sometimes auto could beat the team that you couldn’t - computer takes turns faster, and that leads to more power on Assaj

Healing immunity is cool, and i’m farming Masked Kylo, but on our lvl you just can’t afford to spread out much.

And Bobba would also clear you credit heist, KRU is in my team because he has buff removal, and amazing ship for fleet arena. Also looks like with him in team i’m falling in arena ranks a little slower.

• Options
    Hey man, I think I was in your place not so long time ago:) NS with Phoenix: they can’t kill you but the timer just runs out)
    Right now my team is: Zombie, Assaj, Daka, KRU and Bobba
    https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/
    First advice: mods. MODS. Get lvl 5 speed arrows they really help.
    I still have trouble with good Phoenix team, but here’s some advices:
    1. Assaj: if you manage to stack high attack from zombie dying you could break through their healing
    2. Bobba: they tend to have lots of buffs and debuffs from you, so on a lucky crit you could kill that nasty chopper in one shot.
    3. Auto: it’s fun but sometimes auto could beat the team that you couldn’t - computer takes turns faster, and that leads to more power on Assaj

Healing immunity is cool, and i’m farming Masked Kylo, but on our lvl you just can’t afford to spread out much.

And Bobba would also clear you credit heist, KRU is in my team because he has buff removal, and amazing ship for fleet arena. Also looks like with him in team i’m falling in arena ranks a little slower.

Definitely looking to increase zombie speed. The more she dies the better!

Thank you for your help
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think killing chopper first is best (get rid of healing/taunt/CD recduction chance+buffs/dispell) yeah killing Ezra is great but chopper can make fights painfully long.

My kill order chopper>Hera>Anyone else normally Ezra though
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I've only seen two teams that can efficiently kill Phoenix teams at the high end (g12 with actual proper mods- most ppl don't even come close to modding them effectively). First is palp lead with vader and tarkin, but my 230 speed guys can usually overtake them if vader dies fast, sabine's mass stagger leaves only vader able to fight back. Second is JTR, only if very well modded also. Trick is to kill Kannan, otherwise they all regain 25% health per debut and can counter, which combined with his zeta means they won't die until he does. Sabine can wipe a whole team in two turns if she's build properly also, or put are stagger & expose on the whole team and they can kill multiple toons before you even get a turn.

What would you say are the proper mods for Phoenix teams?

I would say arena mods, basically. I can usually hold top 100 in arena with them with only 2 battles a day
    Sabine - ~240 speed, 73% potency (need to land staggar/expose on everyone quickly)
    Zeb - ~170 speed, 186 crit damage, ~70% potency (need to daze, crit damage helps the zeta)
    Hera- ~200 speed, 70% tenacity (need her to resist and call others)
    Kanan - ~190 speed, lots of health and protection, ~60 tenacity (tanky, but fast to dispel)
    Chopper - ~220 speed, lots of health and protection (better on defense or TB)
    Ezra - ~220 speed, boost crit damage/chance as much as possible (offense or in raids only)