6th Man On The Grassy Knoll

wrekincruw
315 posts Member
edited May 2018
With all the new toons and reworks it's well past time that the 6th battle slot be opened up for use. I understand that this is usually reserved for when events get released the new characters can be show case but you can still do this when that time comes. This should pose no problem to implement immediately for anyone since this has already been tested and used in game repeatedly for quite some time now. The character base has grown, the Quality of features must grow in step.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You mean in "pvp", or all pve too?
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    You mean in "pvp", or all pve too?

All battles, the slot is there and we all now sit on these huge collections. Makes sense to use what's already available to supplement that.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    You mean the ally slot?

Yes
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Pass. Don't need battles taking longer than they already do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Pass. Don't need battles taking longer than they already do.

Battles are timed, nothing can take longer
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And so they'll increase the timer.

Or more battles will time-out.

Either way, pass.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    And so they'll increase the timer.

Or more battles will time-out.

Either way, pass.

Why would that possibly make battles time out? Timed out battles are a matter of how well a squad is matched not how many toons are battling, this has been done already sorry dude, they are doing it again for bounty hunter event, it works no problems at all, and you do not need to increase the time, for what? Also think ahead if you can, would you rather 5 toons in sith raid or 6? 5 toons in DSTB or 6? There are just too many toons to just sit on them. Dont cut yourself off from the force brother, study it, embrace it, be one with it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The issue I can see is that events that use the 6th man slot, are tuned as such. Regular pvp may not really be balanced that way.

It may or may not be an actual issue but as stated above the time out may actually become an issue again. Yes depends on the team used on both sides but by opening up the overall health pool that would need to be taken down, this is a possibility.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    opening up the overall health pool that would need to be taken down, this is a possibility.

My point exactly.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Since they reduced ships to 3v3, let's reduce Arena to 3v3 too instead of increasing to 6v6
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Since they reduced ships to 3v3, let's reduce Arena to 3v3 too instead of increasing to 6v6

Even better how about 1v1, or 1v0, or even 0v0!
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    opening up the overall health pool that would need to be taken down, this is a possibility.

My point exactly.

No it wasnt
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options
    The issue I can see is that events that use the 6th man slot, are tuned as such. Regular pvp may not really be balanced that way.

It may or may not be an actual issue but as stated above the time out may actually become an issue again. Yes depends on the team used on both sides but by opening up the overall health pool that would need to be taken down, this is a possibility.

I seen no issues in dark/light battles and that is as already rolled out
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »

I seen no issues in dark/light battles and that is as already rolled out

Correct those are pve and tuned for a 6th man.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

My point exactly.

No it wasnt

So now you know what was in my head when I wrote it?

Ok.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

OP agrees we should have less toons than more. Thread can be closed now!
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    Options

OP agrees we should have less toons than more. Thread can be closed now!

I can't blame you for not getting it bud, was over the head, no worries,
  • Qvwste
    43 posts Member
    Options
    I am unintelligent.
  • Options
    I want 8v8 with co-leaders so I can run every First Order hero at the same time and get leader bonuses from Phasma and faceless Kylo.