May 4th Rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    The ironic part of all this is we’re (I’m) not asking for “free things”, double drops is about us (me) SPENDING MONEY ON CRYSTALS THAT WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN SPENT. Im curious, legitimately, how many are buying extra crystals for these “bonus drops”. Seriously, double drop day I’m buying a vault.
    Ooba hutar.
  • KylarStern
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    KylarStern wrote: »
    Just before midnight I bought 6 refreshes worth of cantina energy when I was at 134 energy. My first sim was 20 of Death Troopers node.... bugged rewards with no extra currency.

RNG, not bugged.

No I meant bugged. Where there is a spot for it but nothing is shown and nothing is received.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Do I think the added layer of RNG of "chance" drops is a horrible idea? You betcha.

So there is RNG for the bonus drops? They show up to 2 drops on mine which usually implies at least 1 will drop guarenteed. I have done my normal daily routine of hard node farming and not gotten any bonus shards.....

So it's not bugged I just have bad RNG?

Obviously not spending extra on this if that's the case.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Probably the WORST "bonus" event since I started playing. The so called bonuses have the WORST drop rate yet. Its laughable.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    There is RNG. I've gotten varying amounts of both shards and GEC, no different than during double drops. I'm not sure what the issue is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lanex
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I would consider this May the 4th underwhelming to say the least.
    We have been gifted better things from the game going down for a couple hours (crystals, zetas, etc)
    Free stuff is free stuff, not going to turn it away, but compared to what they have done on previous years, when the game was smaller and less player base, the expectations were definitly set higher.
    I remember blowing over a hundred dollars on crystals last year when double drops were live. Seems like a wasted opportunity on their part if nothing else.

• Options
    Most ungrateful gaming community ever.

I'd rather read s***posts on /b/ than 90% of the "quality" posts on here.

"Waaahhh not enough free stuff. Waaahhhh".

I hope every single person that has posted in this thread complaining about what they've given us, burns the roof of their mouth on their next hot pocket.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Options

I hope every single person that has posted in this thread complaining about what they've given us, burns the roof of their mouth on their next hot pocket.

Dang.... Harsh... I wouldn't wish that on anyone
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    Options
    every year the may 4th rewards seem worse and worse.

oh well no money being spent today

so actually... thanks!
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Very underwhelming day so far. Looks like CG is falling in line with the rest of the new Star Wars movies. B)
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    You have a valid point. CG used to do double drops quite often, but they've completely moved away from them since.
    Though I think this is another case where CG does TOO good a job with something. Seems to be a reoccurring issue.
    Original mods had insane stats, original Sith rewards gave out a ton a G12 gear, original May 4th was really good. Then they realize it hurts their overall bottom line, so they roll it back, which of course makes everyone unhappy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    29n0zo.jpg

:lol:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Cahhmakt
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Yea these bonuses are crap. Double drops is the standard
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    No reason for free stuff IMO, but was hoping for better bundles or deals on stuff to buy.
  • Options
    Thank you CG for all the extra free goodies today including the release of a long time requested character, Bossk! For everyone who feels disappointed today I hope you all have better luck next year, may the 4th be with us all.
  • Options
    I’ve used over 800 energy for 4 shards...seems like a very low payout. But, that’s that. Drops are what EA sets up. Bossk event is great. May the 4th, not so much.
  • Options
    My reaction is "mildly disappointed". I had saved up crystsls and was planning to break my boycott* of crystal buying for double drops, but will definitely not be doing it for this. (*Since they killed the daily crystal boost.)
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how many complaining about no double drops would also complain about lowered drop rates... just sayin
  • Options
    So cheap this year. They only do That To buy cristal
  • Options
    Another EA fail
  • Lanex
    11 posts Member
    Options
    They set themselves up for disappointment. It’s like working for a company your whole life and when you retire they hand you a buy one get one free card for subway.
    Ummm thanks?
  • Options
    Free stuff:

giphy.gif

No free stuff:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    I wonder how many complaining about no double drops would also complain about lowered drop rates... just sayin

Lol. That's the thing. The lower drop rates are already here....
  • Options
    I think some of the confusion or upset comes from thinking Double Drops happen more often. The drop rates are the same, you get a bonus *IF* you achieve a drop at all.
  • snakeye626
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Been playing both swgoh and mavel strike force: swgoh thry are so tight about thier “giveaway” and less excitement when comes the event thier giveaway either very rng or completely sh!et and very expensive to play. Marvel actually better at their giveaways straight foward. Now i play marvel more. As for swgoh i just log in do my 600, raids then get out. For me marvel actually fun to play. Swgoh =give you stress when u play. Just my 2 credits!
  • Lanex
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I think some of the confusion or upset comes from thinking Double Drops happen more often. The drop rates are the same, you get a bonus *IF* you achieve a drop at all.

An extra shard for a toon I’m already farming is better than one I already have/don’t need lol.
    I love the game and am going to gladly keep playing, just a comically underwhelming “celebration event”
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I agree swgoh staff dropped the ball with these bonuses... They hurt themselves, during double drops I would speed crystals on refreshes, and buy crystal packs with $. These bonus are rather weak.

I just hope someone at EA does not compare last year may4 pack sales to this year and decides the game is dead and close it down. I would assume sales will be down a lot.

• Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Options
    Stop with the complaining because it’s old. Carrie said there would be more surprises and some might be this month so settle down and have some faith that the devs know what they’re doing. The Rebel event is good because it provides a ton of shard currency plus we got a character we have been asking for for a long time. Plus the BH reworks will help in DSTB and TW so go to your safe space and quit complaining
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Sure double drops would have been better, but I'm rather happy with what they did. I only have chirrut at 7star so I'll take whatever bonus shards they get ~300 GET a day that i wouldn't have had, I'll absolutely take that. I'm like 1600 short of unlocking hermit, so gimmie those tokens! And thats on top of the 2300 shard shop currency i got from the rebel assault event and however many i get the next two days, thats a decent amount of gear i can buy
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Stop with the complaining because it’s old. Carrie said there would be more surprises and some might be this month so settle down and have some faith that the devs know what they’re doing. The Rebel event is good because it provides a ton of shard currency plus we got a character we have been asking for for a long time. Plus the BH reworks will help in DSTB and TW so go to your safe space and quit complaining

She has hinted, but there has been nothing. Their day is almost over, so it's safe to assume that what we got is what we got. Anything else that may come this month is not associated with Star Wars Day.

But, to your specific points:
    1. The Rebel Event *is* great, it's the only win for the day
    2. Being allowed to buy a character starting today doesn't really say "celebrate" to lots of people
    3. The BH reworks were done prior to today, and have nothing to do with Star Wars Day

Sure, free stuff is free, but it's not driving spending, it's very lackluster, and not everyone is even getting the bonuses, because RNG. Go to your own safe space and stop complaining about my complaining.