About the new chat rework

Replies

• scuba
    14103 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope there is a way to turn it off.
    I actually hate the idea of this expanded chat. I am already in a chat with most of the people I want to talk to.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    They said they'll release an update for more chats like: Guild allies, Guild officer, Guild planning and many to create own or for private talk.

Soooooo, Discord?

perhaps line?

giphy.webp

Line is SO bad

I am the opposite, I've tried discord and think that its cumbersome. The bots are useful, just was so much to remember just to be able to use them.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I tried Marvels new game for a few days. Their chat just seemed as an annoyance. I wish I could have removed it. This is an upgrade that was not wanted my the masses and will probably not be used. We have two alternatives that have been in use for years supporting the game.
    Spend the effort on mod management.

There will also not be a global chat here.

it was a requested feature, and will be helpful in many aspects of the game.

I hope you're referring to mod management.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    They said they'll release an update for more chats like: Guild allies, Guild officer, Guild planning and many to create own or for private talk.

Soooooo, Discord?

perhaps line?

giphy.webp

Line is SO bad

discord users are snobs =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Soooooo, Discord?

perhaps line?

giphy.webp

Line is SO bad

discord users are snobs =D

I'm not sure about that, but as far as it being superior, I would like someone to explain what the advantages are.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    Options
    What was the joke?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait for people to complain about Arena cooperation once chat is reworked to allow for shard chats.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I can't wait for people to complain about Arena cooperation once chat is reworked to allow for shard chats.

They don't complain already?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Sorry, should have said: complain even more. They’ll say some bull kaka like CG is condoning Arena cooperation by implementing the shard chat in game which facilitates easier coordination.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options

Sorry, should have said: complain even more. They’ll say some bull kaka like CG is condoning Arena cooperation by implementing the shard chat in game which facilitates easier coordination.

With so many of us, it would be odd if nobody complained about nothing.
  • scoed1227
    22 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want a shard chat. Gaming the system using behind the scenes communication is already a thing. I don't want it made easier. Arena cooperation is a cancer to the game and I will never join in with that. If it is a thing I will but every last person I see using it. I hate the effects of collusion. I think all who do so are in essence cheaters and not worth talking to anyway.

On second thought I won't ignore them I will target them. I guess it will make punishing cheaters easier. The only use of a shard chat is basically collusion. I don't want it. All other useful information can be gained without a chat already. Arena cooperation is a PC term for colluding. Yes it is tolerated but cheating never the less.

Shard chat is not a feature but a bane if you want fair game play based on skill and strength not friendship and bullying. When I heard it is coming I was so disappointed. Sanctioned cheating at is best.
  • DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how the chat update will affect those who have the child lock on?
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    I don't want a shard chat. Gaming the system using behind the scenes communication is already a thing. I don't want it made easier. Arena cooperation is a cancer to the game and I will never join in with that. If it is a thing I will but every last person I see using it. I hate the effects of collusion. I think all who do so are in essence cheaters and not worth talking to anyway.

On second thought I won't ignore them I will target them. I guess it will make punishing cheaters easier. The only use of a shard chat is basically collusion. I don't want it. All other useful information can be gained without a chat already. Arena cooperation is a PC term for colluding. Yes it is tolerated but cheating never the less.

Shard chat is not a feature but a bane if you want fair game play based on skill and strength not friendship and bullying. When I heard it is coming I was so disappointed. Sanctioned cheating at is best.

I hope you have the roster to back that up, because that would be a funny thing to see.
  • TVF
    36703 posts Member
    Options

Yeah I'd much rather have to sit on my phone for a predetermined 30 minutes every single day just to make sure I don't get dropped from 1st to 15th.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah I'd much rather have to sit on my phone for a predetermined 30 minutes every single day just to make sure I don't get dropped from 1st to 15th.

Where is the sport in that?
  • TVF
    36703 posts Member
    Options
    Someday I'll be retired with no job or kids at home and I'll be sporting then.

I don't have time for that nonsense now.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    Someday I'll be retired with no job or kids at home and I'll be sporting then.

I don't have time for that nonsense now.

I do doubt that the game should last that long. Whatever keeps your X-wing in the air!
  • TVF
    36703 posts Member
    Options
    You don't know how old I or my kids are though.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options
    You don't know how old I or my kids are though.

I would hope you take that as a compliment.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • scoed1227
    22 posts Member
    Options

I hope you have the roster to back that up, because that would be a funny thing to see.
    I do in fleets. I have one of the best fleets in my shard. I often am number one without collusion. Never am I out of the top 20 in fleet.

In squad, given I am F2P, in a casual guild that can't do Traya or even Kenobi, put all my effort in fleet, don't collude, and never really cared about that part of the game, I am not even remotely close to be able to back it up. I hang around 500. So not so much there.

But in fleet I will target any effort to collude skipping up number one if I hear number two make a deal to stay there. I dislike cheaters. I will target them every chance I get. I don't care what lame justifications they use like "I have a job" or "I don't want to spend the time to earn rewards I just want them" or what ever. Who doesn't have a job and family? And we all have the same 24 hours. That is hardly an excuse for selling ones integrity and cheating over a few crystals. Honestly I rather be 5000th than sell my integrity over a few crystals.

But yes making cheaters effort count for less is funny. It will likely cost me top 20 in the long run as they will cry then ban together to oust me but it will be funny to watch. It will force them to play the game they so dislike that they try to cheat so they don't have to. Or their collusion will be undone by the likes of me

• Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Options

I do in fleets. I have one of the best fleets in my shard. I often am number one without collusion. Never am I out of the top 20 in fleet.

In squad, given I am F2P, in a casual guild that can't do Traya or even Kenobi, put all my effort in fleet, don't collude, and never really cared about that part of the game, I am not even remotely close to be able to back it up. I hang around 500. So not so much there.

But in fleet I will target any effort to collude skipping up number one if I hear number two make a deal to stay there. I dislike cheaters. I will target them every chance I get. I don't care what lame justifications they use like "I have a job" or "I don't want to spend the time to earn rewards I just want them" or what ever. Who doesn't have a job and family? And we all have the same 24 hours. That is hardly an excuse for selling ones integrity and cheating over a few crystals. Honestly I rather be 5000th than sell my integrity over a few crystals.

But yes making cheaters effort count for less is funny. It will likely cost me top 20 in the long run as they will cry then ban together to oust me but it will be funny to watch. It will force them to play the game they so dislike that they try to cheat so they don't have to. Or their collusion will be undone by the likes of me

Best of luck comrade.
  • TVF
    36703 posts Member
    Options
    This guy sounds like the guy in our shard who thinks it's fun to spend crystals just to attack everyone outside of his payout because he doesn't like shard chats.
  • scoed1227
    22 posts Member
    Options
    This guy sounds like the guy in our shard who thinks it's fun to spend crystals just to attack everyone outside of his payout because he doesn't like shard chats.
    I am not him but I think I would like him if I knew him. Crystals are to valuable to waist without gain given I only get what the game gives me. But if I was rich enough, spending I could see myself doing that just that. I don't like those who try to get gain through collusion at the expense of fair game play. So a that does indeed sound fun. Thanks for comparing me to him.

• Options
    I am not him but I think I would like him if I knew him. Crystals are to valuable to waist without gain given I only get what the game gives me. But if I was rich enough, spending I could see myself doing that just that. I don't like those who try to get gain through collusion at the expense of fair game play. So a that does indeed sound fun. Thanks for comparing me to him.

Actively preventing other players from climbing? That kind of collusion? Yeah I could see hating on that.

Sharing payout times so that more than one person can get the benefits of #1 at payout? Especially when people are on different payout times? Sounds like a GOOD thing to me.

If someone wants to sit atop the arena leaderboard for the 23 hours that aren't their payout, and is willing to spend crystals to do so - that's just trollish.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Msf chat is just spammed with bots offering 'free crystals' every minute
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    look at what you did @Huatimus
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scoed1227
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Actively preventing other players from climbing? That kind of collusion? Yeah I could see hating on that.

Sharing payout times so that more than one person can get the benefits of #1 at payout? Especially when people are on different payout times? Sounds like a GOOD thing to me.

If someone wants to sit atop the arena leaderboard for the 23 hours that aren't their payout, and is willing to spend crystals to do so - that's just trollish.
    I personally only pay attention to fleet at midnight my time to do my dailies and then again about an hour or so before my pay out to make sure I am in the top twenty or if i still am to clime to the top 10 or into the top 5 or at times number one. Once I am satisfied where I am at I move on and what happens happens. I don't usually use up my 5 goes but I have used crystals to move up to get more crystals.I defiantly don't camp the last seconds to hold my spot, or collaborate or camp a spot at off times.,

But making deals to reduce competition is collusion just as is making deals to freeze someone else. I don't like cheaters. Now holding a spot off of the time of pay out for no other reason then to do so is a bit trollish. Not as bad as cheating like what actively goes on on some shards, but still trollish. I have no issue with people timing there moves to get max pay out, but collaborating to hold a spot that I take issue with.

As I said I would only go after cheaters. Griefing for griefing sake is not cool nor fun. Griefing those who collaborate to hold their spot or try to freeze others out, now that would be fun. but sadly not worth the crystals to me. But if I am already moving up and I know of collaboration I most certainly would target them first even if it comes at a net small loss for me. I hate people who rig a game through collusion. It irks me that I must play at a disadvantage as they have no honor nor a sense of fair play or join them and lose my soul that way. I rather be 5000th than do the latter. Collaborating is a form of grief, And I have no qualms giving grief to griefers. Actually it is kind of fun.

Personally I wish payout times were more flexible or the highest place during the day would be used. But that is not how it is and given more than one person shares a payout time any collaboration on it give one person a much grater chance at top payouts then another who does not. That makes it not fair or fun.

Post edited by scoed1227 on
  • TVF
    36703 posts Member
    Options
    If it was cheating, it wouldn't be allowed.

End of story.
  • Options
    @scoed1227 then it sounds like we're generally in agreement. I just take issue with painting all shard chats with the same brush, since while some are definitely used to exclude, a lot are really just used to untangle payout times.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/