About the new chat rework

Prev13
Biggest mistake you'll ever do is implement a global chat. I got banned from marvel strike force for telling a joke. Yeah it was a little excessive joke but honestly the amount of people that get offended by that kind of stuff is insane.

The chat gets incredibly toxic and people get very mad. I got banned after a month of excessive gaming, putting so many hours and 30 dollars for the dumbest reason, I think if you add a global chat the same stuff will happen to this game.

It's not worth it just don't do it.

Replies

• Options
    Or don't say offensive jokes on global chat? It's not worth it, just don't do it.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    You've survived 30 posts here so far...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It would be risky for me lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe they said they are not doing a global chat for that basic reason, it's just too much to manage.
  • Options
    Ewok squeeze toys and Star Wars coloring books with a cry room attached to the bridge of the Death Star. Maybe throw some legos out, too and Elmer’s glue and paste for them to lick.
  • Options
    Now I won't get to put Asl?
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Or...we could just not tell "excessive jokes" and instead use the chat for something like...star wars maybe?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ewok squeeze toys and Star Wars coloring books with a cry room attached to the bridge of the Death Star. Maybe throw some legos out, too and Elmer’s glue and paste for them to lick.
    Careful with those LEGO, someone might step on one. And the glue, baaaaad idea as well, someone might glue the LEGOs together. Yer asking for team tears at that point. Lol
  • Options
    I admit to being worried about the report function they're going to implement for that very reason. At least the mute/ignore function they're introducing will balance things out a bit; hopefully people will resort to that rather than reporting people who swear or tell crass jokes or use other crude language.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Hah, their ignore function on the forum is half kitten anyway. I can still see threads started by people I've ignored. Not holding much expectation for in game chat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    By global chat, do they mean one place where any and all can post for all to see? Or is it like everyone has their own "wall" on which ppl can post comments? Or maybe both.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    MSF chat is ridiculous and offensive and pointless.

A bunch of 14 year olds telling each other what they were going to do to each other Mothers. Seriously. Puerile, stupid and a waste of my time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, better censor yourself before someone else does it for you. Welcome to the internet in 2018...
  • Options
    MSF chat is ridiculous and offensive and pointless.

A bunch of 14 year olds telling each other what they were going to do to each other Mothers. Seriously. Puerile, **** and a waste of my time.

It's like you were never in Barrens chat back in the day.

Jokes aside, that tends to be what happens to global chats, if they aren't infested with ads for guilds, trades, buying in-game resources with real life money, raids (in certain MMOs where PUG raids were a thing), etc. Even proximity chat tended to be full of people begging for gold and/or other hand outs; I think my favorite Add-On when I played WoW removed the cap on my ignore list and shared it across characters... I think I wound up with half my server on my ignore list for spamming, or begging for gold.
    Nauros wrote: »
    Yeah, better censor yourself before someone else does it for you. Welcome to the internet in 2018...

And yet the Current Year is supposed to be so great and progressive (coughregressivecough).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I love it how people suggest that not telling offensive jokes is a sollution, haha. Obviously they've never been on a global game chat.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1. Barrens General: [Chuck Norris] Chuck Norris threw a grenade killing 50 people then it exploded.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    A. Global Chats are terrible (MSF a perfect example).
    B. You can turn off global chat in MSF, and your life will be much happier.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

It definately wouldnt be a terrible idea if this were an option.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »

It definately wouldnt be a terrible idea if this were an option.

Yup
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe they said they are not doing a global chat for that basic reason, it's just too much to manage.
    If they ever do, you might be able to make some extra $$$
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    Options
    if they do implement global chat..they also have to prepare for spammers and bot spammers with link
  • Options
    They said they'll release an update for more chats like: Guild allies, Guild officer, Guild planning and many to create own or for private talk.
  • SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just don’t want people getting salty and PM’ing hate. I play this game to relax and if that starts happening I’ll just quit. Can’t ignore someone in your arena shard or they’ll start targeting you
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    They said they'll release an update for more chats like: Guild allies, Guild officer, Guild planning and many to create own or for private talk.

Soooooo, Discord?
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options

Soooooo, Discord?

perhaps line?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Soooooo, Discord?

perhaps line?

giphy.webp

Line is SO bad
  • Range1974
    905 posts Member
    Options
    I tried Marvels new game for a few days. Their chat just seemed as an annoyance. I wish I could have removed it. This is an upgrade that was not wanted my the masses and will probably not be used. We have two alternatives that have been in use for years supporting the game.
    Spend the effort on mod management.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I tried Marvels new game for a few days. Their chat just seemed as an annoyance. I wish I could have removed it. This is an upgrade that was not wanted my the masses and will probably not be used. We have two alternatives that have been in use for years supporting the game.

You can remove Marvel's global chat. It's in settings.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

There will also not be a global chat here.

it was a requested feature, and will be helpful in many aspects of the game.
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I reckon the updated chat will be useful to newer guilds and reduce reliance on 3rd party apps but for most established guilds there's already a chat app in place e.g. Line.