A viable BH team in Arena ? Perhaps even more than viable.

2Next

Replies

• Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    Zam Wesell is extremely fast, and you could probably get up to about 270 speed with good speed mods (up to 285 with GREAT mods) which should outspeed most Vaders. She has two abilities that give AoE debuffs.

However, this increases speed, not turn meter. So even if you are able to land the DoTs it's likely that Vader goes next, lands his DoTs, throws the saber, then the entire enemy team goes (even with your improved speed). This is all assuming you don't have an enemy Sion that allows Nihilus to go as well as someone else mentioned...

You may actually be better off running GK in the fifth slot and just trying to tank your way through the fight until Boba can land some nasty Executes.

270 does not outspeed most vaders. Far from it.

Zam is 163 speed base, so 270 is +107 from mods.

Vader is 121 base, +56 in the standard team (8x7), putting him at 177. Adding the same 107 to Vader puts him at 284. So basically you need to have mods that are 15 speed faster than your opponent, which is pretty difficult to pull off. Most Vaders on my shard are in the mid to high 290's.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »
    Zam Wesell is extremely fast, and you could probably get up to about 270 speed with good speed mods (up to 285 with GREAT mods) which should outspeed most Vaders. She has two abilities that give AoE debuffs.

However, this increases speed, not turn meter. So even if you are able to land the DoTs it's likely that Vader goes next, lands his DoTs, throws the saber, then the entire enemy team goes (even with your improved speed). This is all assuming you don't have an enemy Sion that allows Nihilus to go as well as someone else mentioned...

You may actually be better off running GK in the fifth slot and just trying to tank your way through the fight until Boba can land some nasty Executes.

270 does not outspeed most vaders. Far from it.

Zam is 163 speed base, so 270 is +107 from mods.

Vader is 121 base, +56 in the standard team (8x7), putting him at 177. Adding the same 107 to Vader puts him at 284. So basically you need to have mods that are 15 speed faster than your opponent, which is pretty difficult to pull off. Most Vaders on my shard are in the mid to high 290's.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was forgetting that it's +56 and not +48. Either way, even if Zam went before you'd still suffer the same problem I mentioned with the other team going before you because of TM gain.

Raid Han would be the simplest solution to this problem, and kind of ironic in a BH team :D
  • Options
    The best option is to swap Zader for Zolo as he can stun the opponents Vader Before he uses force crush plus he instantly gives +15 speed at the start of the battle under bobbas lead Zam Wessell is so quite fast
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    Options
    What it comes down to is a definition of arena viable. Can BH win on offense, yes.... SO yes you can use them in arena.

For me, for a team to be arena viable he needs to hold on defense, if you drop from 5 to 50 overnight its not great. Which for me means it is not an easy win when put on defense for 50% of the player base. Boba lead BH (with or without vader) are easy pickings for ZVader or NS squads. OR even EP lead squads (there vader with easily outspeed you). Given that many players have those sqauds as an option, I do not seem BH holding on defense.

I have not come across any BH teams in my arena. I know one still active player had a zBF lead BH team a year ago, he has not dusted it off yet.

Bounty Hunters are still a solid team for DS TB, and TW offense...
  • Teweedo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    What it comes down to is a definition of arena viable. Can BH win on offense, yes.... SO yes you can use them in arena.

For me, for a team to be arena viable he needs to hold on defense, if you drop from 5 to 50 overnight its not great. Which for me means it is not an easy win when put on defense for 50% of the player base. Boba lead BH (with or without vader) are easy pickings for ZVader or NS squads. OR even EP lead squads (there vader with easily outspeed you). Given that many players have those sqauds as an option, I do not seem BH holding on defense.

I have not come across any BH teams in my arena. I know one still active player had a zBF lead BH team a year ago, he has not dusted it off yet.

Sometimes I wonder how much real defense teams have vs people just avoiding a team because it could be annoying.

That said, does anyone knows if BH in TW defense keeps their contract buff from a match to another?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Teweedo wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »

Sometimes I wonder how much real defense teams have vs people just avoiding a team because it could be annoying.

That said, does anyone knows if BH in TW defense keeps their contract buff from a match to another?

Defense means nothing...If you don't drop from top 5 to at least 30-40 every day, then you don't have a very competitive shard ;)
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    @Huatimus
    If thats the case - the in-game description of Vader's unique is incorrect. Written as each empire or sith ally gives a tempo boost. Which certainly is not you by your own. Need to send a bug report if you are 100% sure about this.

If it didn't count himself, the word "other" would have been used. On a full empire team led by EP, Vader gets +8 x 5 for 5 Empire, including himself. He also gets +8 × 2 for 2 Sith allies, himself and EP, for a total of +56 b4 checking for enemy rebels/jedi. WAI.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    @Huatimus
    If thats the case - the in-game description of Vader's unique is incorrect. Written as each empire or sith ally gives a tempo boost. Which certainly is not you by your own. Need to send a bug report if you are 100% sure about this.

If it didn't count himself, the word "other" would have been used. On a full empire team led by EP, Vader gets +8 x 5 for 5 Empire, including himself. He also gets +8 × 2 for 2 Sith allies, himself and EP, for a total of +56 b4 checking for enemy rebels/jedi. WAI.

Thats my point - please reread the in-game description:

At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

ally
    NOUN

1A state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose.
    ‘debate continued among NATO allies’
    More example sentences

1.1 A person or organization that cooperates with or helps another in a particular activity.
    ‘he was forced to dismiss his closest political ally’

Ally means others - not yourself. You cannot be your own ally. That would be like counting yourself inside how many friends you got...

Text should be maybe something like this (English is not my main language and i learned others before):
    At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire character, Sith character, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You're talking dictionary definitions. This game uses its own definitions, so it's not really worth the time pointing to something the game doesn't care about. And maybe it shouldn't do that, but since it does, just accept it and move on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    @Huatimus

Thats my point - please reread the in-game description:

At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

ally
    NOUN

1A state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose.
    ‘debate continued among NATO allies’
    More example sentences

1.1 A person or organization that cooperates with or helps another in a particular activity.
    ‘he was forced to dismiss his closest political ally’

Ally means others - not yourself. You cannot be your own ally. That would be like counting yourself inside how many friends you got...

Text should be maybe something like this (English is not my main language and i learned others before):
    At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire character, Sith character, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

That’s why I already explained to you earlier. These are XKurareX allies, not Darth Vader’s allies. Is Darth Vader your ally? Yups. Is Darth Vader Empire? Yups, +8 Speed. Is Darth Vader Sith? Yups, +8 Speed.
    Believe it or not, but the language so far is consistent and in line with the English language.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Its description of Darth Vader not of any player. I am sorry to tell it - but this description is simply bad. And translated to other languages i read its just plain rubbish. Some languages are very exact and have a huge amount of words to exactly phrase what you want to tell - it makes no sense in those languages at all. Maybe you are used to it with English to such vague sentences - however me and many others are not. Kindly consider all translations are made from the English version.

I saw quite a few people here also didn't knew about the exact calculation. This alone shows that many do not understand the description "correctly". I always try to believe, that everyone is clever - so I simply think the description should improve.

My 2cp