Assault Battles Ground War: where is resistance?

Replies

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    So you are all just unhappy, because you can’t complete the mythic tier?

I hope you guys have 7* Wicket and MT since their release, because the upper tier of their event rewards 1-4 zeta every time, so you were possibly missing 16 zeta a month for not having them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Random9 wrote: »
    @Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It has nothing to do with making sense - and everything to do with making money. The Mythic tier is virtually impossible even with maxed g12 GK/Zarris + Hoda. I'd guess they tested the mythic tier with similarly geared Resistance teams with JTRey + BB8 and realized it was simply too easy.

The dishonesty about suddenly making sense is just silliness on CG's part. No one thought of that first time they released the event? C'mon man. :D

Yep evil conspiracy. Always is always has to be.

Or
    Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It does make sense because as they say
    Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

A faction that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the other factions, except to have a fun challenge.

If there’s one thing I can get up in arms about, it’s this. I clung to using Jedi in arena for the longest time until they were phased out in every single way. At their pinnacle i got to top 25 and was able to hold. But here’s the problem. They are utter trash now. I’m a HUGE Jedi fan and there’s nothing useful about them anymore. They have no offense, no defense (outside of zarris) and the one person that can spread buffs to make them halfway useful goes down in a single punch.
    Sorry kyno but the devs made a bad move on this one. I’ve been playing devils advocate lately and have been defending them, but when you take away a faction that is properly designed to have a chance in this mythic tier, and replace it with one that’s used as a “junk defense” in TW, then something’s wrong. They should have waited to make the switch until the Jedi got an overhaul.

They literally said they did it to make it a challenge. This is by design to make it difficult. I'm sorry. But everyone complains about how they make things difficult, tm loading, invisible taunt to spread out damage, and additional tuning of toons. Here they didn't do really do that, they just gave a challenging matchup.(yes GG is tuned and has an extra debuff).

But honestly with all of this, what are they supposed to do to make things difficult?? Is it all supposed to be easy and give no reason for development? That is the point of the game, manage your resources and develop your roster, stay flexible and build teams to meet the challenge.

They said "lore" - not "to make it difficult". If they would have been honest, instead of making up reasons that are more see through than lingerie, that would have been fairly...unique.

Clear, honest communication - I know it's a new request on the forums. ;)

So because they can use 1 change to make those 2 things coincide, they are not being honest?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It has nothing to do with making sense - and everything to do with making money. The Mythic tier is virtually impossible even with maxed g12 GK/Zarris + Hoda. I'd guess they tested the mythic tier with similarly geared Resistance teams with JTRey + BB8 and realized it was simply too easy.

The dishonesty about suddenly making sense is just silliness on CG's part. No one thought of that first time they released the event? C'mon man. :D

Or
    Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

A faction that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the other factions, except to have a fun challenge.

I understand that. I have defended the devs a lot on these forums, but it doesn’t seem to me that they couldn’t have been thinking about money for this. Sure, they want a canon group fighting them. Why not exchange ugnaught for a canon faction? Because resistance was the one everyone had and could beat the challenge. People who want to complete the challenge could now either grind for months to gear and max out useless factions or spend money and do it quick. Now just putting it out there, I don’t usually call “money-making conspiracy.” Look back through my posts if you’d like. I always try to defend the devs when someone says they’re just trying to make money. But this time it just doesn’t make sense.

Because resistance made it easy. They didn't want the mythic to be easy.

Qxve1rr.jpg

They are a business, they are trying to make money. People feeling compelled to give them money because they cant complete an event the first time is not "their doing". Yes they understand people may feel that way, but what are they supposed to do, make the content easy, so no one feels like they should develope?

They made 1 change to a single instance of a series of events to give them all the same feel and some consistent theme.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »

Or

If there’s one thing I can get up in arms about, it’s this. I clung to using Jedi in arena for the longest time until they were phased out in every single way. At their pinnacle i got to top 25 and was able to hold. But here’s the problem. They are utter trash now. I’m a HUGE Jedi fan and there’s nothing useful about them anymore. They have no offense, no defense (outside of zarris) and the one person that can spread buffs to make them halfway useful goes down in a single punch.
    Sorry kyno but the devs made a bad move on this one. I’ve been playing devils advocate lately and have been defending them, but when you take away a faction that is properly designed to have a chance in this mythic tier, and replace it with one that’s used as a “junk defense” in TW, then something’s wrong. They should have waited to make the switch until the Jedi got an overhaul.

They literally said they did it to make it a challenge. This is by design to make it difficult. I'm sorry. But everyone complains about how they make things difficult, tm loading, invisible taunt to spread out damage, and additional tuning of toons. Here they didn't do really do that, they just gave a challenging matchup.(yes GG is tuned and has an extra debuff).

But honestly with all of this, what are they supposed to do to make things difficult?? Is it all supposed to be easy and give no reason for development? That is the point of the game, manage your resources and develop your roster, stay flexible and build teams to meet the challenge.

I don't know what your affiliation is with CG, but if they tell us the earth is flat, would you take their word for it because they literally said so?

I understand there is a need to make money in this game, and I have always defended CG and their devs against criticisms from people who spend a lot and feeling entitled. But it just seems lately that a lot of these changes weren't needed and created more animosity then good will. If the change to Jedis was designed to promote the use of GK and HMY then a good portion of the community won't be successful with the event.

There is a difference between challenging and inaccessible/impossible. Your commander tells you to take out the F22 fighter, and you get to fly a F22 on the mission. Challenging, but doable. Your commander tells you to take out the F22 fighter, but you get to fly the F4 phantom on the mission........**** near impossible. Is impossible the new challenging?!

The good analogy would be you are the manager of the fleet and the F4 phantoms are useless for your common ennemy so you decide to never invest in them, but then you are commander says a new ennemy appeared and they can only be handled by F4 phantom.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Or

I don't know what your affiliation is with CG, but if they tell us the earth is flat, would you take their word for it because they literally said so?

I understand there is a need to make money in this game, and I have always defended CG and their devs against criticisms from people who spend a lot and feeling entitled. But it just seems lately that a lot of these changes weren't needed and created more animosity then good will. If the change to Jedis was designed to promote the use of GK and HMY then a good portion of the community won't be successful with the event.

There is a difference between challenging and inaccessible/impossible. Your commander tells you to take out the F22 fighter, and you get to fly a F22 on the mission. Challenging, but doable. Your commander tells you to take out the F22 fighter, but you get to fly the F4 phantom on the mission........**** near impossible. Is impossible the new challenging?!

It's not impossible. People are doing it right now. Some may not do it the first time, great, now you have a goal for the next time. That's the point.

I am a full time player and a volunteer mod, that's it. No I dont just believe what they say, but I also not one to think that they do things just to make money. Some times they do things just to make a new experience and drive difficulty up and force development. Do you know why? Because those things will make them money. There is actually a difference between those 2 things.

It's a game we all choose what we do. If you feel compelled to beat everything the first time around even after they rework or make changes to something you have beat before, great. If you have not been saving and managing your resources to stay flexible for things like this when given notice....then you have a choice to make.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

I hope you guys have 7* Wicket and MT since their release, because the upper tier of their event rewards 1-4 zeta every time, so you were possibly missing 16 zeta a month for not having them.

We’re unhappy because they changed the character requirements. But obviously everyone has 7* wicket and mother talzin. That’s an easy thing to do without spending money.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

We’re unhappy because they changed the character requirements. But obviously everyone has 7* wicket and mother talzin. That’s an easy thing to do without spending money.

So you would have been happier with the old version of the assault battle? Same toons, same rewards? Or do you ask for old toons, new rewards?
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah they removed them a while ago, probably cuz more and more people were getting Jedi Training Rey teams and stomping the Ground War. I think Resistance was a usable squad there only to make people want JTR and Resistance more, since it doesn't make much sense lorewise. But they knew that back then, of course.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t get the issue, honestly.

Those who did not completed the mythic did not lose anything, as the previous version did not have a mythic tier, so why the anger?

No anger. I just don't like when CG micturate's on my cranium and tells me it's "lore" precipitation. ;)

As an aside, the "lore" arguments rings especially hollow when the Jedi are one of the weakest factions in the game. Now go look at "lore".

Until proven otherwise, Swgoh remains CG’s game and if they decide to make the event requiring the 3 Tusken at G12 with Ugnaught and Mob Enforcer, it is their choice.

CG is owned by EA, which tells you everything you need to know.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Am I the only one that sees beyond the lore aspect of this event for the Jedi. The subtext of this is -start working on your Jedi. Jedi faction pass is coming. Jedi Luke is coming.
    Also people have beaten the mythic with Jedi and not so crazy tiered Jedi. Also it’s a mythic. It’s a bonus round of a bonus round.

Res tore up this event. It made no canonical sense to have them or Ewoks there. At the time they said it’s fun - it’s a holotable. We ripped them for it. Ea is a business and do business things but the devs do, do things like this to put things on our radar.

I understand what you mean Nik about communication we have long said this. But read the subtext here and it was clearly stated. Get the Jedi up. I probably won’t go crazy on this event because of rl stuff today but next time I’ll have it.

Bonus bonus bonus - GG is a monster here! Maybe a rework coming for him soon too. I know we have said this for so long but again I bring up Carries three year plan statement. Steps are intentional. I can complain where I feel devs are wrong or lacking but with this I feel they are giving a whispered hint of what’s to come.

Also Kyno - I give you major props. You are everywhere man. CG really needs to cut you a check. Not saying you’re a shill at all. But the total opposite. From both of scuba’s posts to here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Those who did not completed the mythic did not lose anything, as the previous version did not have a mythic tier, so why the anger?

No anger. I just don't like when CG micturate's on my cranium and tells me it's "lore" precipitation. ;)

As an aside, the "lore" arguments rings especially hollow when the Jedi are one of the weakest factions in the game. Now go look at "lore".

Until proven otherwise, Swgoh remains CG’s game and if they decide to make the event requiring the 3 Tusken at G12 with Ugnaught and Mob Enforcer, it is their choice.

No, not really. But it's the internet, assumptions abound!!
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Ewoks make even less sense than Resistance. Why not Clones?

Exactly, they just wanted to further punish people for investing in resistance and push the money towards Ewoks and Jedi........

This, isn’t it obvious.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Options

It’s the internet, where you can find apologists for every cause.
  • Hellios
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Change is hard, but on the upside, I'm now an owner of boat-load of good mods. Thanks
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    you dont need wicket to beat the mythic event. I beated it with chirpa (l) teeboo, scout, paploo, logray.

Teeboo and logray are essential to remove turn meter from grievious

xGqjoKO.png
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options

Or

It's not impossible. People are doing it right now. Some may not do it the first time, great, now you have a goal for the next time. That's the point.

I am a full time player and a volunteer mod, that's it. No I dont just believe what they say, but I also not one to think that they do things just to make money. Some times they do things just to make a new experience and drive difficulty up and force development. Do you know why? Because those things will make them money. There is actually a difference between those 2 things.

It's a game we all choose what we do. If you feel compelled to beat everything the first time around even after they rework or make changes to something you have beat before, great. If you have not been saving and managing your resources to stay flexible for things like this when given notice....then you have a choice to make.

Your explanation for them making decisions doesn’t make sense... you say “CG isn’t making decisions just to make money, but they are doing it because they WILL make money”

So you are saying they aren’t TRYING to make money, you are saying they WILL make money. Which is why they are making the decisions they are making?

Please explain what you’re trying to say.

Honestly, I try not to remain neutral, but it really doesn’t make sense for devs to suddenly switch their decision.

They could have KEPT the resistance faction and added the Jedi faction.

Secondly, if you are telling me that CG did not think Jedi faction would have made more sense from the start, that is total **** and I would want a new dev team. There are obvious alternate reasons as to why they switched the factions not JUST for Logical reasons. More transparency would be nice. I would not even mind if they said “The resistance faction has made the event easier than intended. We will be removing the faction and replacing for Jedi faction to adjust for the intended difficulty.”
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

This this this.... the lies and the people who fall for them..... No such thing as honesty from the top period
  • Options
    you dont need wicket to beat the mythic event. I beated it with chirpa (l) teeboo, scout, paploo, logray.

Teeboo and logray are essential to remove turn meter from grievious

xGqjoKO.png

What’s gear and speeds aprx??
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    This challenge wasn't fun...

For you, maybe not.

I thought it was fun, enjoyed it and succeeded with room to improve in the future.

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Then they should have left the Resistance that people have developed and removed Ewoks and Ugnaught which makes no sense, and added Jedi and Clones. But no, they removed the one team people have after JTR was released a second time, and chose an under developed non-reworked team to stymie players and increase revenue.

Sorry, on this one I have to disagree for their reasoning. Can’t even use CLS because of no Jedi Tag, and very few have GK.
  • Options

Capital games is a division of EA
    EA even appears in the loading sequence of the game you tool
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options

Huh? Capital Games is EA
  • Options

Because, now I can’t even 1 Star the other two which I completed previously.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Scabmaggot wrote: »

@Scabmaggot
    It's funny how sentences work. There can be multiple parts.....and while one part may be a fact the other can be an assumption.
  • Options
    Scabmaggot wrote: »

Sorry, but resorting to name calling a mod or anyone else is not cool.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Then they should have left the Resistance that people have developed and removed Ewoks and Ugnaught which makes no sense, and added Jedi and Clones. But no, they removed the one team people have after JTR was released a second time, and chose an under developed non-reworked team to stymie players and increase revenue.

Sorry, on this one I have to disagree for their reasoning. Can’t even use CLS because of no Jedi Tag, and very few have GK.

As stated by the dev team they want the mythic to be a challenge and had they left resistance there, it would not have been.

I'm not sure on the % but i think to say very few have GK, is probably not accurate.

Yes, they make events and content to push peoples development and reward people with "wide rosters", I dont think anyone would argue with that....and I think they have stated it. Anyone choosing to spend money, has made that choice on their personal feelings about how they want to master the game.
  • Options
    i was glad to see the change just because it does make sense from a lore perspective, whether you believe that was their reason for doing it or not, though as others have said i wondered why it wasn't galactic republic instead of just jedi.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »

Or

Your explanation for them making decisions doesn’t make sense... you say “CG isn’t making decisions just to make money, but they are doing it because they WILL make money”

So you are saying they aren’t TRYING to make money, you are saying they WILL make money. Which is why they are making the decisions they are making?

Please explain what you’re trying to say.

Honestly, I try not to remain neutral, but it really doesn’t make sense for devs to suddenly switch their decision.

Making a business plan that will make you money, is how businesses operate.

If they were doing something to just make money, they could release 8* and lock all new content behind that, but basically not change much of the content. Or make the game a subscription fee. There are things they could do, that literally create a pay wall that you cannot pass unless you will pay, because we all know some people will.

What they choose to do, is stick to a model of pushing rosters to be larger and releasing content that will make people want to build and diversify. Yes at times this may come in the form of a rework of an existing event, to meet some new thing (difficult mythic tier) and then a side benefit of making all similar event styles fill a common theme. This is done because some again will pay, but other can simply build at their own pace and get there with just time and commitment.

In my mind those are 2 different philosophies, both with the same goal.
    Athusk wrote: »

Or

They could have KEPT the resistance faction and added the Jedi faction.

Secondly, if you are telling me that CG did not think Jedi faction would have made more sense from the start, that is total **** and I would want a new dev team. There are obvious alternate reasons as to why they switched the factions not JUST for Logical reasons. More transparency would be nice. I would not even mind if they said “The resistance faction has made the event easier than intended. We will be removing the faction and replacing for Jedi faction to adjust for the intended difficulty.”

About the jedi, as I said earlier they want it to be difficult and resistance wouldn't allow them to do that. There is not a single person in my mind who built a resistance team just for this event. This event was a bonus for an already useful team.

Correct jedi would have made more sense, but I believe this was the first event of this type and they may have been testing the waters as they have said they do. After realizing it was a success they wanted to define it more with a theme and they did that. I'm just speculating but that is completely reasonable. But I guess I care less about them making changes like this than most.