DT drop rates

DarthDarius
74 posts Member
edited April 2018
Anyone have any idea what the drop rate is for death trooper? I have gone 0 for 21 spanning 2 days. At 16 energy a pop that's a little bit of kitten. Wasn't there supposed to be some transparency about drop rates? And yes, before anyone says it, knowing the drop rate wouldn't really help. Just curious plus it's an excuse to b*tch since that's 336 energy blown for nothing.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    ~33%
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    It’s the same as it is for everything else—roughly 1/3. It doesn’t change. Sometimes you just have bad luck.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    it can be frustrating but keep in mind you're always getting something from farming those nodes. even if you don't get the shards you want, you're at least getting cantina credits, ability mats and such.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I'm averaging 1 in 3. Just got 3 from 4 at lunchtime, made a little excited noise to myself
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    You have 2000 purple mats and the catina store nearly maxed out but you don't have Death Trooper?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    33% would be good luck. Lol rarely get 33% on ANYTHING.

I'm sure, that if you actually track your drops, you will see that character shard average a 30—35% drop rate. Come back with your results, when you've tracked 300+ battles.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    He never said gear, he said shards.

Different gear has different drop rates. The easiest green gear is 100%. Some other green gear is around 50%. Purple is around 20%.

Come back when you have useful data to share. Otherwise you're just projecting your limited sample size (and probably faulty memory) onto the rest of us.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have any idea what the drop rate is for death trooper?

Don't ask a question if you don't want to listen to the answer.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have any idea what the drop rate is for death trooper? I have gone 0 for 21 spanning 2 days. At 16 energy a pop that's a little bit of kitten. Wasn't there supposed to be some transparency about drop rates? And yes, before anyone says it, knowing the drop rate wouldn't really help. Just curious plus it's an excuse to b*tch since that's 336 energy blown for nothing.

Never
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

I'm sure, that if you actually track your drops, you will see that character shard average a 30—35% drop rate. Come back with your results, when you've tracked 300+ battles.

I tracked more than 1000 battles the variance is bigger: 28% to 38%, the final % is around 32%+, but the streakyness is extreme.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Get out of here with your data. Don't you know the OP has proved the drop rate is 0%?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Get out of here with your data. Don't you know the OP has proved the drop rate is 0%?

The OP just shows what we all know, the streakyness is extreme, and he is dissapointed for that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Asks droprate, gets awnser, refutes awnser.
    gg forum, you win again xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »

The OP just shows what we all know, the streakyness is extreme, and he is dissapointed for that.

This forum has proved that plenty of people don't know that, or at least, don't understand it.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »

This forum has proved that plenty of people don't know that, or at least, don't understand it.

You are right, it seems that plenty of people still do not know, anyway I know it happens because I counted sim results, but I do not understand how it happens.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Yawn. Spoken like someone incapable of or unwilling to grasp a different perspective. Come back when you have something useful to add.

The reality is there are clear trends where certain items have better drop rates and others worse. There are certain pieces of gear that are 100% and have been for many, many months. Others are closer to 5%. Maybe the average is 33% but everything is not 33%.

0 for 27 and counting. Wonder what the record is.

I just had 3 DT shards drop from 4 battles. Using your logic and acceptance of small sample sizes would make the drop rate 75%. That's fairly good, don't you think?

Yes, drop rates vary on various gear pieces, but that's not the subject here. The subject is drop rates on DT's cantina node. Don't change the subject simply because you're out of serious arguments. Stay on subject. Come back when you have tracked the drops from a large number of battles. Anything else is silly.