Assault Battles Ground War: where is resistance?

Prev13456
Random9
510 posts Member
Why was the requirements for assault battles ground war changed from resistance to Jedi? Not too happy as I can no longer complete the event. Also, will another assault battle now have resistance as a requirement?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166034/content-update-4-11-2018#latest

They explain it here. From the description of why they changed it, it is possible they could add one but no plans have been stated.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks make even less sense than Resistance. Why not Clones?
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Ewoks make even less sense than Resistance. Why not Clones?

Exactly, they just wanted to further punish people for investing in resistance and push the money towards Ewoks and Jedi........
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Random9 wrote: »
    Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It has nothing to do with making sense - and everything to do with making money. The Mythic tier is virtually impossible even with maxed g12 GK/Zarris + Hoda. I'd guess they tested the mythic tier with similarly geared Resistance teams with JTRey + BB8 and realized it was simply too easy.

The dishonesty about suddenly making sense is just silliness on CG's part. No one thought of that first time they released the event? C'mon man. :D
    Post edited by Kyno on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    This was my complaint. If they wanted to put Jedi in they should have removed the Ewoks. It was just a poor excuse to stop Resistance trivialising it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It has nothing to do with making sense - and everything to do with making money. The Mythic tier is virtually impossible even with maxed g12 GK/Zarris + Hoda. I'd guess they tested the mythic tier with similarly geared Resistance teams with JTRey + BB8 and realized it was simply too easy.

The dishonesty about suddenly making sense is just silliness on CG's part. No one thought of that first time they released the event? C'mon man. :D

Yep evil conspiracy. Always is always has to be.

Or
    Kyno yeah I’ve seen that. They say it’s so it makes sense, but how do Ewoks or ugnaughts make sense.

It does make sense because as they say
    Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

A faction that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the other factions, except to have a fun challenge.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    They've done it so its not too easy (Finn/JTR), they say it was done on a lore standpoint but thats junk, they've done it because so many are working on res, keep a team that need loads of zetas, and money to max (ewoks) in and then put junk jedi in. Money is always number one, screw lore, if it was a lore stand point it would be jedi and clones/nightsisters.

This. And it wouldn't have Ewoks and Ugnaught. The "it's LOREZ!!" argument is just silly - and insulting.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    A faction that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the other factions, except to have a fun challenge.
    Please post a vid (yeah, one of the few times I'll ask for one of those ;) ) of your Jedi team having a "fun challenge" against the Mythic Tier. TIA.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options

Or

Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

Would make alot more sense for clones, considering they did 90% of the fighting, but hey, give us the choice of a faction thats utter trash or a really expensive faction, I see this comes from a "fun" aspect of the devs.

100%, it makes sense to include jedi, but makes no sense to not also include clones.

But you lost me in an expensive faction. Every toon this event allows is F2P and farmable....

I like jedi, but mine may be a little under geared fit his event. They are not trash, they are just not overwhelming with offense power.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Or

Would make alot more sense for clones, considering they did 90% of the fighting, but hey, give us the choice of a faction thats utter trash or a really expensive faction, I see this comes from a "fun" aspect of the devs.

100%, it makes sense to include jedi, but makes no sense to not also include clones.

But you lost me in an expensive faction. Every toon this event allows is F2P and farmable....

I like jedi, but mine may be a little under geared fit his event. They are not trash, they are just not overwhelming with offense power.

No Jedi are - no matter how well modded/geared or leveled. That's kinda the point. ;)

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please post a vid (yeah, one of the few times I'll ask for one of those ;) ) of your Jedi team having a "fun challenge" against the Mythic Tier. TIA.

Ewoks are the fun challenge. Jedi are the canonical referenced there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Or

No Jedi are - no matter how well modded/geared or leveled. That's kinda the point. ;)

They have other attributes that allow them to do it. Other have shown that.

It's not always about brute force. It's about the tools in the kit.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Or

If there’s one thing I can get up in arms about, it’s this. I clung to using Jedi in arena for the longest time until they were phased out in every single way. At their pinnacle i got to top 25 and was able to hold. But here’s the problem. They are utter trash now. I’m a HUGE Jedi fan and there’s nothing useful about them anymore. They have no offense, no defense (outside of zarris) and the one person that can spread buffs to make them halfway useful goes down in a single punch.
    Sorry kyno but the devs made a bad move on this one. I’ve been playing devils advocate lately and have been defending them, but when you take away a faction that is properly designed to have a chance in this mythic tier, and replace it with one that’s used as a “junk defense” in TW, then something’s wrong. They should have waited to make the switch until the Jedi got an overhaul.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    And believe me! Do the jedi need an overhaul. I’m hoping that they get one this summer as a response to the sith uprising. JKA, Ashoka, Mace and GK all deserve some zeta’s to up their firepower
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    For many people who just got JTRey and geared her up, the "fun challenge" would have been to get to use her and other Resistence teams against the new Mythic Tier. But instead, CG decided to change it to Jedi. One of the weakest and "not yet reworked" teams left.

This isn't fun or challenging. I've been pretty positive on most of the recent things going on and defended the devs in several threads, but this is a lame change - and certainly not geared toward making things "fun".

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Or

My Jedi has a lot of fun :)

https://imgur.com/a/g2qFoG8

I will make a video for you ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Or

If there’s one thing I can get up in arms about, it’s this. I clung to using Jedi in arena for the longest time until they were phased out in every single way. At their pinnacle i got to top 25 and was able to hold. But here’s the problem. They are utter trash now. I’m a HUGE Jedi fan and there’s nothing useful about them anymore. They have no offense, no defense (outside of zarris) and the one person that can spread buffs to make them halfway useful goes down in a single punch.
    Sorry kyno but the devs made a bad move on this one. I’ve been playing devils advocate lately and have been defending them, but when you take away a faction that is properly designed to have a chance in this mythic tier, and replace it with one that’s used as a “junk defense” in TW, then something’s wrong. They should have waited to make the switch until the Jedi got an overhaul.

They literally said they did it to make it a challenge. This is by design to make it difficult. I'm sorry. But everyone complains about how they make things difficult, tm loading, invisible taunt to spread out damage, and additional tuning of toons. Here they didn't do really do that, they just gave a challenging matchup.(yes GG is tuned and has an extra debuff).

But honestly with all of this, what are they supposed to do to make things difficult?? Is it all supposed to be easy and give no reason for development? That is the point of the game, manage your resources and develop your roster, stay flexible and build teams to meet the challenge.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Or

They literally said they did it to make it a challenge. This is by design to make it difficult. I'm sorry. But everyone complains about how they make things difficult, tm loading, invisible taunt to spread out damage, and additional tuning of toons. Here they didn't do really do that, they just gave a challenging matchup.(yes GG is tuned and has an extra debuff).

But honestly with all of this, what are they supposed to do to make things difficult?? Is it all supposed to be easy and give no reason for development? That is the point of the game, manage your resources and develop your roster, stay flexible and build teams to meet the challenge.

They said "lore" - not "to make it difficult". If they would have been honest, instead of making up reasons that are more see through than lingerie, that would have been fairly...unique.

Clear, honest communication - I know it's a new request on the forums. ;)

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t get the issue, honestly.

Those who did not completed the mythic did not lose anything, as the previous version did not have a mythic tier, so why the anger?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Those who did not completed the mythic did not lose anything, as the previous version did not have a mythic tier, so why the anger?

No anger. I just don't like when CG micturate's on my cranium and tells me it's "lore" precipitation. ;)

As an aside, the "lore" arguments rings especially hollow when the Jedi are one of the weakest factions in the game. Now go look at "lore".

• Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options

Or

I understand that. I have defended the devs a lot on these forums, but it doesn’t seem to me that they couldn’t have been thinking about money for this. Sure, they want a canon group fighting them. Why not exchange ugnaught for a canon faction? Because resistance was the one everyone had and could beat the challenge. People who want to complete the challenge could now either grind for months to gear and max out useless factions or spend money and do it quick. Now just putting it out there, I don’t usually call “money-making conspiracy.” Look back through my posts if you’d like. I always try to defend the devs when someone says they’re just trying to make money. But this time it just doesn’t make sense.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options

@Neo2551 Exactly! Who ever would want to get better rewards if they’ve already completed the lower tiers for worse rewards? I sure know I’d rather have 3 shards of IG-100 magma guard than two more zetas!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

No anger. I just don't like when CG micturate's on my cranium and tells me it's "lore" precipitation. ;)

As an aside, the "lore" arguments rings especially hollow when the Jedi are one of the weakest factions in the game. Now go look at "lore".

Until proven otherwise, Swgoh remains CG’s game and if they decide to make the event requiring the 3 Tusken at G12 with Ugnaught and Mob Enforcer, it is their choice.

You are obviously unhappy with their decision, because you probably can’t beat the last tier of the event, but many posts on Reddit shows how you can finish last tier.

By the way, Jedi might not hit hard, but did you gear them to g12 with the last pieces, before saying that? Jedi never hit hard, but they survived a lot with foresight, healing and were doing decent damage with assist calls. QGJ and JKA provide Offense UP to the whole team is also not something you can neglect and Ezra is one the hardest hitter of the game...

Finally, I honestly think @CG_CapGaSP makes a wonderful job at the event.
  • Attackoftherevans
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Maybe bc jedi are not great, we have all been working on resistance, and completing the mythic tier actually offers a decent reward, idk